October 19th, 2010

Palin no fan of Maureen ‘O’Dowd’

(CNN) –- Sarah Palin is shrugging off a recent column from New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd - or rather Maureen “O’Dowd” - in which Dowd called Palin the “queen bee” of mean girls.

"That's so funny, because I don't think I've ever met that gal, Maureen Dowd - O'Dowd - whatever the heck her name is,” said a laughing Palin Monday in an interview with Fox News.

I don't think I've ever met her, and I don't think - she probably hasn't met [Arizona Gov.] Jan Brewer or some of these other wonderful, pleasant, gracious, nice, hard-working mama grizzlies who are wanting to turn this country around.

“So Maureen can say whatever she says. I encourage the other mama grizzlies and liberty-loving Americans to just keep smiling."

In her column Sunday, Dowd identified Brewer, Palin, Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, California Senate candidate Carly Fiorina, Connecticut Senate candidate Linda McMahon, Nevada Senate candidate Sharron Angle, and Rep. Michele Bachmann as "grown-up versions of those teenage tormentors who would steal your boyfriend, spray-paint your locker and, just for good measure, spread rumors that you were pregnant."

H/T: GOP 12

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. BlueBuddy

The real biological mama grizzlies are by definition "not nice." The shoe does fit for all those that Dowd named.

So Palin revels in her ignorance of anything, including the names of her antagonists. I am sure this endears her to her follower.

So Maureen Dowd is not by implication "liberty-loving?" I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

October 19, 2010 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  2. hankers

Tell me the difference between “queen bee” of mean girls and mama grizzlies? Oh I know... she says it and it is OK. Left-wing columnist says it and its mean [and note the subtle dissing of her name]? Mean is as mean does!

October 19, 2010 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  3. Shucks

She is the most divisive person I have seen in politics in my entire lifetime of 51 years. Her constant quotes of her Americans and Her and other Liberty loving Americans. I would like to officially acknowledge that All Americans love liberty. Not just a select few. However, the majority of Americans don't like being told they are not true Americans which Palin continues to speak of on a regular basis. We as Americans are one Mrs. Palin. We are not as divided and different as you would want your followers to think. We all love the freedoms we have, and are angered when certain groups are denied their equal freedoms due to religious ideaologies, and bigoted and ignorant people.

October 19, 2010 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  4. Dave

Way to go Maureen. Hit her hard and fast. More reporters should do this to the tea party candidates. Start reporting and stop coddling them. You went to college for journalism now practice it. The only way the truth is going to come out about these individuals is if they are hit hard and often.

October 19, 2010 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  5. Eric of Reseda

Sarah Palin and her followers scare me. Truly. They remind of those whackos who dressed up in uniforms and met in pubs and plotted the takeover of government, and when they did, jailed and executed as many Jews, intellectuals, dissidents, homosexuals, Gypsies, etc., as they could get their hands on. In other words, if you weren't a Nazi and wouldn't proclaim your loyalty to the Fuhrer, you were dead! Well, these extremists who profess to be uber-patriots are ANYthing buy the ideal Americans.

October 19, 2010 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  6. P.D.

LOL! The Republicans made a HUGE mistake by not denouncing the 'Tea Partiers'. The 'Partiers' are nothing but angry Republicans who are splintering into two groups. 'Moderates' are being hunted down. Palin, in essence ,has blown the Republcans chance for the Senate by picking O'Donnell, who is a train wreck.

October 19, 2010 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  7. hankers

"I encourage ... liberty-loving Americans to just keep smiling."... you see from the far-right, you are either with us or agin us. Now where have I heard this before?

October 19, 2010 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  8. smarty

Dowd is just calling it like it is. Palin is a very mean-spirited, vindictive, shallow person, who is willing to say anything to get attention and do anything to make a buck.

October 19, 2010 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  9. MarianneEvans

And smile all the while as they sauntered downt he halls...with their books slung over their shoulders and their hair sawying back and forth....looking so so "HOT" although NOT NOT NOT!!!!!

October 19, 2010 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  10. Nadeem

maureen is a sick demented soul.

October 19, 2010 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  11. hankers

OK, let's hear from some of her school chums (and enemies).

October 19, 2010 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  12. Sarah Roberto

Honestly, do these women want to be known as Mamma Grizzlies?

October 19, 2010 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  13. informed voter

Maureen Dowd hit the nail on the head with her description of this nasty, new breed of intellectual midgets that call themselves "mamma grizzlies." You don't need to actually meet someone to determine how you feel about them, especially when these Mammas are constantly grabbing headlines with their false accusations and degrading comments towards their political opponents. We need smart, educated, compassionate adults governing our nation, not a group of angry, catty women with nothing but vitriol to add to the debate of how to solve the huge problems our country faces.

October 19, 2010 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  14. JANUARY 20, 2013 - THE END OF AN ERROR

All of Maureen Dowd's columns have the same tone – angry, bitter and sniping. I pity the poor woman. My wife tells me that Ms. Dowd sounds very similar to many other women she has crossed paths with over the years who have a negative outlook on life because of their miserable personal lives. It is sad that her frustrations spill out onto her newspaper columns.

October 19, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  15. Shownee

Love it!! I couldn't find the words to describe these women but this is right on. It"s all about me, me, me and if you aren't good enough to be part of their pack you are nothing. Well I'm an adult now, not in their pack, and they mean nothing to me. If I was still a teenager I would show them the big 'L' for LOSER.

October 19, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  16. moose patty palin

I agree with Maureen. Palin, Angle and O'donnell are just in it for the money to pay their bills. Palin, the half-tasking governor quit to make $12 million of the reconfigured republicans now known as the tea party people.

October 19, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  17. Tom

Really. On one side CNN says that we cover all the sides equally, and now this. What next, Palin _arted on her way to Washington will be the headlines. I dont understand why you give so much importance to a stupid women.

October 19, 2010 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  18. Living in America

Would somebody tell me how is Palin doing a reality show on Alaska as if that is her favorite stated and she "QUIT" as the Governor. She will become President, quit to go on the road to make more money and make a reality show my USA. Should someone call child protective services because she had those kids al little toooo close to those fighting grizzly bears and she was not trying to get out of the way.

October 19, 2010 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  19. Seattle Sue

Does Sarah know that mama grizzlies are best know as a sows? Seams the shoe fits Sarah.

October 19, 2010 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  20. jackie

Maureen must be a heck of a jealous person. I think all these women she is talking about are intelligent, smart and secure of who they are.

October 19, 2010 11:14 am at 11:14 am |
  21. Bubba

Note to Palin: when you are identified as "Queen Bee of Mean Girls," next time don't confirm it by mocking the identifier's name. Man, that is one stupid woman.

October 19, 2010 11:15 am at 11:15 am |
  22. neonmadman

I agree with Ms. Dowd,except for O'Donnell. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body, she is just an idiot.

October 19, 2010 11:15 am at 11:15 am |
  23. Emile Zola

I don't like Maureen Dowd because some times her views on issues are more fact than fiction as when she wrote that all priests were pedophiles and right there I found her to have some agenda or a chip on her shoulders against the catholic church. Saying that, there is no comparison between Sarah Plain and Maureen Dowd, the only thing that comes to mind is the Ford Pinto and a Rolls Royce and I'm sorry, but Sarah is the Pinto. Nobody can deny that Maureen is light years ahead of Ms Plain. The first one is one of the better writers of the NYT; the other, au contraire, makes George Bush(43) like a rocket scientist. Just imagine, to think that a question about what papers she reads becomes gotcha journalism. Ms Palin is just slogans and a peddler of political snake oil; nothing else. Case closed.

October 19, 2010 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  24. Mary

Women should not write such childish things about other women, where is the respect for sisters?

October 19, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  25. The Unsub

The day Pailin gives an interview to reporters other than "Fox friendly" ones who can actually ask her questions, is the day she becomes relevant. Until then she will continue to be the speak n' spell of the her party.

October 19, 2010 11:19 am at 11:19 am |