October 8th, 2010

Palin on presidential run

(CNN) - There's further proof that former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is considering a presidential run in 2012.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Palin discussed her political ambition at a webcast taping for conservative magazine, Newsmax, on Wednesday.

"I'll run for President if the American people want me to," Palin told the live audience.

But this is not the first time Palin has addressed the issue.

"A reason to run (for president) is if nobody else were to step up with the solutions that are needed to get the economy back on the right track," Palin told Fox News in September.

And in an April interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show, Palin said she would "pursue" a presidential bid if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The new comments come as Palin gears up to campaign with RNC Chairman Michael Steele next week and after a so-far successful season of candidate endorsements for the midterm elections. A new CBS poll out Thursday found that 64 percent of those surveyed thought she would not make an effective president.

–CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby contributed to this report

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. kNemelka

I'm an independent and the LAST person I would vote for is Sarah Palin. Cant the republicans put up a viable candidate for Pete's sake? I voted for Obama but I'm willing to vote republican in 2012.

October 8, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  2. VB Lincoln Park NJ

As a proud progressive, as opposed to a regressive (GOBP) supporter, I hope she does run and win the nomination for the GOBP!

I would love to see an election with the incumbent carrying 50 states. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 8, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  3. Klaxon McFlinderginder

YES ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! GO SARAH ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! We need the comedy ! ! !

Let's have the Sarah Palin/Christine O'Donnell dream team ! Bring it on! Their campaign song can be "Witchy Woman"

October 8, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  4. katy Heys

The fact that she is even in the public eye is amazing to me. What has happened to us that someone as obviously unfit for office as Palin is even discussing running for President. We've lost our minds. It was one thing when McCain foisted her upon us, but the fact that she is still among us is unbelievable. What is going to happen to our country?

October 8, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  5. Former Republican, but never again!

Good God, could the GOP be that stupid to even consider nominating, let alone electing, this idiot? She is a stupid person!

October 8, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  6. RoyalBloke

Yes I'd move to Canada if she were elected president. God help the USA. Fortunately even 70% of republicans understand she's not qualified.

October 8, 2010 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  7. jaysea

I'm not even the LEAST bit worried she'll make it any where near the White House. Her rhetoric, in general, is below the Ameican standard for speaking in public. (ie. "gotcha's & u betcha's.") It would be in her best interest to stay in Alaska & take care of her family. She could work at the public library & read up on history & current events!

October 8, 2010 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  8. NancyRose

The American people overwhelmingly rejected her the first time she desperately tried to get into the White House. How much of a delusional narcissist is she that she isn't aware that even more people hate her now than did back in 2008? Mind boggling!!!

October 8, 2010 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  9. T'SAH from Virginia

OBAMA/HILLARY vs PALIN/MITTens..........LMAO
    OBAMA/HILLARY vs PALIN/O'DONNELL........LMAO even HARDER!!
    OBAMA/HILLARY vs PALIN/duhMINTYnotSoFRESHNESS.......ROTHLMAO!!!
    OBAMA/HILLARY vs PALIN/LIM-BAH-GER........................................ROTHLMAO and almost DYING!!!
    OBAMA/HILLARY vs PALIN/MILLER HIGH LIFE...........................................ROTHLMAO and just CROAKED!!!

SARAH – please RUN!!!!

October 8, 2010 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  10. Rick

Palin/O'Donnell in 2012. America needs more comic relief.

October 8, 2010 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  11. kw

@SN: Noooo ! We don't want her back in Alaska! And take Joe Miller while you're at it, too. He's even more of a nut-job than she is, and far more dangerous.

October 8, 2010 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  12. Fixer2010

25 Days until Socialism dies in the United States

GO SARAH!! Continue to drive the lefties INSANE(R)!!!

We need to elect Sarah President so all these leftists will move to Canada, Europe or Cuba where they will feel much more at home and will stop foisting their disastrous ideas on this country. Now THAT is change I can believe in!!
    -------------------------------------------------–
    Funniest thing I've read in a while. This society progresses through socialistic ideas. It has been going on forever. I hope you get your 100% Conservative society, where they remove all of the wonderful "socialist" programs you probably have benefitted from in your lifetime. This way, Capitalism can be seen for the monster it is – making the poor, poorer and the wealthy greedier.

October 8, 2010 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  13. mjtex

Is anyone really surprised?

October 8, 2010 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  14. Chuck Anaheim, Ca.

That would be the democrats dream !

October 8, 2010 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  15. Johnny

Yea, I'll sleep well at night knowing she's 3 feet away from "the nuclear football".

The DNC should invest heavily in this.

October 8, 2010 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  16. Stephen

There is a part of me that says please run. Then there is a part of me that is embarrassed and sad that someone like her has been elevated to a position where some people will actually vote for her. This is at a time when the country and the world knows that our education system leaves much to be desired.

I suspect that any presidential debates will be dumbed down to the point that Sean Hannity or the host of DWTS will be debate moderators.

October 8, 2010 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  17. Puff the Magic Dragon

Sarah Palin does need to run….run for the hills…..….

October 8, 2010 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  18. ONCE UPON A HORSE

personally I would LOVE to see Sarah Palin run in 2012. And for THIS reason...one thing Palin can NOT take is anyone being critical of her..it's NEVER her fault always the "evil left wing media". So what happens when she has to first run against other GOPers who also want to be president. The darling of the GOP is going to have to be torn apart by her own who have to tell you why she would not be a good nominee for president. I'm talking about folks like Newt, Mitt, and others and so far very few Republicans have said anything negative about Sarah Palin. Palin is a very good attack dog...as long as she can do it from FoxNews, Facebook, or Twitter. She seems not to like confrontation. She has a 75 approval rating amongst Republicans (I wonder who the other 25 with common sense are) BUT a mid 20's rating with the rest of the country. Come on Sarah I love to see you in 2012.

October 8, 2010 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  19. CA23

Regardless of political point of view. Regardless of this woman's level of intelligence or lack thereof.

She did NOT even finish out her term as Governor in order to write a book and do a TV show. She's a quitter. She left her responsibilities for fame & money. That is not the type of person I would want in charge of my country.

October 8, 2010 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  20. 25 Days until Socialism dies in the United States

Rose

She is not qulalified. Thats all. Who in the right mind would vote for her?

=========================================================

Obozo was not qualified. Who in their right mind voted for him?

October 8, 2010 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  21. puckpuppy

I can't imagine that she could get elected but IF she did, she'd quit 90days into the job because she couldn't handle it. Alaska's Village Idiot needs to stay at home and raise her kids.

October 8, 2010 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  22. Biilly

Really??? She has almost no experience and is a joke! While we may need a change in the office and while a woman might make a good choice, we need someone who can make a difference and has the know how to right this ship we call America. Get a hint Palin, you will just take votes away from others who will need them in the end.

October 8, 2010 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  23. russ from MD

T'SAH, I see you comments all over the ticker and I think I speak for a majority of Americans that your message is disapproved. May the conservative base take back what was once our great nation and pull the lazy liberal non-working freeloaders hands out of my pocket. I work for my own prosperity, not yours or your friends.

October 8, 2010 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  24. Lynne WA state

Did she not see that story on the ticker yesterday that said that only 1 in 4 American's think she is competent to be President??? To me that would be a strong sign that most American's do not want her to run.

October 8, 2010 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  25. Truthwillsetyoufree

It will be easier to make a list of all of the brainless people in the US once they start signing up for her. Then we can tie them all up in a bag and throw them in the Gulf with all that oil.

October 8, 2010 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |