October 8th, 2010

Palin on presidential run

(CNN) - There's further proof that former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is considering a presidential run in 2012.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Palin discussed her political ambition at a webcast taping for conservative magazine, Newsmax, on Wednesday.

"I'll run for President if the American people want me to," Palin told the live audience.

But this is not the first time Palin has addressed the issue.

"A reason to run (for president) is if nobody else were to step up with the solutions that are needed to get the economy back on the right track," Palin told Fox News in September.

And in an April interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show, Palin said she would "pursue" a presidential bid if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The new comments come as Palin gears up to campaign with RNC Chairman Michael Steele next week and after a so-far successful season of candidate endorsements for the midterm elections. A new CBS poll out Thursday found that 64 percent of those surveyed thought she would not make an effective president.

–CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby contributed to this report

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. shoegazer

"The Tea Party".....because even the insane need a political voice.

October 8, 2010 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  2. emma

Please run, Sarah. You may learn you are God's chosen but not the peoples' choice.

October 8, 2010 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  3. shoegazer

It looks as though,in the picture,she' asking the country to "pull my finger"......

October 8, 2010 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  4. Sniffit

Delusional demagogue is delusional. Story at 11.

October 8, 2010 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  5. Tina in NC

I'm a Democrat and I beg her to run. It will be pure entertainment seeing the other repubs try and bury her and it will be very satisfying to see Obama finish her off.

October 8, 2010 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  6. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I don't believe that she has any solutions that haven't been shown to fail already. I would suggest that she stick with her job as a talking head at Fox. I believe that she needs to read up on world history and current policy on many different subjects so that she might understand something. That is what we need people to be - well read and willing to learn!

October 8, 2010 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  7. Whatever

speaking for sane, reasonable American people, WE DONT WANT YOU. WE WANT YOU TO GO AWAY................................

October 8, 2010 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  8. Dennis1020

This woman's ego overcomes any good judgment she might have. The "25%ers" will urge her to run, she'll jump into the race, learn that 25% of the vote does not equate to a majority (something she would understand if she had any brains), then finally slink off to anonymity back in Wasilla. Run, Sarah, run.

October 8, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  9. 25 Days until Socialism dies in the United States

GO SARAH!! Continue to drive the lefties INSANE(R)!!!

We need to elect Sarah President so all these leftists will move to Canada, Europe or Cuba where they will feel much more at home and will stop foisting their disastrous ideas on this country. Now THAT is change I can believe in!!

October 8, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  10. T'SAH from Virginia

But can't she get in through her THICK SKULL – the American people DO NOT want you to be president – LQQK @ the POLLS (even though I truly don't believe in the polls but your numbers are WAY DOWN – so far DOWN, it's off the NO YOU Chart!!!!)

OMG – This PA'IN-n-theNECK is already in the news 24/7 – if she runs for P, it will be a NEVERENDING story!!! I truly believe PALIN knows she CANNOT win – she just LOVES to see her name in the NEWS!!!!

I'm not even going to worry about this now – it's too DAMN early CNN!! I know the RepubliCAN'T's blood is BOILING now and wish she would just GO AWAY!!!!!

This is T'SAH – the real one – and I approve this message!!

October 8, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  11. Irma in North Carolina

Oh God this surely cant be true. I am sure God will not let this happen to our country. He prevented it from happening last time. We must be the laughing stock of the world with how the republicans are bringing our country down. There wont be nothing left of this country with her getting in there.

October 8, 2010 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  12. MAhole

"I'll run for President if the American people want me to,"

If these three direct quotes from the article don't prove that she is TERMINALLY delusional, NOTHING will........

1. NO, we DON'T want you to run
    2. OK – so just WHAT are YOUR olutions to getting the economy back on track??? Hello??? I don't hear anything....... Speak up!!! What's that – oh – you have NO solutions??? I thought so............
    3. What sort of everyday challenges have you helped ME with lately??? Ask yourself that readers of this post – then decide if you want the quittah twittah from Wasillah to help with YOUR challenges. I didn't think so............

October 8, 2010 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  13. DIANA

Please Sarah run. We haven't had a good laugh since you ran as VP. Tina Fey better ask for more money. Also, please pick O'Donnell as your running mate. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

October 8, 2010 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  14. PalmReader

I rarely comment on a Palin article - generally, she isn't worth the time and bother. In this instance, though, I am compelled to state that there isn't ANYTHING on God's green earth that Palin could do to help me in my everyday challenges, let alone the with the challenges this country faces. Perhaps the only other living soul in America whose self-ego isn't as bloated as Palin is Paris Hilton. Having said that, go for it, Sarah! It will guarantee the demise of not only the TeaParty, but the GOP as a whole.

October 8, 2010 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  15. Pollwatcher

Please run Sarah. That will guarantee another Obama landslide victory.

October 8, 2010 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  16. Joshua Ludd

"if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges."

Translation: If it will help her make more money.

October 8, 2010 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  17. TM

There is NO WAY that there is not a single member of the Republican party more qualified that this vain, shallow, imbecile. I can not imagine a scenario where Romney, Gingrich, Hucabee, or even Boehner would simply stand aside and allow this ignorant fool the win their party's nomination in 2012.

October 8, 2010 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  18. Jason

Just what America needs, another quiter.

October 8, 2010 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  19. T'SAH from Virginia

corrections:

But can't you get it through your THICK SKULL Palin – the American people DO NOT want you to be president – LQQK @ the POLLS (even though I truly don't believe in the polls but your numbers are WAY DOWN – so far DOWN, it's off the NO WAY Chart!!!!)

OMG – This PA'IN-n-theNECK is already in the news 24/7 – if she runs for President, it will be a NEVERENDING story!!! I truly believe PALIN knows she CANNOT win – she just LOVES to see her name in the NEWS!!!!

I'm not even going to worry about this now – it's too DAMN early CNN!! I know the RepubliCAN'T's blood is BOILING now and wish this story will GO AWAY!!!!! And PALIN – you better WATCH OUT for O'Donnell – she may have the SAME IDEAS you have – and as QUIET as it's kept – SHE speaks much better than you through the media (that still does not make two WRONGS a RIGHT!!!)

This is T'SAH – the real one – and I approve this message!!

October 8, 2010 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  20. kakaraka

Give me a break. All republican tea baggers and radicals hypocrites think they can be president of the United States. No You Can't.

October 8, 2010 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  21. BJs65

Run Sarah Run! Obama 2012!!! All the way baby!!!

October 8, 2010 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  22. floridaguy29

really obama is set for 2012 if she is the nom

October 8, 2010 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  23. EDDIE

repblicans are idiot's plain and simple and palin leads the group.

October 8, 2010 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  24. Middle Roader

Good grief!!!!! President Palin????? Time to move to Europe, where people, at least, can think straight. God save the US if Palin gets in!!!!!

October 8, 2010 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  25. fishkitty

I'm not a Palin-hater........just do not think she's presidential material. If nothing else, I don't visualize her rallying the respect and cooperation of congress. She just doesn't have the background. Her experience in office consists of being the mayor of a small town and then quitting halfway through her first term as Alaskan governer.

If by some twisted miracle she were the GOP candidate, it would be a shoo-in for Obama. And THAT I do NOT want to see.

October 8, 2010 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |