October 8th, 2010

Palin on presidential run

(CNN) - There's further proof that former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is considering a presidential run in 2012.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Palin discussed her political ambition at a webcast taping for conservative magazine, Newsmax, on Wednesday.

"I'll run for President if the American people want me to," Palin told the live audience.

But this is not the first time Palin has addressed the issue.

"A reason to run (for president) is if nobody else were to step up with the solutions that are needed to get the economy back on the right track," Palin told Fox News in September.

And in an April interview with "100 Huntley Street," a daily Christian talk show, Palin said she would "pursue" a presidential bid if she decides it's the best way to help everyday people with their challenges.

The new comments come as Palin gears up to campaign with RNC Chairman Michael Steele next week and after a so-far successful season of candidate endorsements for the midterm elections. A new CBS poll out Thursday found that 64 percent of those surveyed thought she would not make an effective president.

–CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby contributed to this report

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Mark

This is laughable. LOL, how pathetic our elections are.

October 8, 2010 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  2. Kate

The slogan for Sarah's run in 2012 should be "Don't confuse me with the facts!"

October 8, 2010 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  3. NT

The article says ".. A new CBS poll out Thursday found that 64 percent of those surveyed thought she would make an effective president.". The article that is linked actually says "... 64 percent of those polled do not think she would be an effective president, with eight percent of Democrats and 39 percent of Republicans saying she would make a good president. Please correct, CNN.

October 8, 2010 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  4. Andy in KC

The poll says 64% of those polled think she would NOT make an effective president. The article leaves out that important 3 letter word. Does anybody even look at these stories before they go up?

October 8, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  5. TJ Parker

"A new CBS poll out Thursday found that 64 percent of those surveyed thought she would make an effective president."

Correction: the poll said that 64 percent thought she would NOT make an effective president.

October 8, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  6. Dot

She is delusional. She is so far from presidential material – the fact that she is contemplating it is scary for our country. She belongs in Hollywood where she can make believe that her opinions matter. Whenever she speaks it sounds like she is suffering from some sort of IQ deficiency. We have better options – she is a flash in the pan.

October 8, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  7. Billy C

Wait i stand corrected and CNN needs to make a correction. The survey says "64 percent of those surveyed thought she would not make an effective president.

October 8, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  8. IP

There is an error in this post. It says that 64 percent of those polled by CBS think Palin would make an effective president. If you actually look at the poll, it says that 64 percent say she would NOT make an effective president. Minor error I suppose.

October 8, 2010 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  9. Diva

No way!! that is all..................

October 8, 2010 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  10. Capitol Gain-Juneau,Alaska

Hey SN What makes you think us Alaskan's even WANT her in our great wild state? She ditched US,as our Govenor claiming it was for a greater cause. She already RAN for the white house, SHE LOST as VEEP remember??? She is an embaressment to us and she has brought a stigma even to the MOOSE's hides. MOST OF US HATE SARAH PALIN and pray she moves AWAY! As for the TEA Party just a bunch of radical Failin type people pretending they care for US too. Get real, Tea JOKE, has no power unless WE give it to them. Sheeshhh.

October 8, 2010 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  11. Jim in CT

I will not vote for her, but let's be realistic, she has as much or more experience than President Obama had before he ran.

October 8, 2010 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  12. Antonio

What could POSSIBLY qualify this person to be President of the US? My God, she couldn't even complete a full term as Governor of Alaska! The country will have indeed gone insame if she even gets close to the nomination. God help us all!

October 8, 2010 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  13. Matt

Translation: "I'll run for president if it will keep the checks coming in. I can always quit halfway through, like I did in Alaska."

October 8, 2010 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  14. John

SARAN PALIN if you run in 2012,it will be the biggest one side victory for the DEMOCRATS in history. Surely the REPUBLICAN PARTY isn't dumb enough to let you run. Saran why don't you pay attention to the poll,they said 70% of AMERICA people said you are UNQUALIFIED too run for PRESIDENT. I wouldn't vote for you if you were the only person running on any ticket. i think you are a quitter,you dumb as a box of rock and you thing you worry about is you and how much money you can get. I have been a REPUBLICAN all life,until JOHN McCAIN made you his Vice President. I wouldn't vote for the REPUBLICAN if you are on the ticket at all. Right now I"m a Independent voter.

October 8, 2010 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  15. Tech32

Run away! Please run Palin... I need some comedy, please oh please. This time she will know what magazines she reads. With her running for office it will prove to everyone why we need more money for education.

October 8, 2010 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  16. jeff, alabama

Holly molly, that woman reminds me
    of Beaver Cleaver's mom only HOT !!!
    Palin 2012 !!!!

October 8, 2010 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  17. Tanya

I'm willing to listen to any and all actual solutions. Does Palin or the Tea Party have them? I must say no. I haven't heard one concrete, practical idea from these quarters. I can't see how keeping the Bush tax cuts can help cut the deficit and jump start the economy. They haven't helped yet. All Palin offers is shallow platitudes and hollow talking points. I also do not like that her husband behaves like an attack dog or that the candidates she endorses are so far right on social issues. I can not take anyone seriously who believes Sharron Angle, Christine O' Donnell, or Joe Miller are fit to serve with what I see as extreme, often hateful, and completely unrealistic social views. Also, there is the quitting her position as governor in Alaska, which, frankly, was enough to convince me she is not the caliber of person I want as my leader.

October 8, 2010 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  18. Andagain

I wonder who is thinks is going to vote for her. I know alot of people, republican, democrat and independent, and not one of them likes her.

October 8, 2010 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  19. Shownee

I get so tired of politicians using the phrase "it's what the American people want". "We the People" are, right now, totally divided as to what we want. If the Republican Party wants to nominate her as their choice for president so be it. I think "We the People" will let our voices be heard and Sarah will hear us loud and clear right before she concedes victory to President Obama.

October 8, 2010 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  20. PW

according to the poll linked to by the article, 64% of those polled do NOT think she'd be an effective president. come on, CNN, get your facts in order!

October 8, 2010 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  21. OH YEAH?

Next thing we will hear from Palin is that God told her to run for president.

October 8, 2010 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  22. masse

This woman does not even think, no rational in her brain and she wants to be President? of who? her familly perhaps

October 8, 2010 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  23. Seneca

I hope Sarah does run and I hope the GOP throws all thier money at her campaign, because Obama will win by a landslide. It's only a matter of time before her special brand of cazy sinks her own ship.

October 8, 2010 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  24. Todd the Mod

Article wrong: 64% actually do NOT think she would be an effective president. Click the poll link and you'll get the right answer. Sounds like the way SHE would twist the numbers/truth.

October 8, 2010 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  25. biomata

I'm sorry. But I'm terrified of her running. I'm sure that if she did she'd make a fool of herself and ensure a Democrat victory, but if its one thing the Bush era taught us is that you can never underestimate how many stupid people there are in this country. I know its a slim chance that if she runs she's get elected but even a slim chance is too much for me. I don't want there to be any possibility whatsoever of her becoming the next president of the United States.

October 8, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |