October 13th, 2010

Behind the scenes at the Delaware debate

Set-up for the Delaware Senate debate has begun. Wolf Blitzer will moderate the debate between Republican Christine O'Donnell and Democrat Chris Coons tonight. Tune in to CNN at 7:30 p.m. ET to watch.

Filed under: 2010 • CNN Debate • Delaware
  1. Joe from CT, not Lieberman

So, will she have her notes written on her palm, like her heroine – Caribou Barbie? Or will she try to wing it and drive her campaign manager nuts? Hey, Wing...Nuts! I made a funny!

October 13, 2010 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  2. 21 Days until Socialism dies in the United States

So will Coons answer on why Delaware should vote for a bearded Marxist to represent them in Congress? Does he support Cap and Trade, Obozocare, Card Check, redistribution of wealth, trillion dollar deficit spending, increasing the national debt without control, ...

I do hope they actually get around to ISSUES!!!

October 13, 2010 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  3. katiec

Well, I consider Wolf's behind the scenes comments noteworthy, but, as usual, the moderators are censoring big time.

October 13, 2010 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  4. Fair is Fair

"Hey, Wing...Nuts! I made a funny!"

Don't give up your day job... if you have one.

October 13, 2010 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  5. carlos

21 Days until Socialism dies in the United States..........still wagging your tail???????.........paraphrasing your blogger name, you will not be missed either

By the way, if you were insulted all throughout your life, STOP IT, the President of the United States of America should be addressed with respect.

And then, you say something about issues...........the delaware woman does not have any issues other than NOTHING

October 13, 2010 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  6. Another DEM down and out...!

CHRISTINE will beat coons hands down.....................!

October 13, 2010 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  7. barry

This should probably be on Pay Per View or at least America's funniest Videos. Both Candidates are weak. Coon will pull it out but I don't think the people of Delaware gain much either way.

October 13, 2010 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  8. WILLARD BULLOCK

I m well k now that democratic have problems too much
    I said no thank vote for presdient obama

October 13, 2010 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  9. Laverne

I know this will be entertaining and without substance. I am sure she has been prepped for this, but anybody in their right mind will be able to tell right away if she is truly knowledgable of the topics or if she is programmed the way Sarah Palin was. I plan to tune in just to see why Delarwarians would vote for her in or out!

October 13, 2010 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  10. Not All Docs Play Golf

I expect Chrintine O'Donnell to clearly articulate the Tea Party platform...."We stand for mice with human brains employing witchcraft to irradicate unholy masturbation." Yee-Hah ! All of that probably falls on receptive ears of those idiots who think health care reform is "socialism."

October 13, 2010 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  11. stufthis

Coons wrote a tongue in cheek article while in college, so quit the Marxist crap. Right wingnuts are quick to point out that O'Donnell should be forgiven for her stupidity because what she did happened in the 19990's. Maybe we should forgive college students for some of the things they do. Hell, I was still a republican when I was in college, and I apologize for that.

October 13, 2010 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  12. Jonny

Can someone, from CNN or otherwise, explain why a debate for a statewide race (might I mention a state of under 900,000 people) is being broadcast on a national news network, in primetime, moderated by Wolf Blitzer?

Aren't debates supposed to be for the benefit of those voters who deserve to see the candidates on their ballot clarify their positions on various issues? Or are they now meant to advance a tacit Liberal agenda by elevating to further national visibility a candidate who, if she can use magic, hasn't been able to cast any spells to prevent public idiocy?

I'm a Republican. I don't like what elements of the Tea Party have done to our party's image or identity. And I don't appreciate CNN sticking its left hand in to twist the knife a little bit more.

Thanks,
    Jonny

October 13, 2010 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  13. greig

you didnt fined any women with some brain in her head,? beside this idiot, dont give up, you might be lucky, there should be atleast one in delaware

October 13, 2010 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |