October 13th, 2010
  1. Peter Zheutlin

Her faith has matured? What exactly is that code for? She won't say whether she believes in evolution claiming it's not relevant. Of course it's relevant. Voters need to know whether her decisions on issues such as climate change, reproductive rights, stem cell research etc. will be based on science or her personal faith. Even given by Tea Party standards this is a candidate way over her head in every way.

October 13, 2010 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. Angle/O'Donnell/Palin.....NUTTY WOMEN.....JUST SAY NO!

Angle/O'Donnell/Palin=Are You Serious...what jokes. America wake up these Nutty women actually scare me. We got to do better and not ever elect anyone this clueless. VOTE and tell your friends and family to VOTE....if not these NUTS are coming.

October 13, 2010 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  3. Mike

Good debate. O'Donnell seem to have a hard time with some of the questions. Coons at first seemed to be giving textbook answers, but as the debate continued on, he opened up a bit more. All in all I would say Coons won, and even though I don't live in Delaware, if I had only this debate to go by, I'd vote for Coons.

October 13, 2010 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  4. T. Watchman

This coverage is turning me off from CNN. Why is all the coverage about what O'Donnell couldn't say, what O'Donnell said bout Coons, what O'Donnell did? Is this coverage out to cast negative light on O'Donnell or to report what both candidates said? CNN is doing a hatchet job and I'm getting turned off.

October 13, 2010 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  5. jazzman48

Astonishing. Really, what can one say? As a non-Delawarian, I can only hope that actual Delawarians have been paying attention and have the intellect to reject that woman as a serious choice for such an important position.

October 13, 2010 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  6. Robert - NYC

O'Donnell was terrible. She looked like an intern who just got her first big gig at a firm. Chris Coons appeared more intelligent, cohesive, and focused. No offense, the fact that she JUST got her Bachelor's Degree concerns me how can she perform a job as highly responsible as U.S. Senator is simply a seasoned individual in this arena and she obviously doesn't displayed that. The Democrats have obviously nothing to worry about in Deleware but hey I can be surprised.

October 13, 2010 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  7. Vickie1790580

I agree that as you grow older hopefully you and your faith should mature. I watched the debate ubtil it was interrupted. I felt that Ms O'Donnell used the same talking points that I have heard from Republicans, over and over. Mr Coons thoughtfully addressed the questions and actually understood his respondses. Ms O'Donnell did not seem to realize that the use of ER rooms by the uninsured is a factor in higher premiums for the insured. Following the Constitution sounds good, but there is more to governing than that. You can't just make the government get out of the way and expect jobs to be created. You cannot get rid of the Dept of Ed just because of abuse. Clean up the abuse. You cannot take the country back to it's beginning and not expect the need for us to play catch up to the rest of the world. You cannot say that government is broken and throw the bums out. Experience and fellowships are an important part of getting the job done. I do not agree that the government is totally currupt. We need people who will work together to solve problems. I do not believe that Ms O'Donnell is a problem solver. She thinks that because she had financial problems that it makes her just like mainstreet. Jjust because she had to work hard and wasn't as privileged as the other guy does not make her a good candidate for the U.S. Senate. Lots of people work hard and don/t use it as an excuse for not reaching the mark. Hard work is a good thing. Although she is from Delaware, what she does in the Congress will affect the whole country.

October 13, 2010 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  8. Shannon

my faith has matured, in other words, the Jesus I believe in now tells me it's ok to steal the money other people donate to my campaign.

October 13, 2010 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  9. Terry

You can tell a real mature egg by it's terrible smell.

October 13, 2010 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  10. Joe Kratz

I think the two who moderated the debate should never be allowed to do so in the future. I have seen better controlled debates in highschool. I would like to know , I didn't count, how many times both moderators asked Coons a question first? He would give a very informed answer to the question ,then, Ms. O'Donnell woud merely repeat most of what he answered, but in a negative way. She did not, and could not, generate an idea or answer of her own. Neither moderator asked her what she would do in Afghanistan. They asked Coons and he answered.; then she criticized what he said. She did not have one independent thought of her own, and both moderators let her get away with it. SHAME on them both!! I really don't know how they have gootten as far as they have in the journalism profession. they allowed O'Donnell to but- in while Coons was giving a response, and allowed her to speak when it was not her turn to do so. Besides O'Donnell, the biggest flops were the moderators. Remind me not to watch them on any news show. I live in Delaware, and am a registered Independent. Please remember, O'Donnell is not from Delaware, and she is basically looking for a job. She really hasn't had one for several years, and I think she was fired from her latest .People in Delaware– Please come out to vote, but please don't vote for anyone named O'Donnell. Thank you for allowing me to Sound Off!

October 13, 2010 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  11. Susan Jones

Ms.O'Donnell & Mr. Coons did not have a "feisty" or even "lively" debate. He was very well spoken and took the way too high ground by not calling her out on all the lies and talking points someone had written for her. He knew what to do and how to discuss doing specific things for Delaware. O'Donnell, when asked about specifics, couldn't give any clear or inteligle answer to anything....just more rhetoric and out and out lies. No moderators or Mr. Coons called her on the fact that nothing she said was of interest to anyone but her "questionable" monied backers (Rove et al), and even when she gave a bold faced lie and said the US had been fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan all during the 80's and 90's, we were a socialist power. She also knew nothing about anything being asked. Talking points....blah blah....I thought if judging this debate, it would be a 80/20 for Coons, and we had never heard him speak or knew who he was. Dumber than Palin, my husband allowed after watching the whole debate. No one hit her over the head with her rhetoric and nonsense, and she could not get a job in my home wasihing floors. No degree, no dignity, no intelligence, and absolutely no aptitude to be a local candidate, never mind a Senator in D. C. Just another waste of Karl R.'s money buying ads. She represents nothing!

October 14, 2010 04:12 am at 4:12 am |
  12. jules sand-perkins

Congratulations on your faith and your self-perceived maturity, Ms. O'Donnell. You must be very proud.
    However, nobody gives a France about your faith.
    Ms. O'Donnell, you are an idiot.

October 14, 2010 04:19 am at 4:19 am |
  13. Marie MD

Who cares about your faith. You are not interviewing for a preacher job. Separation of church and state, remember?
    It's what you have done lately that should have people wondering about. Where did the other (this one for all we know) "campaign" money go? That's what we want to know.

October 14, 2010 06:21 am at 6:21 am |