October 13th, 2010

Analysis: Coons’ opinion obvious

8:57 p.m. - Coons can can barely contain his disdain for his opponent.

Filed under: Debate Analysis • Delaware
  1. Socrates

Neither can I. WAY TO GO, CHRIS!

October 14, 2010 12:18 am at 12:18 am |
  2. smtwnguy

Hey Gloria,I don`t live in Delaware and I not running against her,and I disdain her too! Could it be there just something about her that turns people off ? Like ,maybe ,what comes out of her mouth,you know,stupid stuff !

October 14, 2010 12:53 am at 12:53 am |
  3. garrettgirls

I thought she did well. I agree with Gloria; he came across as mean. He lacked all good humor. Although the media elite believe the creation theory ended with the Dark Ages, the majority of Americans believe that God created the world and have not accepted their evolution theory of our origins. The two candidates came across as what they were. One, the rich self rightous condescending Democrat (who had the perfect view of religion according to him) and the alternative, the attractive, articulate hard working middle class common sense Republican woman (who has worked through hard times). Wolf Blitzer and his cohort seemed more like they were trying to attack O'Donnel and make headlines than have a real debate. No reprimand of Coons after his many offensive comments. If Delaware elects him, they will have the most obnoxious member in Congress.

October 14, 2010 01:37 am at 1:37 am |
  4. Rosey

I thought he held his composure pretty good considering she was all over the place with her answers and she started frustrating me. I'm glad he made remarks about his rebuttle and not knowing where to start. It was true.

October 14, 2010 02:09 am at 2:09 am |
  5. jules sand-perkins

Coons's opponent makes no attempt to hide her arrogant disdain for social groups that she considers unworthy of her consideration, so she has no right to expect respect from those who have to be in her presence.

October 14, 2010 03:53 am at 3:53 am |
  6. Vote Democrats or bend over for the Tea Party!

O'Donell is a living and walking slogan with a joke on it. We have huge big problems to tackle and no time for on the job trainning. Go away O'Donell!

October 14, 2010 04:10 am at 4:10 am |
  7. EBGrove

As I watched the rescue yesterday I was in awe of how a country could come together, share a sense of pride, spirituality, and a president who genuinely seemed supportive without negativity or placing blame. Instead of putting himself in the middle. It made me sad, for whatever reason, we can not be proud to be Americans, say anything positive about God or religion without being blasted. And our President would not have carried himself with the same grace and humility.

October 14, 2010 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  8. informed voter

It is difficult to not have disdain for someone who is so supremely unqualified to hold public office, as are most of these Tea Party candidates.

October 14, 2010 08:14 am at 8:14 am |