October 13th, 2010

Delaware debate live blog: Update #5

O'Donnell on comments she made about witchcraft in the past: This election cycle should not be about comments I made on a comedy show a decade and a half ago.

Watch the debate live at and follow our live blog here.

Filed under: 2010 • Delaware
  1. Shawn

What I believe is irrelevant....Why is it irrelevant? – Because you won't be elected that's why.

October 13, 2010 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  2. 8 Years of "Trickle Down" economics has only left a dribbling wet spot on working Americans's shoes!

Coons is quick on his feet. Disoriented O'Donnell cannot even find hers.

More Fox talking points, she is so boring blah, blah, blah.

October 13, 2010 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  3. Randy Smith

But it's okay for her to bring up and judge him on his college past? Typical.

October 13, 2010 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  4. tusan

Why is CNN having more closeups of O'donnel than of Coon when they speak....Is CNN favoring O"donnell???? WTF is going on here!!!!!

October 13, 2010 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  5. Anne

But what about the recent Saturday Night Life skit? Hmmm Just wondering?

October 13, 2010 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  6. American abroad

hmmm...did O'donnell say the USA was at war with Russia in the 80's?

October 13, 2010 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  7. FS

The debate woman coordinator is clearly a Democrat and never lets O'Donnell respond but always let Coons and goes back to him for a response.

October 13, 2010 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  8. w7rkd

I still think she is a witch and will put a spell on her opponent, lol!

October 13, 2010 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  9. Pat

I cannot believe that this unqualified woman is on the air with a useless debate while miners from Chile are almost all up above ground and CNN decides to run her instead of the last miners coming up.. very poor decision... she is not worth it.. she has been given way too much camera time anyway... very disappointed.. obviously, political pressure applies to CNN too

October 13, 2010 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  10. Ka

Wolf displays an obvious preference toward the witch. I think an arrangement was made.

October 13, 2010 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  11. Amanda

It is astonishing to me that after following the story of these trapped miners for 2 months, we're down to the critical point of getting the last men out and you stop coverage for this ridiculous debate over a woman whose not even qualified to run a McDonald's, let alone our country! Ridiculous. CNN I am an avid watcher but I must say this may make me switch who I receive my daily news from.

October 13, 2010 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  12. Tommy Risher

Chris Coons is a shown political bigot who lies to himself and to the citizens of the US and his constituents. He is the poster child for same old same old politics in Washington right now. He reminds me of a used car salesman trying to sell you a lemon. Lets have more government and more taxes Mr Coons. All he and he campaign wants to do is personally attack Christine O'Donnell. He is in President Obama hip pocket and if that is what people want then so be it. Chris Coons wants to use smoke and mirrors to show what he will do and it appears oblivious the moderators are Pro Coons. I would not vote for Coons for dog catcher and you want to put this hack in Congress.

October 13, 2010 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  13. Mike II

But don't let that stop her from making comments about marxist bs that is not what she makes it out to be. I did read his article, can she or her defenders actually make that statement? If you can then you can't say he's a marxist based on it. That is just the fact.

October 13, 2010 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |