October 15th, 2010

Shots of Palin reality show revealed

(CNN) – Can't get enough of Sarah Palin? You're in luck.

The former Alaska governor's adventure-themed show on TLC is set to debut in one month, but the trailer is already making the rounds online.

The 30 second action-packed preview shows the former vice presidential candidate braving the Alaska elements - including trekking up a mountain, kayaking over river rapids while bears look on, and dog sledding.

This is 'flippin' fun!' Palin says at one point. "Why can't we ever just be satisfied with tranquility?"

The show will also apparently provide insights into the Palin household. At another moment in the trailer, viewers see the Alaska Republican instructing her youngest daughter, "No boys go upstairs!"

And for political observers who are wondering how serious the GOP rock star is about launching a White House run in 2012, perhaps Palin drops a hint of her own:

"I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy old political office," Palin says as cameras show the former governor navigating rugged Alaska trails on an all-terrain vehicle.

The total series will run eight episodes and debut November 14, TLC says. It is directed by Mark Burnett, the producer behind the long-running nature-themed Survivor show.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. wecu

Great for her...I will not tune in!!! Enough already

October 15, 2010 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  2. Lee

Isn't this sort of redundant? Every time I see this woman anywhere, I suddenly feel like I'm watching a reality show.

October 15, 2010 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  3. seam

Most of us aren't dog sledding, mounting climbing, and kayaking over wild river rapids in ice box Alaska. There is absolutely no connection with most Americans; therefore, the reality is unreal.

October 15, 2010 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  4. grapevine

Gearing up for her presidential run, I see. I wonder what Palin and company would be saying now if Reid had told Angle to put on her big girl pants and use what little intelligence she has to fess up to her blatant lies and actually debate the issues, instead of stammering through choregraphed bumber sticker BS. As a woman myself, the Palins, Whitmans, ODonnells, Brewers, Haleys, and Fiorinas disgust me. Either step up to the plate, or shut up.

October 15, 2010 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  5. Jane

Truly where the woman belongs!!!! The lights are on but nobody is home. Bye-bye SAR AH.

October 15, 2010 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  6. Bill

What a knuckle head! Maybe a mama grizzly, a real one, will get a chance to show mama sarah how a grizzly bear with a real brain behaves.

October 15, 2010 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  7. Opinion

And this is the GOP Presidential frontrunner? HA.

October 15, 2010 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  8. SickOfSarah

"I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy old political office," Palin says.

Well, that's obvious...seeing as she fled her own office and responsibilities to become a "GOP rock star." So she does't want political power? She basically JUST wants to be in the spotlight? So much for a sense of civic duty, not that I'm personally doing more. Maybe I should...

October 15, 2010 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  9. Amanda

Good, we'd rather you be on four wheelers than in office too. Finally, I agree with her on something!

October 15, 2010 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  10. SteveR

Funny how that "No boys upstairs" rule didn't work with bristol. She is a laughable human being

October 15, 2010 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  11. Tim

And did you hear that she was telling people how to vote at a voting site?

Oh, wait, never mind, that was Mrs. Obama.

October 15, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  12. Fred

I think if anyone can't get enough of her, it's CNN. I swear there is something about Sarah Palin in the political ticker every single day.

October 15, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  13. Voter

Money grubbing idiot.

October 15, 2010 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  14. Morgan

Can't wait....This should be wonderful. I really enjoy Sarah and her family. I never thought much about Alaska before Sarah but now I would love to visit. She is great!!!! Thanks TLC for doing this program.

October 15, 2010 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  15. maine liberal

Please say it isnt so..

who is the celeb now.

Dont mother and daughter have babies to raise. when do they find time for family values. i am afraid that their valuse will become corrupted by the hoilywood elite

October 15, 2010 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  16. reagan youth

what do the Insane Clown Posse, Sarah Palin, and Christine O'Donnell have in common? none of them can name a recent Supreme Court decision they didnt agree with... and neither of them know how magnets work.

October 15, 2010 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  17. Spuds

you have got to be kidding me! Palin is not about what is good for this country – she is about how much money can I make!

October 15, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  18. Robert in NYC

That's one show I won't be watching. Good luck with the ratings! You're gonna need it. LOL.

October 15, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  19. maine liberal

"I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy old political office," Palin says

Than do it

October 15, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  20. GL

And we all knew that was going to happen so this is not news. I am so glad I do not watch any reality shows these type of shows are dump.

October 15, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  21. ramtruck2500

Satified with tranquility??? Gee Sarah tell me why I am not. what a didtz, tranquility is always satisfying unless there is oil under it. go Figure!

October 15, 2010 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  22. RICKFROMPA

If Sarah is truly enjoying the outdoor life so much then why doesn't she just stay in Alaska and leave the rest of the World alone!

October 15, 2010 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  23. notsodumb

I'll be setting my DVR so that I don't miss the show. A Great Lady in a beautiful state.

October 15, 2010 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  24. Me

This will solidify that Palin isn't smart enough to be the POTUS let alone run for the job. When it's apparent for all to see how ignorant and inarticulate she is, will she blame Mark Burnett? Will she film by the banks of a lamestream media?

October 15, 2010 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  25. Me

Did anybody catch the first line of the article?

"(CNN) – Can't get enough of Sarah Palin?"

Ha! I have had more than my fill of Sarah Palin.
    I and many others have asked you to stop reporting on this person
    So the real question is,
    "Can't get enough of CNN shoving Sarah Palin down your throat?"
    Well now there is whole 'nother network ready to force more Sarah Palin on you!
    CNN, it's your fault that Sarah Palin is still in the media spotlight

October 15, 2010 11:22 am at 11:22 am |