October 13th, 2010

Delaware debate live blog: Update #8

O'Donnell says the current health care system is forcing emergency rooms to care for "illegal aliens."

Watch the debate live at and follow our live blog here.

Filed under: 2010 • Delaware
  1. MassiveForehead

The current health care system is forcing emergency rooms to care for the uninsured and underinsured, whether they are Americans or not. That is the health care issue. The "illegal aliens" statement is merely misdirection.

October 13, 2010 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  2. Edward Shipwright

Why was the debate cut off before the final 30 minutes?
    BAD MISTAKE in your programmings. I don't see any kind of listing for a re-broadcast of this, and if there is one, I doubt that the final 30 minute will be included. MSNBC and FOX news are covering the Chilean rescue right now. But CNN just couldn't resist a chance to carry another anti-constipation ad, I guess.

October 13, 2010 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  3. Miss Priss

Gee, they cut into this highly publicized debate to cut to the miner rescue (not that this event isn't important, but waiting several minutes as the capsule comes up and several minutes afterwards and then going to commercials??)..wondering if this is because Ms. O'Donnell was holding her own in the den of lions? Was this was a convenient escape route in case their candidate couldn't win the debate, even with the help of the liberal media on his side?

October 13, 2010 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  4. Monica

I am still trying to figure out why she even said that. It wasn't even part of the question. She was asked who would have to pay if someone who chose not to buy insurance had to go to the emergency room. She responded that we were having to pay for 'illegal aliens'. She has been confusing this whole debate. She won't answer the questions that are asked and the rhetoric she keeps spilling is just downright juvenile. She scares me almost as much as Palin. Why can't we get an intelligent woman to compete in these elections. I would never vote for anyone based on gender but I am getting very tired of these idiots, who happens to be female, representing women. Not all of us are this inane and uneducated.

October 13, 2010 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  5. Shirts

Oh please...same old same old distraction. I was in an emergency room with my very sick son (fortunately I have decent insurance) and I didn't see a single suspicious looking alien seeking free care (not that I object to treating anyone who is sick). O'Donnell actually said she'd leave it up to hospitals...to treat or not to treat....Hm...given that her declared income last year was under 6,000.00 last year, where did she get her health insurance

October 13, 2010 08:51 pm at 8:51 pm |
  6. Marie MD

I hope she didn't mean our new healthcare bill because regardless of the president hospitals take care of the sick whether they are legal or illegal or witches.

October 13, 2010 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  7. DENNA

Again the whining about illegal immigrants. If this country would do something decent to fix the immigrant problem, there would be no illegals here. We need to move to make people citizens faster, especially the ones who are already here anyway. And, Ms. O'Donnell, a country that calls itself Christian, cannot let ANYONE just die in the streets because of the immigration status. If we are going to do that, we may as well shut all of the houses of worship down and go about our merry, sinful way.

October 13, 2010 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  8. mary

This remark of Ms. ODonnell is just another example of the ignorance of this woman. She just doesn't get anything except the fact that she can follow Palin's footsteps to political fame by appealing to mindless idiots in the Republican Party.

Seriously, the woman completely misses the point that illegals and uninsured Americans ARE being treated in the ER's and THAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS WE NEED HEALTHCARE REFORM. I feel like an idiot myself for even commenting about the existence of Ms. ODonnell. I am terrified at the thought that any of these Republican morons might get elected.

October 13, 2010 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |