October 15th, 2010

Obama has praise for Biden

(CNN) - What does President Obama say was his best decision in the past 24 months? Picking Joe Biden as his vice president.

"The single best decision that I have made was selecting Joe Biden as my running mate," Obama said. "The single best decision I have made. I mean that. It's true."

Obama was in Delaware with Biden campaigning for Democratic Senate nominee Chris Coons, but in his speech seemed to address the rumors that circulated after Bob Woodward said making Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Obama's vice president in 2012 was "on the table."

Obama and Biden also voiced their support for Coons and stressed the importance of the November elections.

"I never say anything I don't mean and sometimes I say things I mean I shouldn't say," Biden said. "Delaware is coming back, the United States of America is coming back."

Obama acknowledged that this is a tough election season for Democrats, but said this election is a choice between "fears and hopes," echoing the rhetoric of the 2008 election.

"I don't want to relive the past," Obama said. "I want to reach for a better future."

1. GOP Scorched Earth Politics

Damn straight. Sorry Clinton fans but Obama had it right. Dem's don't need the Clinton style politics of being complicit with the GOP agenda of selling-out the American worker in the name of "free trade" , NAFTA, or deregulation of Wall Street.

October 15, 2010 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  2. seebofubar

Wow...that doesn't say much for the other decisions does it? Bet he had his fingers crossed when he said that.

October 15, 2010 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  3. Beebee

Wow...that says a LOT about the decisions you have made over the course of your Presidency. For once...the truth comes out!

October 15, 2010 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  4. Voter

Why shouldn't he praise Biden? Unlike Palin he knows Africa is not a country, he can name the countries in NAFTA, and he has more experience then seeing Russia from his house.

October 15, 2010 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  5. daveindenver

Wow, that says alot. If Biden was the best decision even Obama agrees he has screwed everything up.

October 15, 2010 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  6. Lori in St Pete

Hmmmmm, all articles having to do with the rethugliban are closed for comments. Only the ones that will give the mouth breathers a chance to bash President Obama and the "libruls" are open for comment. So here goes...

Regarding dim bulb barbie opening her foul mouth to bash the First Lady: What a hate filled sack of crap this woman is! Never before in the history of our great nation has the losing VP candidate been so unable to get over the fact that they lost, that they still bash the winners two years later! It just shows how clueless and classless this witch is. Honestly CNN, three stories about this divisive woman in one day!!!??? Really???!!!

And for the supporters of this dim bulb who will whine and cry that the dems are hateful and mean to women, I say: Where the hell were YOU when that fat, closeted, drug addicted pedophile gasbag on the radio used to refer to Chelsea Clinton as the White House dog? She was a little girl for heaven's sake! Not to mention the hateful things he has said about Hillary, Nancy Pelosi and every other Dem woman. Hipocrites one and all!

Regarding condescending waxing about the Iraq war: She needs to be on trial at the Hague along with her bosses and every other person who served them between January 21, 2001 & January 19, 2009. They're war criminals and deserve to be treated as such. The biggest mistake the dems made when they took the majority in January 2007 was not trying this snaggle toothed witch and everyone else associated with the previous occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with crimes against humanity, and the destruction of our great nation.

And last but not least, HARRY REID WON THE DEBATE AGAINST THAT HATEFUL, INSANE WITCH!!!

October 15, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  7. Steve (the real one)

Nothing against Biden. I think Clinton might have been a better choice (and I am conservative) BUT if that was his best decision, that says very little about everything else that has occured in the last almost 2 years

October 15, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  8. stufit

Both the idiot president and his hair plugged gaffing vice are such corrupt bumbling liars. The toad in chief say this is an election choice between "fear and hope." I suppose he is meaning he is hope after the jobs report yesterday and the falling confidence levels and rising inflation. The summer of prosperity is over, the stimulus failed miserably (it was bound to when you give the money to corrupt union bosses and left wing nut organizations). This president is a miserable failure as is every body assocaited with him. He is the idiot, just like every other Democrat liberal, who creates fear, is afraid to try anything new, who is racist, who is bigoted, anti feminine and extremely corrupt.

October 15, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  9. Dar

Well Well Well, Odumbo didnt lie! Biden was the best choice/decision he has made in two years. The rest of his decisions have been disasters because he really doesnt know what the heck he's doing.
    Biden the best choice??????????????
    Even you Dems laugh at him, come on, This administration is a joke.
    Nov 2010 starts it and Nov 2012 will end it for these chumps

October 15, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  10. 18 Days until Socialism dies in the United States

If picking Biden as the VP was the best decision Obozo has made in the last 24 months then this country is SCREWED! It only goes DOWNHILL from here folks.

October 15, 2010 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  11. 18 Days until Socialism dies in the United States

OK... I've picked up myself up off the floor and stopped laughing. Obozo does have a good sense of humor, I will give him that. But if he is serious then I want him tested for drugs and alcohol abuse.

October 15, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  12. T'SAH from Virginia

Yes We Can!!!!

October 15, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  13. Tim

He tees it up, let me hit it out of the park.

There is absolutetly no question that his best decision, by far, was selecting Biden as his running mate. If you are in doubt, write down all the decisions Obama has made, and arrange them from idiotically boneheaded through what was he thinking, and you'll see that Biden is at what was he thinking.

October 15, 2010 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  14. Justin

Obama is loyal to Biden, he's simply not going to kick him under the bus to win an election..my President does what is right and not for the polls..SN: I think polls are crap

October 15, 2010 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  15. sara

Sorry to say – but moat people don't comprehend anything above an 8th grade level. The President doesn't operate on an 8th grade level, that is why most don't get him. I feel he has done a great job dealing with everything that has gone on. Most folks have no idea what goes into being a President of the USA> It is not McDonalds drive thru.

October 15, 2010 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  16. TOTAL FACT

OBAMA is the only one that would praise Biden and vice-versa. What has either of these two hyprocrites got to say to compliment each other for. What good have they accomplished except plung us into so much debt we will never climb out. Wake up America and the African Americans you man has sold us down the river. There is no COLAs coming your way but you will have a landslide of taxes falling upon you. I hope you can pay your taxes. Most likely you will have to make a decision to either eat or pay taxes. I will predict that hopefully you can find room underneath the bridges so you can sleep out of the weather. GOOD LUCK To you FOR YOU HAVE SUNk YOU FUTURE welfare into the hands of demons. AND I USED TO BE A DEMOCRAT FOR 50 YEARS. BUT THEY DON'T HAVE TO HIT ME UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH A DOUBLE BITTED AXE FOR ME TO REALIZE THYIS BUNCH INTENDS TO DESTROY US.

October 15, 2010 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  17. Dean

Biden make a person long for Dan Quayle.

October 15, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |