October 11th, 2010
  1. Shannon

Where are they finding these people, their commercial are as follows, I am not a witch, I am not a Nazi, I'm not a bigoted homophobic slime ball. Seriously, Republicans should hang their heads in shame. I can see why Glen Beck wanted you all to search for your honor.

October 11, 2010 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  2. CF:

Gee CNN you could at least try researching historical reenactments before plastering the guy as a Nazi all over the news. Most of these reenactments are sponsored by the federal government to help people learn about history.

October 11, 2010 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  3. cds

This is the dumbest inquiry I've ever read on CNN. I played Rolfe in the Sound of Music when I was 17. Does that make me a Nazi, or suggest I have a Nazi hobby? Ralph Fiennes won an oscar for playing a Nazi in Schindler's list. How can this interview be considered journalism instead of muckraking? Makes me embarrassed to be a democrat.

October 11, 2010 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  4. Tom-Vermillion Ohio

Does he have any photos of himself 're-inacting' the Cival War and World War I? Did he get 'killed' in the World War II re-inactment? Or was his role that of the victor? He seemed to be evading answers to questions.

October 11, 2010 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  5. LacrosseMom(real one)

I do not need to see a video to know this image is offensive to me! ANYONE who would vote for ANYONE posing with Neo-Nazis is not worthy of holding any kind of office in the United States of America!

Folks, those of us who are sane need to speak to our parents and grandparents and set the record straight about the Democrats. We've got to tell the Seniors in our lives about the GOP-TeaPartiers desire to: Privatize Social Security, question the Constitutionality of Medicare, etc. Seniors are easily swayed by the fear tactics of the GOP-TeaParty! Please let them know the truth.

In NOvember this Independent voter will be voting for the Democrats!

October 11, 2010 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  6. T'SAH from Virginia

Throw the NAZI overboard!!! The far-right called President Obama a NAZI and he NEVER wore the clothes!!! Watch how the RepubliCAN'Ts spin and twist this one!! RICH LOST!!!

This is T'SAH from Virginia and I approve this message

October 11, 2010 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  7. Mike

Rick Iott – you are an idiot who should be removed from office.

October 11, 2010 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  8. Blakstarn

Wow.... I should have known that the real reason he and his son dressed up as Nazis was to educate and learn. This is a sign of "true" leadership in the party

October 11, 2010 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  9. Marshall Burson

Note to self: If approached by a photographer while wearing a Waffen SS uniform, (a) decline photo; or (b) look properly solemn rather than beaming like a proud Aryan father. The secrecy around these re-enactments only makes the education "explanation" reek of the most cynical spin. Why do I think that his Confederate re-enactments were just as juicy?

October 11, 2010 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  10. Rabbi Daniel

Bs"D

I cannot believe that the Left is running this story the way it is. This man is taking part in historical reeanactments which take place all over the country and the world as educational tools. A family friend of man has been doing Civil War re-enactments for years and am sure that he has been on the Confederate side before. Am I to believe he is a racist and wants to enslaves blacks?!?! This is a totally insane ploy by the left and CNN to embarass the man, who is taking part in something that everyone knows is entirely benign. As a Jew, I am deeply insulted the CNN, a clearly anti-Israel and anti-semitic network, would now try and use Holocaust guilt against a person who has absolutely no ties to Nazism because of his involvement in re-enactments. CNN has truly crossed a huge PC line here and I am so disturbed that they might actually have people believe that this gentleman is involved in Nazism because of the pictures and articles CNN and other leftist networks have published. Truly shame on anyone who was involved in this!

October 11, 2010 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  11. Nitty

Can you imagine if President Obama was photographed in such a costume! The right would be screaming to the high heavens!

October 11, 2010 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  12. Joe from CT, not Lieberman

If this were the 50s he would be a Bircher and no one would pay any attention. If he was a Southern Democrat he would probably be in the Klan. Will the rest of the Republican Party please take note of these clueless wingnuts who have appeared to take over, starting with Caribou Barbie? Thank you – the rest of the country appreciates your showing your true colors, and they sure ain't black, brown, yellow or red!

October 11, 2010 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  13. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

I'm thinking that most of these Tea Party candidates are stealth Democrats... Why else would so many of them be setting themselves on fire like this?

October 11, 2010 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  14. Kurt Hibbert

CNN: Your reporter is a dork. "Don't you think we maybe should not watch World War two movies, or even produce them for fear of being tagged a Nazi?" That is about as intellegent a point as your reporter and this story makes. Dress up as one, you must be one. . .. Happy Halloween! What is happening at CNN? The political dogs seem to be eating you alive as well.

October 11, 2010 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  15. Reality Check

This stroy shows how out of touch the "mainstream" media can be-ever heard of cosplay? LARP? the Society for Creatice Anachronism? San Diego Comic-Con? Halloween?

October 11, 2010 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |