October 19th, 2010

Palin no fan of Maureen ‘O’Dowd’

(CNN) –- Sarah Palin is shrugging off a recent column from New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd - or rather Maureen “O’Dowd” - in which Dowd called Palin the “queen bee” of mean girls.

"That's so funny, because I don't think I've ever met that gal, Maureen Dowd - O'Dowd - whatever the heck her name is,” said a laughing Palin Monday in an interview with Fox News.

I don't think I've ever met her, and I don't think - she probably hasn't met [Arizona Gov.] Jan Brewer or some of these other wonderful, pleasant, gracious, nice, hard-working mama grizzlies who are wanting to turn this country around.

“So Maureen can say whatever she says. I encourage the other mama grizzlies and liberty-loving Americans to just keep smiling."

In her column Sunday, Dowd identified Brewer, Palin, Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, California Senate candidate Carly Fiorina, Connecticut Senate candidate Linda McMahon, Nevada Senate candidate Sharron Angle, and Rep. Michele Bachmann as "grown-up versions of those teenage tormentors who would steal your boyfriend, spray-paint your locker and, just for good measure, spread rumors that you were pregnant."

H/T: GOP 12

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Joe

Nothing proves Dowd's point better than Palin's reaction.

October 19, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  2. DoS

Nailed it right on the head, great analogy Dowd!

October 19, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  3. ZB

Flash to Palin: Having a big mouth; mindless talking points; and no facts or ideas doesn't make you a "mama grizzly" but it does make you and your Palinite followers morons.

October 19, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  4. jeannie latimer

Gross.....every time I read where Palin talks about her "mama grizzlies" I throw up in my mouth. Honestly, "mama grizzlies"??What an embarrassment that she reduces our country and complex issues down to story-book like characters. She lives off of ridiculous cutesy sayings and the American public gobbles it up without even questioning or asking what she plans to do. I assume "mama grizzlies" lumber through the forest, root through garbage and scare tourists. Yep, that's who I want running my country!

October 19, 2010 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  5. keeth in california

Jan Brewer is no mama grizzly. She's a flat-out liar. Just like Palin.

October 19, 2010 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  6. bcnu_too

My gosh – I am so sick of Sarah Palin in 3 or 4 articles everyday on the Ticker. The woman is a moron who cannot structure a complete sentence. I'm sure all the people who have lost loved ones to real mama grizzly bears appreciate her referring to other females as mama grizzlies. She needs to go back to Alaska and stay there.

October 19, 2010 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  7. Carol

The truth hurts. Mean girls stink!

October 19, 2010 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  8. harvey 60

Sarah Palin – the American Ahmadinejad

October 19, 2010 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  9. kd

Palin is such an idiot. Americans who support her are just as stupid. I fear for this country.

October 19, 2010 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  10. JOhn

"wonderful, pleasant, gracious, nice," You know , just like grizzly bears are. Idiots.

October 19, 2010 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  11. WMesser58

Sarah Palin is an idiot and irrelevant. These buzz words she uses is what every right-wing-nut job uses to discredit anyone who disagrees with them. All they care about is control. They know better than you. If any of these nut jobs win you might as well elect another moron like G.W.

Since, the right are so blind to what he did to destroy this country.

October 19, 2010 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  12. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Making up a quarter of Nevada's population, Hispanic voters are expected to play a crucial role in the Senate race
    -------------------------------------------------–
    While Sarah Plain is just a rambling, money-grubbing idiot,Sharron Angle actually scares me, and I don't scare easily. What is truly frightening about this woman is that she seems to believe the stuff that comes out of her mouth.Sarah Palin is lockstep, Sharron Angle is off-step, off-balance, and strikes me as sociopathic psychopath. There's a reason why she's been 'underground' for so many decades. To actually see her rise in politics to this level, with her type of drivel is counter to
    the standards and intellect that we used to demand of our people in office. This is just plain pathetic, and not just a little scary. W
    It seems as if this country in many of it's races would rather turn to nutjobs that look like them, then stand by those trying to do right by them. We've hit a new low America when the Sharron Angles of the poltical world are actually in the running. I hope the Hispanics in her state let their voices be heard loud and clear at the polls, maybe she'll be able to tell us apart then.

October 19, 2010 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  13. Bob Dog

I love liberty, and I think Sarah Palin is a circus clown. She doesn't speak for me or anyone else I know. She uses people to get money. She is disgusting.

October 19, 2010 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  14. idesign

When Maureen Dowd starts typing these days (her own thoughts, we hope), you can almost hear the creaking of her arthritic joints. This chick is so jealous of Palin's youth and star power that her columns – once enjoyable in a a poisonous sort of way – have become tiresome, the journalistic equivalent of Tina Fey's one-note shtick.

October 19, 2010 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  15. seebofubar

You have to love Palin...what you see is what you get, an honest God fearing american who isn't going to take anything from some panty waist moron liberal media know-nothing. We can only hope that the rest of the blind lemming american population wakes up (as Europe is doing) and realizes that liberal socialistic policies will not and never have worked.

October 19, 2010 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  16. Dean

It sounds as if Dowd had a rough high school experience...and never got over it.

October 19, 2010 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  17. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

I've never met Sarah Palin, but do you really NEED TO???
    She says whatever comes into her mouth (I don't think anything passes through the filter of a brain) and then complains when people use it, in context, to define her.

In her "defense," she only says "mean" things because she's not smart enough to couch them in a complimentary way.

October 19, 2010 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  18. Alex

I like what Bill Maher said: Women overwhemingly can't stand those "mamma grizzlies". White men overwhemingly like them because they remind them of the stupid houswives they miss so much.

October 19, 2010 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  19. Rick

You go girl.........Maureen Dowd is so pathetic, and irrelevant, all she does is spew hate and then talk about how "intellectual" and "inclusive" she is with all her pathetic cube mates at the NYT, nothing but just a bunch of hate mongers........it must be a miserable life to go around so angry all the time, trying to get attention with her pathetic dribble, she has to be the most miserable woman I've ever seen.....

October 19, 2010 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  20. JohnM

No wonder she doesn't know who the writer is, you have to be able to read first and that leaves poor silly sarah out in the dark as usual.

October 19, 2010 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  21. Just hush, Maureen O'Puke !

It's pretty clear, Maureen, that YOU are that "grown-up version of those teenage tormentors. . . " you cite. Judging by your baseless attacks exclusively on conservative women, YOU fit that description to a tee! As for most of us, we simply want to get rid of liars and dividers like YOU and return our country to the great land it once was before Obama - and will be again after Obama.

October 19, 2010 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  22. BG

What liberal needs to speak intelligently when they can just mock and emote? Maureen Dowd is just the latest.

October 19, 2010 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  23. Darth Cheney

So, everyone who's not a tea party/conservative is not "wonderful, pleasant, gracious, nice, hard-working" or "liberty-loving". Gotta give Sarah credit, she's already been able to brainwash at least 1/3 of the country with her innuendo nonsense.

October 19, 2010 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  24. Tina, NC

But, but...I thought she read all the newspapers put in front of her.

Palin IS Queen Of The Mean Girls. Only problem is, even the mean girls grow up and realize you can make it through life tearing everyone else down in order to make yourself feel better. Palin is still stuck in baracuda high school mode and she's got a whole lot of adults and the media cheering her on like the pathetic loosers who use to suck up to the mean girls in order to avoid being a target or to feel cool about themselves.

October 19, 2010 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  25. Publius13

Of course Palin doesn't know Dowd. You would have to have read a newspaper sometime in the last 15 years to know who Dowd is.

October 19, 2010 11:06 am at 11:06 am |