October 13th, 2010

Delaware debate live blog: Update #6

Coons on his "bearded Marxist" article: "I am not now, nor have I ever been anything other than a clean-shaven capitalist."

Watch the debate live at and follow our live blog here.

Filed under: 2010 • Delaware
  1. Su J Bai

YOU GO GIRL!!!

If being a witch means that you rise above the rhetoric of the Left and the mockery of one's intelligence and sanity of mind to beat your opponent in every single argument, THEN I WANT TO JOIN Ms. O'Donnell's covenent- SIGN ME UP, PLEASE!

October 13, 2010 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  2. 8 Years of "Trickle Down" economics has only left a dribbling wet spot on working Americans's shoes!

"throw more money" the next thing she will state is "tax cuts will solve all our problems".

Blather, blather blather.

I am becoming quite impressed with Coons who I knew nothing about before this debate being from Texas, he does seem to have a good perspective on the issues.

P.S. Missy just tossed out "school vouchers" how tired is that?

October 13, 2010 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  3. ike-Canada

I am impressed by Christine overall. She is much more than I thought initially. I will vote for her over Palin for sure! Well I am not a qualified voter in the USA or Delaware for that matter.....lol. I wish her well.

October 13, 2010 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  4. Andy Skeen

The hosts' obvious biased is the very reason that liberalism will mercifully be extinct.

October 13, 2010 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  5. CP

CNN – PLEASE get a camera on Chris Coons so viewers can see him head on. And zoom in equally on Chris & Christine's head shots. These camera angels affect viewers' perceptions. Don't disadvantage Chris Coons.

October 13, 2010 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  6. Bob

He is smarter but she has a better smile (or smirk) . I feel for the people of Delaware. One of these people is going to be their senator

October 13, 2010 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  7. Mike

O’Donnell has yet to answer a question with specifics. Hard to vote for someone who evades the tough issues. Most of her answers are attacks on her opponent. What does she believe in???

October 13, 2010 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  8. Neil

the next time CNN hosts a debate, they need to make sure that they have moderators that are objective. It was evident to everyone that came to my Delaware Senate Debate Party that The female moderator was clearly pro-Coons and against McDonnell. Have 30 people watch the dabate and asks them IF they see how unfair the dabate was handled. I came into the debate unsure as to who I would support. I am still unsure about which candidate is best but I do know who CNN favors. This is not what journalism is supposed to be!

October 13, 2010 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  9. T Price, Pennsylvania

the teachers unions are a wretch to our education system – it is time to take up the cross against them and restore some sanity to the educational system. We may extol the object and dedication of their profession but not to the point of elevating their contribution to that and so much more than that of other of us who devote our lives to other worthy iindevors... Its' a simple equation. Why can't they understand it. T.Price – Class of 59-Hamburg, Pa.

October 13, 2010 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  10. Peter Zheutlin

She also said that raising taxes is a tenet of Marxism. That would make Ronald Reagan a Marxist, I guess. I'm not sure she could distinguish between Karl Marx and Groucho.

October 13, 2010 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |