October 13th, 2010

Analysis: Coons’ opinion obvious

8:57 p.m. - Coons can can barely contain his disdain for his opponent.

Filed under: Debate Analysis • Delaware
  1. dumbass

I am not sure what debate you are watching, but seems to me ms O'Donnell could not stop her self from acting like a mama grizzly. Coons could not care less what that tinker toy was spitting out. And by the way equating Marxism with raising taxes is one stupid idea that smacks of Birch society bull crap – so I if was Chris Coons I would ask ms.O'Donnell would to go back to college and learn that Marxism is about ownership of means of production by the workers. Under Marxism there are no taxes at all because no one earns a "real" wage. Government sets wages and prices and on and on. But she is too arrogant to learn some basic economic theories. Disdain my ass – she deserves a tongue lashing and some real education.

October 13, 2010 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  2. FF18Gad

Good! Then it would appear that he's in line with the majority of the nation.

October 13, 2010 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  3. Clwyd

Can I say that I share the distaste and more like hate of this idiot that knows nothing bout taking care of her own financial affairs and yet wants to go to Washington to deal with our money!

October 13, 2010 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  4. Randy

I wouldn't say Coons holds "disdain" for O'Donnell. I think it was clear he didn't care for her prepared sound bites that took questions off topic. She was clearly prepared to use several attack statements rather than debate the questions and issues of the evening.

October 13, 2010 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  5. mch

To be fair, she couldn't contain it, period.

October 13, 2010 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  6. Karen

I can barely contain my distain for Gloria Borgia and Wolfe Blitzer. They deserve to be on the lowest ratest channel on Cable.

coons hates women. Disdains women.

October 13, 2010 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  7. Seein in bias

Coons opinion obvious? He can barely carry on a conversation. O'Donnell easily won this debate.

October 13, 2010 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  8. harrybaby

If I was Coons, I would be carefull of looking too disdainfull. So far, this young lady is kicking his butt.
    She is giving him quite a fright. Honestly, I didn't think she had a hope. Clearly, I was mistaken. The face to be watching, is Wolf Blitzer, and his surprise (scowl?) at her quick answers. She seems to have silenced him as well. I don't think this is what any of the CNN panel had in mind when this started.

October 13, 2010 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  9. Mike

It's like He's debating a 10 year old school girl.

October 13, 2010 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  10. ED Fl

The part time witch has earned every scorn that she recieves. The idiotic positions she has stated or followed over the years are hers and they deserve the scorn she has received. Why should she get a pass because she was only 20, all her lies on her education happened while she is in the forties.Everyone would like a pass on matters they did when younger. Running for political office brings those stupid things. out ,Live with it.

October 13, 2010 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  11. grhodesreed

Coon's could hardly hide his disdain because it is hard to debate soundbits that are not based in reality. O'Donnell seems so hungry for power that she will do or say anything. Why not run for the City Council? Or, a county seat? She's just not ready for the Senate. She looked uncomfortable throughout the debate. Frankly, it was difficult to watch. Difficult to think that this was supposed to be a serious debate. It is sad that so many people feel she is a viable candidate.

October 13, 2010 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  12. Seein in bias

Coons can barely carry on a conversation. How many times did he say, "There's SO much to respond to." ?
    He used up all his time complaining about HOW IN THE WORLD CAN I RESPOND?

October 13, 2010 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  13. Daniel

His disdain is thoroughly understandable. Shame on the teabaggers and the Republican primary voters for foisting this ignorant person on the electorate.

October 13, 2010 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  14. George of the jungle

Im sure it is hard to do when you are dealing with a nut.

October 13, 2010 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  15. Seein in bias

Gloria Borger's analysis is incorrect, and so is her grammar.
    "Coons CAN CAN barely contain his disdain for his opponent."

October 13, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  16. runner305

Honestly...can you blame him?

October 13, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  17. Sandy Honess

I am a Delaware resident. I wish someone could have pinned Chris Coons down and pushed for a YES or NO answer to the question: Did you or didn't you raise property taxes 25% in the last year? He dodged that bullet!!

Chris Coons also praised the SBA/guarantee loans, etc...for new businesses! I'd like to know what DE businesses he may be aware of who have benefited by this type of loan to date, or even local lenders loaning to small business entrepreneurs. We can attest as a new entrepreneurial startup (1/2010 -veteran & female owned, local family business) that type of a loan was not available for our continuing business. We were denied this type of loan. The SBA guarantee/loan (w/local banks) are not ameanable to new business startups unless you pledge "your first born" to the banks. Banks are still not lending to Entrepreneurs unless theycan show a 2 year profit/loss that meets their stringent standards, excessive collateral and cash flow projections that meet their standards. This is our reality and other small business owners we have spoken with. Credit is still very limited and banks are still not loaning to the small business person. We believe Christine O'Donnell to be more in touch with someone small like us putting our heart, our finances, our everything into our business, because we still believe in the American dream! She has our vote and many, many folks in Sussex County. Owners, Frank & Sandy Honess (Ladybug Pest Management, Inc.)

October 13, 2010 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  18. Snow

Thats funny, liberals cannot answer the question "how do you create jobs".

October 13, 2010 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  19. PhilipJames

I see the left wingers and the lame stream media (is that in the dictionary yet because it is a real wording of a real life situation) are pushing this Supreme Court question as a negative for O'Donnell. I can't see why.
    Come on... that question was so stupid that I laughed when that liberal dolt moderator asked the question... O'Donnell was right, "be specific"... and it was obvious it was a liberal set up question for Coons... disagree? well, then you tell me what recent Supreme Court decision you disagree with if you are a conservative? not a liberal, because Obama and the liberal wackos are up in arms over the corporate political funding case... come on, name another recent one... what, you can't? you know why? Because there aren't any. It was only asked so the liberal, Coons, could spout off about the corporate funding issue. Even the woman (liberal dolt idiot) who asked the question didn't have one in mind. What a bull crap question. Typical liberal moderator panel. How about having a couple of moderators who really are neutral. Not that dolt Blitzer who had a favourable opinion of Coons on air at CNN just before the debate came on. This was a bull crap debate and I am happily surprised that O'Donnell did so well when it was 3 against 1.

October 13, 2010 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  20. ronald

Please lady take your toys and go home please now, today, this second don't wait just go.

October 13, 2010 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  21. Anonymous

I see the liberal media is pushing the Supreme Court question as a problem for O'Donnell. What a joke.
    (By the way, is the expression "lame stream media" in the books yet since it actually exists)

October 13, 2010 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  22. one voice

Coons is right, This women has NO CLUE and needs to stay FAR FAR AWAY from Washington, PERIOD

October 13, 2010 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  23. Jack

Democrats like Coons are a disgrace to our founding fathers and are pushing us toward athiestic socialism. We need to bring back American conservative family values or this country will fall like the Roman Empire did from its pagan practices.

October 13, 2010 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  24. barry

Well he should be President then. He acts just like Obama. Did he blame Bush for anything? If he did run him in 2016.

October 13, 2010 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  25. Yanni

I was really surprised and amused by the contrast between the two candidates. It would be unbelievable for one to imagine and understand that for Ms. O'Donnell to come this far to debate her opponent for US senate seat. To me it was like a third grader debating a college professor in an objective matter. I believe this is a real contrast between the T-party candidate and a person that actually think and conceived a plan and idea with given intellectual capacity to lead and serve this nation for brighter future.

October 13, 2010 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |