October 11th, 2010

Big ad buy hits Reno voters

(CNN) – A new ad running in Reno, Nevada highlights voters who say the state's GOP Senate nominee, Sharron Angle, "speaks for me."

The Susan B. Anthony List, a pro-life women's group, and CitizenLink, a group affiliated with the conservative group Focus on the Family, are spending $200,000 to air the 30-second spot in the Reno and Las Vegas media markets.

"This campaign sheds light on how Nevadans see Sharron Angle – as someone who will speak for them instead of perpetuating Obama's extreme agenda as Harry Reid has done. What a great contrast: freshness and authenticity versus good old boy opportunism," SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser said in a statement.

A CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corporation poll released last week had Angle and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in a statistical dead heat. Ten percent don't approve of either candidate.

(Updated at 12:25 p.m.)

Filed under: 2010 • Nevada • Sharron Angle
  1. Cosmo

I feel truly sorry for anyone who can, with a clear conscience, that Sharron "I Don't Anwser Questions" Angle spreaks for them.

October 11, 2010 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  2. Can't We All Just Get Along?

So they want Angle's extremist viewpoints that will unravel American life as opposed to President Obama's moderate ones that are repairing and strengthening the American way of life? Well, then, Nevada, if you vote in a nutcase like Angle, you get what you vote for - fascism wrapped around a nutcase.

October 11, 2010 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  3. T'SAH from Virginia

The first impression I get when looking at that sign is a SPLIT!!!! Sharon Angle cannot even come together with her own self!!! And there is a lot of WASTED SPACE!! The WHITE on GREY letters are NOT CLEAR!!! Doesn't this say a lot about who Sharon Angle is???????????????

Dang – I just wrote yet another AD for the Democrats!!! DEMOCRAT VOTERS – see the VISION and get out there and VOTE on November 2, 2010 – we are truly UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

This is T'SAH from Virginia and I approve this message!!!

October 11, 2010 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  4. Marie MD

angle only speaks for those fools who want to the away with the Department of Education, the EPA, give massages to those in jail, if you don't like the outcome of an election take up arms, telling us that two cities in the US seem to be under Arab domination, runs away from the real press, her website tells you one thing today and when confronted she changes it.
    I am surprised because I would think a lot of retirees wouldn't want their social security and medicare/medicaid taken away but this woman is all for it.

October 11, 2010 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  5. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

More special interest money trying to buy a manchurian candidate. I'm not a Nevadan, but from polls that have come out recently, Nevadans are having buyer's remorse about nominating Sharon Angle. According to Sharon Angle, she has those good old boys in her pocket. She does not represent change!

October 11, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  6. LacrosseMom(real one)

There was an interesting article about an ad also FOR Sharron Angle that cost $400,000. The ad has a baby talking about how "Obama is going to cut Medicare for his grandpa..... " The ad is a LIE. But there it was in Nevada! A New York Times journalist, decided to see who was behind the ad. Long story short, after digging around the ad was funded by a couple of wealthy insurance guys in Tampa Florida!

WAKE UP NEVADA, GOP-TEAS ARE LYING TO YOU!

October 11, 2010 11:25 am at 11:25 am |
  7. Ellie Light

Yep vote for any one but Horrible Harry ( My son doesnt want to use his own name ) Reid

Keep drinking the OBumbles kool-aid while him and Michelle "Marie Antoinett" OBumbles spends our kids & grand kids money.. yep vote for Horrible Harry and you can keep on eating that cake – and follow that Pelosi / Harry agenda .. Wait it's T-time time for Obumbles to hit the old golf course while we flounder in the unemployment line.. – Ashamed to be a Democrat right now my hero JFK has to be rolling in his grave...

October 11, 2010 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  8. Christy

Please just because Reid has been in politcs for a long period of time. Does not mean he will not serve you! Education!!!! Move forward not behind!!!!

October 11, 2010 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  9. Ram

As far as I'm concern NO ONE SHOULD TELL ANYONE WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR BODIES!!!!!!! I believe in PRO CHOICE. you take this away from women, then we lost our RIGHTS.!!! If you want to give birth to a child from a rapist or incest then you do it, but don't tell me I HAVE TO HAVE THIS CHILD!!!. If the kid is not wanted, first of all it causes pain for the kid as it gets older, then two who knows (if raped) its genes.... And we will support this child until 18 years of age. Adopt sure, With all the red tape you have to go through.. If you believe in GOD then it's YOU that has to deal with it. Not me... I will deal with it my way, So if I choose to have an abortion thats up to me. NOT YOU!!!!!!..So Sharon Angle I wouldn't vote for you if you were the last woman on earth....

October 11, 2010 11:49 am at 11:49 am |