October 10th, 2010

SNL makes its own Christine O'Donnell ad

(CNN) – Move over Sarah Palin. Saturday Night Live has found its new favorite political target.

The late night comedy show took aim at surprise Delaware Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell for a second time Saturday, spoofing her recent ad in which the Republican declares, “I am not a witch.”

“Hi, I am Christine O’Donnell and I am not a witch, I am nothing like you’ve heard,” SNL’s portrayal of O’Donnell – played by Kristen Wiig - says in the mock ad. “I am you, and just like you I have to constantly deny that I am not a witch.”

"Isn't that what the people of Delaware deserve?” SNL’s O’Donnell continues. "A candidate who promises first and foremost that she's not a witch? That's the kind of candidate Delaware hasn't had since 1692."

O'Donnell herself responded on Twitter to the skit Sunday, writing, “SNL skit was really funny... and I have to admit, her hair looked better than mine.”

Full script of the "ad": Video here.

Hi I am Christine O’Donnell and I am not a witch, I am nothing like you’ve heard. I am you, and just like you I have to constantly deny that I am a witch.

Isn't that what the people of Delaware deserve? A candidate who promises first and foremost that she's not a witch? That's the kind of candidate Delaware hasn't had since 1692.

And that’s why, if elected to the human Senate I promise to fly straight down to Washington – on a plane – and do exactly what you would do, not spells.

Besides, if I were a witch, why wouldn’t I just cast a spell making all of you forget that I am witch? It’s certainly not because the spell requires one newt per person, and I lack a sufficient number of newts.

I know the problems facing our nation, because I have been living among you, since I moved to Delaware from the black forests from Germany almost three thousand years ago.

So this November 2nd, vote for Christine O’Donnell, aka Sereda the Enchantress. Because I am not a witch. And if I am, do you really want to cross me, I didn’t think so.

Paid for the Coven to Elect Christine O’Donnell, who is not a witch.

Filed under: 2010 • Christine O'Donnell
  1. AFSOC 1st Sgt

With the media's obsession with O'Donnell I'd guess she is running for president, right? Or maybe it's leader of the whole world. Or maybe president for life of the known universe.

October 10, 2010 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  2. Paul from Kissimmee

I thought the skit was funny, and I'm a conservative. It'll be interesting to see how many libs take it seriously.

October 10, 2010 09:50 am at 9:50 am |
  3. German,IrishAmerican

What is it with Delaware, first they keep court jester Biden in office for over 30 years. Now the media is promoting a self-proclaimed bearded marxist and candidate who studied witchcraft in college, Coons, for Senate. Is Bill Maher the new norm as spokesman for the MSM?

October 10, 2010 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  4. GeorgeVT

i dunno, there's a media obsession with Pelosi, Reid, Bohner, etc... none of them are running for president either

October 10, 2010 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  5. AF Capt

Let me answer why the media is obsess with O'Donnell, Because we do not know if she is or is not a witch!!!

October 10, 2010 10:00 am at 10:00 am |
  6. Kevin Cantu

@Paul from kissamee....Yeah then why is it you conservatives take it so seriously about Obama not being born in this country??? Pot calling the kettle black Brah!!!

October 10, 2010 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  7. Tony T

Hey, looks like the Tea Party is "brewing up" some surprises this fall! Is Elizabeth Montgomery still living?

October 10, 2010 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  8. Anonymous

The skit was cute- the woman is scary.
    The Tea party backs every loud-mouyh with utra conservative spewings- whether the comment are right or wrong.
    Reminds me of a line from the movie Friday Night Lights- "they're spendnig too much time on learning and not enough on football"( may not be exact).
    Peopel are not looking at reality- they are listening to "fun facts" from these people Odonnell says her comment were made when she was young. Can she explain the human brain in a mouse- or is that something she learned from a cartoon? Angle is in Nevada making up places and passing them off as facts. Rad Paulfinally shut up so that we have a break from his wanting to take us back to caves.
    What is wrong with people? This isn;t frustration talkng- this is stupidity. This is how the KKK became such a strong organization in the 30's

October 10, 2010 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  9. Adam

Still wasn't as funny as "I can see Russia from my house"

October 10, 2010 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  10. John

Let face it Christine O'Donnell is UNQUALIFIED to be in the U.S.Senate. She had lie about her Education,she has no political back ground at all and she lie about knowing top secret about CHINA. And every thing i hear how or than prove she is a big nut case. If the State of Delaware his dumb enough to the Senate they are going too be the laughing STATES of AMERICA.

October 10, 2010 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  11. yolanda

Why not parody Blumenthal? All he did was lie about serving in Viet Nam.......

October 10, 2010 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  12. vic nashville tn

I wish 2012 ticket Palin / Christine

It will be more fun watch late night shows

October 10, 2010 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  13. Richard

Gee whiz. SNL is now attacking another conservative women.
    The whole culture from that city is one of arrogance.
    The whole country has had to bail out NYC with TARP AND we are still bailing out the NY banks with low Fed funds.
    Where can you educate people who can't evaluate risk and are corrupt? The East Coast is a great place to start>
    NYC is like a vacuum cleaner for capital sucking this country dry
    How about some SNL skits on their own foibles?
    Fat chance.

My

October 10, 2010 10:23 am at 10:23 am |
  14. jay

O'Donnell is no more a witch than Obama is a Muslim.

October 10, 2010 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  15. Bob Inalong

German.... DE is weird. They kept that clown Castle in one office or another since 1968. Carper's had about every job and been around forever too. Roth was a REAL clown (his nose) who was around forever. The head of the Alcohol and Tobacco Dept. just got busted for DUI. Heck, four years ago down in Sussex Co. they literally chased two Jewish families out of the community because the didn't believe in Jesus. I lived in DE most of my life and it is just plain weird.

October 10, 2010 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  16. Bill in MO

This was hysterical! Why the obsession some ask? Because we are all struggling to understand why these lunatics are getting votes at all, that's why! I don't care how angry anyone gets over the economy, voting for dumb idiots is not the answer and is absolutely irresponsible. It just goes to show how few real answers are out there. No party on their own will fix this mess. It will take a bi-partisan effort so come to the party, GOP and quit trying to make our country fail so can say, "we told you so." A bunch of whiney babies.

October 10, 2010 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  17. Indy

Kristen Wigg is one of the most talented actors on TV today and did a great job on this skit, it was pretty funny. Sarah Palin in by far the biggest liar in America and O'Donnell has a very long way to spew as many lies as Sarh Palin.Most people would burn up in spontaneous combustion from telling as many lies as Palin has told. It is a pretty easy question to ask your self if you really and truly think O' Donnell has what is required to be in the senate, and if you think she does then vote for her. My guess is that there are very few that think she has the right character and qualifacations for any high office position.

October 10, 2010 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  18. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert, but...

If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood.
    And therefore–?
    A witch!
    Have a nice day!

October 10, 2010 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  19. Enough Already

I love how the media is doing their best to demonize this woman. SNL stopped being funny in the 80s and it's now delved to an even lower level.

October 10, 2010 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  20. L

SNL does it again!

They have a wonderful knack for the craziness in each campaign. Their skewers of Palin, O'Donnell, Clinton, Obama, ... keep the show alive year after year.

I wish more shows engaged in topical humor instead of the pablum of most sit coms.

October 10, 2010 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  21. James Quinn

Why care? Well because despite the actions of oh say the current batch of Republicans in the current Senate being a Senator is "usually" and "traditionally" a serious task which should be given to serious and sane people. People who are dedicated to solving this countries problems not kissing up to the rich and the corporation. After all the rich and the mega corp are well equipped to take care of themselves what with like 90% or more of the entire nations wealth under their belts leaving the remaining 10% or even less for the rest of us to scratch and scrape for. I'm not concerned with the rich or the corporation. So we NEED smart, well informed and compassionate people in office... And NOT the stupid, ignorant, who will kiss up to those who do not need kissing especially in that area.. Oh YUCK!

Pagan jim

October 10, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  22. MR AMERICA

Wow I love the crybaby conservatives on here. Hey, this loon is fair game. She's made so many ridiculous statements that she deserves to be mocked. No one thinks she's a witch. Maybe some backwards conservatives do, but the rest of us smart folks know that she is not a witch. Her stupidity and support of bad policy are why we dislike her. The witch stuff is just icing! lol

October 10, 2010 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  23. Hugo

Typical DNC Solinsky tactic...attack and distract. If Angle references a wrong town in Texas does it matter as long as the message of Islamic fundamentalist law is being brought to our Nation and our Federal Government refuses to enforce our laws? If O'Donnell made some uneducated or idiotic comments when she was in her twenties, does it matter if she is on point with today's issues? Let's apply the same standard, what was our President Barry O doing in his twenties, wheeling and dealing? One more time for the forgetful dolts, Birther's were birthed by the DNC for Hillary Clinotn...Phil Berg, ever heard of him? Let's open up the student loan records....

Get educated and figure it out, when you do you will vote Republican and this time you will hold them accountable!

October 10, 2010 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  24. LouAz

Christy O'Donnel is trying to win the Delaware Senate election because she thinks that is how we elect Vice Presidents. She wants to be Sister Sarah Palin's running mate in the 2012 Presidential election. Then when Palin quits in two years (POTUS doesn't pay enough), Christy gets to be President of the United States ! See, it is all so simple to a simpleton.

October 10, 2010 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  25. Bryan

Let us focus on one thing she studied in college but ignore the fact that Obama went to a white hating church for over 20 years. Or, if they want to focus on one little part of someone's life, why not do a skit about Obama being a Muslim? Love how the media picks and chooses what they want to blow out of proportion.

October 10, 2010 10:43 am at 10:43 am |