October 18th, 2010

CNN's New Palin Interview

Reno, Nevada (CNN) - In an interview with CNN, Sarah Palin said she doesn't think the Tea Party will split the Republican Party but noted the GOP would be "through" if it strays from its core values.

"I think the machine within the GOP will realize the 'we the people' within message is rising and is resonating throughout with independents, with moderates, with hard core conservatives because it's so full of common sense," Sarah Palin said, adding: "And time tested truths that could put the economy back on track that heaven forbid the GOP machine strays from this message if so, the GOP is through."

Palin said if the Tea Party continues to tout "free market principles," the movement will have no problem attracting independent voters.

She called on members to "apply time tested truths" and prove they work.

Palin also responded to critics who say she is divisive.

"They're going to say what they're going to say," Palin said. "If I spend all my time just answering the critics I might as well close up shop and do nothing else."

Filed under: 2010 • Sarah Palin • Tea Party Express • Tea Party movement
  1. Mr. Wilson

All I can ask to anyone who has thought of themselves as a Republican is do you really want what this woman wants to happen to your party? It's her way or the highway. Where have we heard that before...

Oh, yeah. You are either with us or with the terrorists. So, if I don't agree with her am I a terrorist?

October 18, 2010 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  2. ahaha

The GOP thought they could control the social conservatives and at the same time, appeal to the thinking fiscal conservatives. Well, that worked out.......... the tea party came, they partied, they shouted a few racial slurs, and after november, they will do just what W did in 2009, VANISH!!!!

October 18, 2010 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  3. stufit

Glad some of your are wasting all of your money and sending it to the DNC, if you believe in all crap they put out about how the republicans are gonna eliminate things. Shows the ignorance that is rampant in the Democrat liberal party. Some wingnut told them Palin said she could see Russia from her house and 87% of them believed it. They could not tell it was actually Tina Fey that said it. With such complete ignorance is it any wonder we end up with Keyan Marxists as our president?

October 18, 2010 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  4. ODA155

I have but one question that I would like for Sarah Palin to answer... WTF!

October 18, 2010 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  5. TJ

Her voice alone and those run-on sentences is enough to turn me off from her.

October 18, 2010 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  6. a little sad

If the GOP had these "time-tested truths to put the economy back on track", why did they not used them during the prior administration?

October 18, 2010 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  7. daveindenver

Wow, I was out fishing and heard a bunch of explosions. I thought someone was blasting stones or something but it was just a bunch of liberal heads exploding because Palin was mentioned in a CNN article.

October 18, 2010 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  8. dd

Is it called TUI (Talking under the influence)?? I must stop drinking TEA before driving!!

October 18, 2010 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  9. Tanya

What are these time tested truths? Also, the above sentence is a grammarians nightmare. Sarah Palin has the strangest syntax. Maybe I could find some common ground with her if I could actually understand what she is trying to say. Then again, maybe not.

October 18, 2010 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  10. Jamie

Sarah Palin the Almighty ... almighty quitter. If she's so dang good at politics why did she quit her home state governship? Like Beck, O'Donnell, Angle and their likes, she's like a balloon–full of air but lacking in substance. Talks the talk but couldn't even walk the governor's walk. Fluff not gristle.

October 18, 2010 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  11. La Piovra

I hadn't the luck(¿¡!?) to see the interview, but the excerpt was eloquent... in its incoherence. I presume the words expressed the content, thodfgugh. In the words of the old song whose tune became the Mr. Klean themesong:
    Aleksander Park inside,
    music it is playing itself
    Aleksander Park around
    Young ladies are sashaying themselves...

October 18, 2010 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  12. HotAirAce

Good News / Bad News...

Good News: I'm Canadian so will never have Sarah-The-Idiot-Palin running our government.

Bad News: We might have to put up with Sarah-The-Idiot-Palin led theocracy south of us.

October 18, 2010 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  13. Coopm

I'm wondering why she has never once identified which "time tested truths" she's referring to. Or exactly which "solutions" she has, or which ones she has proposed. I've seen her many, many times and she has yet to offer up one single, viable, workable solution to anything.

She's a quitter who has built her career on torpedoing President Obama and anyone else who 1. asks her questions about anything of substance, 2. demonstrates her record of failure both as mayor of Wasilla as well as gov. of Alaska, 3. exposes her lies and total lack of understanding regarding anything involving national politics and 4. pojts out her politics of hatred, fear and misrepresentation.

Talk about en epic fail!

October 18, 2010 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |
  14. Tam

"totally uneducated" - education wouldn't help her because it wouldn't stick! There's just no grey matter there to use

October 18, 2010 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  15. John

The GOP can't be dumb enough to listen to SARAN PALIN OR THE TEA PARTY this woman know nothing about politics at all. This just go to show you just how dumb SARAN PALIN is,all she spend is RACIST, HATE.

October 18, 2010 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  16. HotAirAce

Good News / Bad News...

Good News: I'm Canadian so will never have Sarah-The-Id-iot-Palin running our government.

Bad News: We might have to put up with a Sarah-The-Id-iot-Palin led theocracy south of us.

October 18, 2010 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  17. Joe, San Diego

So sad to see people that actual want Sarah Palin to represent them... they have no clue why they like her they just do, she never answers a question she simply avoids the question by complaining about what the other party is not doing... why won't she make a concrete sentence of what she plans to do or wants her party to do besides find fault

October 18, 2010 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  18. Linda

That is why the Democratic political machine/class always fear Sarah. She is the real thing. She is that fighting Independent spirit with proven track record of Main Street Populism, why she enjoyed an almost 90 pct approval as Governor. They want to try to paint her as some radical, when she's nothing of that.

And they didn't want her to get tv face time to get out HER position and record, they always wanted to define her and their grasp is slipping away.

Palin Baby Palin.

October 18, 2010 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  19. johnrj08

Palin isn't answering questions in this pathetic "interview". She's lecturing.

October 18, 2010 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  20. Steve

Promise more than you can provide. Spend more than you have...that's how we got in this mess It IS common sense. Our "spending more than we have" chickens have come home to roost and it's time to do the responsible thing. We were all lied to and we need to face the ugly truth. How many nations have thrived as well as the US in world history? Why has the US citizen enjoyed so much quality of life improvement on the whole for so long? What is behind America's success and how do we insure it remains? I believe it is, in large part, due to the free market, rights to ownership of property and investment, individual liberty and individual responsibility to one's community, neighbors, and nation. The more government takes ownership of property, savings and investment, takes over responsibility for charity in the community and to each other, the greater the threat of becoming a failed nation unable to provide for those who truly need help and susceptible to attacks from outside and within.

October 18, 2010 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  21. Anonymous

Sarah , I am also "we the people" why do you think that the Tea Party are the only 'We the people"??

And why has her voice become so shrill? Has it always been so shrill and grating or has my opinions of her become so low that it just is like chalk on a board! If I had to listen to her for more than a few , I think I would sream!

And what she was saying was a lot of words but no substance at that rally , it was such empty nothingness, that I wonder how intelligent people follow her like she is the chosen one!

October 18, 2010 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  22. violet

I get to sit back and watch Sarah destroy the Republican Party. She is telling them to "man-up". She backs candidates just like herself, uneducated in the history of the world. . McCain's daughter is the only republican with any sense because she called the Palin candidates unqualified and nutjobs.

October 18, 2010 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  23. seamar116

I would be shocked if Palin could actually explain a little Adam Smith and identify actual "free market principles." I seriously doubt if she has read any "Wealth of Nations", nor could explain the role that Adam Smith laid out for government.

October 18, 2010 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  24. mike

hey sarah, why not continue to enjoy your freedoms from the furthest reaches of Alaska? Seriously, if you would grow a pair they might let you back in. try to stay off the public dole from now on though!

October 18, 2010 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  25. GOP-Bob

Hmm.....close up shop and do nothing else.....that sounds good.

October 18, 2010 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |