October 15th, 2010

Shots of Palin reality show revealed

(CNN) – Can't get enough of Sarah Palin? You're in luck.

The former Alaska governor's adventure-themed show on TLC is set to debut in one month, but the trailer is already making the rounds online.

The 30 second action-packed preview shows the former vice presidential candidate braving the Alaska elements - including trekking up a mountain, kayaking over river rapids while bears look on, and dog sledding.

This is 'flippin' fun!' Palin says at one point. "Why can't we ever just be satisfied with tranquility?"

The show will also apparently provide insights into the Palin household. At another moment in the trailer, viewers see the Alaska Republican instructing her youngest daughter, "No boys go upstairs!"

And for political observers who are wondering how serious the GOP rock star is about launching a White House run in 2012, perhaps Palin drops a hint of her own:

The total series will run eight episodes and debut November 14, TLC says. It is directed by Mark Burnett, the producer behind the long-running nature-themed Survivor show.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. P.D.

LOL! Holy Cheese! It was almost too embarrassing to watch! I have a feeling that this show will go the way of McCain's and Palin's bitdfor office. Crash and burn.

October 15, 2010 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  2. T'SAH from Virginia

"I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy old political office," Palin says as cameras show the former governor navigating rugged Alaska trails on an all-terrain vehicle."

Please Palin – do more of that instead of BUGGING PEOPLE!! And CNN, you have a fetish over Palin to the point where it is SICKENING, annoying and pathetic!!! She's on your Ticker more than she's on FOX!!! Jeez!!!

This is T’SAH from Virginia and I approve this message!

October 15, 2010 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  3. MAhole

Actually, I have had MUCH MORE THAN ENOUGH of the quitta from Wasilla and her gang of hillbillies.......
    I watch a lot of History and Discovery channel and a little of TLC – but you can bet I won't be watching this publicity hound.
    And isn't it a little late to be telling one of her daughters that no boys go upstairs???
    Sounds like it is going to be geared toward just the people she has wrapped around her finger – the dumbest of the dumb.....

October 15, 2010 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  4. SkiDoc

Go Sarah! Just wish the country had your "can do" spirit in the White House instead of the hopey-changey dude!

October 15, 2010 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  5. Four and The Door

I can only admire the confidence Sarah Palin shows by allowing the public this view of her personal life. It's very cool and just another reason she is different than your typical Washington politician. She has a life and it's not the sheltered, elite life too many of them have who are making decisions " for the rest of us".

October 15, 2010 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  6. JD

I would rather see her doing this than running for President

October 15, 2010 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  7. Hangar 13

Karl Rove is brilliant, he used all that mysterious foreign money to make liberals pour all their efforts into hating Sarah Palin while the Republicans walk away with majorities in both houses after November 2.

October 15, 2010 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  8. anagram_kid

"Why can't we ever just be satisfied with tranquility?" Because tranquility won’t pay her $3,000 per minute like her speaking engagements do.

"No boys go upstairs!" That joke writes itself.

"I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy old political office," Such disdain for public service.

The good news here is that the more she exposes herself, the more people will see that her primary purpose in life is to make a lot of money while not providing a service or product that benefits anyone at all.

October 15, 2010 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  9. Squiggs

Dosen't TLC stand for The learning Channel? How does that equate to having someone as dumb as Palin on there. Why didn't she give the same advice to Bristol that she gave to her youngest daughter about not having boys upstairs? Last but not least the best way for Palin to ensure that we all have the tranquility that she advocated is by her going back to Alaska permanently with the First Knucklehead and not rearing her empty annoying head in the lower 48 states again.

October 15, 2010 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  10. Please End The OverExposure of This Idiot

We can all thank John McCain for bringing this woman into this much exposure from the media. If he hadn't incompetently picked her, most of us who don't like her wouldn't have even known of her existence.

I do admire how she's getting immensely rich though.

What a shame. A good intelligent man like Obama is so opposed and this imbecile is actually followed by people?

October 15, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  11. Bob

Glad to see that she is wearing a helmet. It would be a real crime to see her injure her enormous brain in an accident. Seriously, I hope that this gig works out and keeps her entertained and out of any thoughts in running for any elective office. I still would hit it, though.

October 15, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  12. c

Yay the Alaska version of the Beverly hillbillies

October 15, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  13. once upon a horse

two words.....OVER EXPOSURE is going to be the undoing of Sarah Palin. The good thing for her though is once people finally get sick of seeing or hearing her, she'll be laughing all the way to the bank with the money she's gotten from them.

October 15, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  14. disenchanted democrat

The more I see of this woman the more she reminds me of
    Teddy Roosevelt. Strong, gritty, opinionated ,full of spit and
    vinegar, gutsy. All the ingredients of a good steady leader.
    I may vote republican for the first time ever if she runs for
    President.
    When I read articles about her I get a bad impression but
    when I hear her speak her mind I get a very good impression.
    So many people say terrible things about her but I think it is
    out of ignorance and party loyalty.

October 15, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  15. Go Independent!

Hollywood pays more than government jobs, so run for the money, Sarah! I won't waste my time watching your reality show! It has been painful enough watching Bristol on Dancing with the Stars! GAG. Thanks, again, John McCain, for creating the Palin ego-maniac monster!

October 15, 2010 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  16. ficheye

"I'd rather be doing this than in some stuffy old political office," Whew. For a moment there I thought that she was going to run for president. And then she says "Why can't we ever just be satisfied with tranquility?" Gosh, she's right! If she was elected we wouldn't have all those darn wars. She'd get us out of those conflicts!! The problem with this shoe is that she probably never does a lot of these things. It's pretty well known that she has never shot a moose herself, or done much fishing either. She likes to watch and then talk about it. What the heck. She's just like her supporters. Full of it.

October 15, 2010 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  17. Laura

"I'd rather be doing this than be in some stuffy old political office"

I hope that people will remember these words when she decides to run for president in 2012.

October 15, 2010 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  18. Republicans Are The American Taliban

So CNN is now her advertising source for her fake reality show? Looks like the "no boys upstairs" method of birth control hasn't worked out so good for them so far ....

October 15, 2010 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  19. Oy Vey Az

You mean that there is more ? I thought all the Palin drivel we've had to endure was the show. Oh boy ... more real life adventures with the Palins. I wonder what the theme song will be ?

October 15, 2010 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  20. shoegazer

Aaaaarrgghhhh.....Is there nothing this narcissistic pest won't do to keep her mug in the spotlight.Please just go away.

October 15, 2010 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  21. Marie

This is so absolutely precious that I don't know where to start except that shouldn't this be UNDER ENTERTAINMENT?
    You sure this wasn't filmed in a Hollywood studio? Hallf term, we know you and your bully of a husband throw nasty words at each other at home . . "flippin"? We would all be satisfied with tranquility if you just went away and the media didn't continue to pretend you are a "gop rock star' or that except for your 20% of the hillbilly population we don't care about you and/or your trashy family.
    "no boys go upstairs?" Too late for one and this one never goes to school so what else is there for her to do except get pregnant.
    You will NEVER COME CLOSE TO THE WHITE HOUSE except for a tour with the peasants who are not real Ameridcans as you call them.
    BTW – those ATVs are very dangerous. People have died while using them and turning over. That being said . . . . keep on truckin'!!!

October 15, 2010 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  22. BIGDONC

Thanks a lot, John McCain, for bringing her into the spotlight!!!! And, where's Joe The Plumber,....???

October 15, 2010 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  23. paylin

I think I'm going to barf

October 15, 2010 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  24. kshannonk

I'ld rather that she be doing that than be in office, too! At least she's smart enough to know she wouldn't be elected if she ran.

October 15, 2010 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  25. Tam

That's where her brain has always been - in the wilderness

October 15, 2010 11:52 am at 11:52 am |