October 13th, 2010

Delaware debate live blog: Update #12

Asked if she could name a recent supreme court case she disagreed with, O'Donnell said "can you give me a specific one?"

She said she couldn't think of any "off the top of my head," but said decisions she disagreed with would be posted on her website.

Coons said he disagreed with the citizens united decision that both candidates had discussed earlier in the debate.

Watch the debate live at and follow our live blog here.

Filed under: 2010 • Delaware
  1. 8 Years of "Trickle Down" economics has only left a dribbling wet spot on working Americans's shoes!

Coons for President 2016!

October 13, 2010 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  2. KJP

Wow... can that female CNN moderator get any more hostile toward O'Donnell?! Lady, your bigotry is showing!

October 13, 2010 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  3. Angela Dunmore

Shades of Sarah Palin! If I don't know what I am talking about, say something vague or that I will answer it later. She doesn't know...someone has to find her some answers and post them on her website for her. Can she do that when in the Senate? Tina Fey has a new career path...as Christine O'Donnell!

October 13, 2010 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  4. D.O.A.

*buries head in sand* Like OMG! Democrats just HAD to be behind this one!
    They did a great job pretending they were scared of her enough to attack her.
    They could have just turned the mic on and she would have swung the cord around her neck!

October 13, 2010 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  5. laslo

Who was the idiot at CNN that decided to break away from the debate to cover the 24th hour of the mine rescue? I just wasted an hour and can watch it all over again at 11PM. You have got to be kidding.

October 13, 2010 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  6. Dan Stone

Ms. O'Donnell is very much like Sarah Palin in many ways. She apparently cannot remember any ground-breaking cases, such as Snyder vs. Phelps and the Miranda decision. She has to put it on the web so her staff can review and advise. As a former native Delawarian, I feel sorry for the state, to have lost such a politician as Mike Cassel in the primaries.

October 13, 2010 08:59 pm at 8:59 pm |
  7. Fred

This debate shows how much stronger a candidate Chris is then Christine he had a proven track record the republicans can't distort go Chris.

October 13, 2010 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |
  8. mtrought

Christine all I can say is that you are a real pretty girl. Full Stop. Your handlers musty be cringing if they have any sense.

October 13, 2010 09:02 pm at 9:02 pm |
  9. Mike II

OMG, is anyone surprised? IT WASN'T IN THE TALKING POINTS!!! Don't blame her.

October 13, 2010 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  10. For Real Delaware....O'Donnell

A Sarah Palin moment....when you run for a high office please know something!!! How do you ask the moderator to give you some example of supreme court decisions of late you don't agree with...and she say's can you tell me some...hahaha. That brought me back to the 2008 campaign when whats her face palin was being interviewed by that big mean old katie when ask about supreme court decisions...and she said let me get back with you. HELLO!! Its an interview my goodness both of these women are clueless to their own mental limitations. God help us...they are a joke!! But they are funny...but so scary!

October 13, 2010 09:13 pm at 9:13 pm |
  11. Susan Tarvin

It was stunning that she didn't know any Supreme Court cases for discussion. Just like Sara Palin. Every one of Coon's responses was very well presented. No contest. I appreciated that he had opportunities to jam her for her personal fiscal mismanagement, but rose above it, and elected to say nothing. Gentleman!

October 13, 2010 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  12. tony

She is just like Sarah Palin...In beliefs like she might even see RUSSIA FROM HER HOUSE...HEHEE...What a weirdo

October 13, 2010 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  13. Mike S.

She couldn't define a basketball court, let alone the Supreme Court. But right wing whack job Republicans love that kind of answer. "It's okay to be dumb and hateful, just vote for Karl Rove." Fox News will report "O'Donnell Slays Liberal Democrat Opponent Based On Fox News Facts, Fair and Balanced. Neil Young Album Sales Down: Lee Greenwood Sales Up."

October 13, 2010 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  14. David Dubin

My goodness. One of the biggest decisions the Court made was about the corporate spending limits, another was about the Miranda rights, and another big one was about the honest-services charges. She really pulled a Sarah Palin on that one. I guess that she will get her staff to research and report on her website for her. Good luck Delaware.

October 13, 2010 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  15. leo PA

this lady should not be runing

October 13, 2010 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |
  16. Wood Skoglund

I absolutey don't believe this media nonsense. I reside in California, I'm now viewing CNN and I'm watching a nationally televised Delaware senatorial debate. Why?? Because it's Christine O'Donnell, Nothing of real national significance,just a female personality superficially hyped by the media.If there's no real news to report, then create the news!! Last night, there was a debate between Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman for the governorship of the state of California, the 7th largest economy in the world. It was televised locally, but no national coverage, certainly none by CNN.I guess Meg and Jerry don't have the sex appeal of Christine and don't take definitive stances on such major issues as masturbation and witchcraft!!

October 14, 2010 01:52 am at 1:52 am |