October 12th, 2010

Clooney meets with Obama

(CNN) - Actor George Clooney paid a visit to the White House on Tuesday to meet with President Barack Obama and discuss his recent trip to southern Sudan.

Joining Clooney in the Oval Office meeting was Enough Project Co-Founder John Prendergast, who joined him outside of the West Wing after the meeting to talk to press.

Clooney said, "I think we're very impressed with how involved, at the highest level, this administration is and now our job is to try and continue to keep it in the press and keep it, to keep the light turned on for the next 90 days while we try and broker a peace deal, which is what they're working on right now."

The actor was heading to Capitol Hill to meet with Republican Indiana Sen. Dick Lugar, the ranking Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Paul Bongiorno

I'm by no means an elitist, but WHY do actors with little/no education or education NOWERE near political diplomacy feel the need to butt in said politics?

Clooney, do what you do best. Insipid performances in movies catering to middle aged housewives and Oprah Winfrey-type masses. The man's so out-of-touch in his day-to-day priviliged life to comprehend the situation in North Africa. Let alone his own city(ies) he resides when not in Milan, San Tropez etc.,

Wait, perhaps Clooney is involved for he wants to build another grotesque mansion or ride a myriad of his vehicles, motorcycles across a peaceful North Africa? What a putz.

Leave adult discussions, resolve to those whose job is precisely in dealing/attempting to deal with these situations.

Reminds me of a situation a few years back when India had some employees being held hostage in Iraq and India's actor, 'Big B' asked the Prime Minister of India if he can speak with the kidnappers..!?

Besides, I'm sure Clooney and his ilk have some awards show to pat themselves on the back for in the near future. The Emmys, Academy, People's Choice, Golden Globes etc.,

October 13, 2010 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  2. Jimbo

Who cares what some ignorant Hollywood actor has to say about anything. These people need to start concentrating on their area of concern which is making sure that I don’t waste my money when I go to their lousy movies.

October 13, 2010 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  3. JOhn

So if you have fame and money you can slip into the Oval Office and pitch your gig?

October 13, 2010 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  4. Ghost

Give me a break! George Clooney, you are an actor and that's all!!!
    Why do these liberal Hollyweird pukes think they are some kind of authority on everything...including politics? Hell, most of those clowns either barely passed or didnt even finish high school! I knew a guy who was a stagehand and did work on several Hollywood films and as he put it most actors and actresses are some of the biggest scum bags and low lifes in the entire world, yet people regard them in an almost God-like fashion!
    Obama's popularity is sinking fast and there is nothing George Clooney or any other Hollyweird nut can do to shore it up!

October 13, 2010 08:17 am at 8:17 am |
  5. Johnny

So, since Mr. Clooney has loads of money and clout, he gets to visit the president as if her were an adviser to the president? What gives? I guess I need to get rich too so I can hang out with the rich. Birds of a feather flock together I guess....

October 13, 2010 08:17 am at 8:17 am |
  6. Curt

I love it when actors like Clooney, Penn, and Robbins believe they are self-appointed politicians gracing Washington with their opinions. Everyday, this country is inching closer and closer towards the plot line of the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy".

October 13, 2010 08:24 am at 8:24 am |
  7. John Galt

I'm not sure which is a more shining example of the Peter Principle... Presentresident Obama or George Clooney. They're about even I think take your pick.

October 13, 2010 08:26 am at 8:26 am |