En route to Ely, Nevada (CNN) – Tea Party activists often say that the movement is virtually unstoppable. But the current bus tour for the Tea Party Express was forced to temporarily stop on Tuesday.
The reason: roadwork.
The re-paving of some eight miles of road caused a delay as the roving bus tour traveled on a two-lane highway between Wells and Ely, Nevada. Ely will be the site of the third rally on the Express' 30-city tour.
Tea Party activists, entertainers for the tour and journalists riding along all milled about on the side of the road wondering how far the car backup stretched and how long the delay would be.
It lasted roughly 30 minutes before highway traffic workers cleared the buses, and traffic, to continue on.
After the afternoon rally in Ely, the Tea Party Express will hold an evening rally in Las Vegas.
What's hilarious is that the roadwork was most likely the result of stimulus money to help the crumbling infrastructure in this country. No doubt the Tea Baggers protested were up in arms. And of course had the road work not been done, would have complained about the poor condition of the road and blamed the Government for not fixing it. That's because they are stupid.
"No doubt they'll spin it as some Commie pinko plot to stop their buses."
Of course they will. They're not mad about the Stimulus bill per se, just that it was used on infrastructure jobs...i.e., construction workers union. Had it been spent on crap the GOP consistently supports, like more tax cuts or deductions only the top 5% of wealthy Americans could take advantage of, they wouldn't give a sh-t. This, however, is unacceptable in their eyes because employed construction workers can afford their dues.
Oops, all those employed folks doing roadwork; was that stimulus money? Ouch, that must hurt those Tb'ers! Wish a giant crevass would open up on that road and swallow them once and for all. Don't these folks have jobs or are they all retired older types with nothing else to do?
I wonder if the road work is being funded by the stimulus package to which the Tea Party is so irrationally opposed. It would serve them right.
Someone should stop it all together,most of AMERICA PEOPLE about 80% just want them to shut-up and go away forever.and that go for SARAN PALIN to,we are tired of hearing that stupid woman take about stuff she know nothing about and that politics.
Good !!!!! Is there not a very, very large hole they could ALL fall in .
CNN please smarten up and stop focusing in on Garbage Info !!!!!
This is hilarious. Not only is the Tea Party using our socialist highway system to spread their message but they were most likely stopped by some stimulus funded road repairs. I can see the Fox News headlines now: "Obama tries to stop Tea Party Express."
And the road and roadwork was paid for by taxes, taxes, taxes. The money to do the road work did not come from corporate gifts. Some of the money might even have come from the federal gov't. If it wasn't for the federal gov't and income taxes there would be no interstate highway system for the Tea Express to drive along. Remember the days when there were few interstate roads? I do. When you left a town or state sometimes you couldn't drive because the next town or state's road was so bad. Sometimes a paved road would turn into a dirt road.
WHY is this news? SO silly. The Tea Party candidates are SO inept that the Republicans should be embarrassed!
Here is a list of TeaParty-nuts:
1. O'Donnel: does not have a clue about the U.S. Constitution, but likes to quote it and "clarify"!
2. Joe Miller of Alaska running for the Senate: wants to repeal Healthcare Reform, Medicare & privatize Social Security. When he did not like what a web reporter was asking of him, he had his security detail handcuff the man, do we live in freedom or not? Also, Joe calls Medicare "generational welfare" Tell the Seniors about this nut!
3. Sharron Angel: where to begin??? She is a nut, telling Latino students that they look "Asian" .... complaining that Harry Reid is too rich! Also wants to privatize Social Security, she considers Medicare socialism. Republicans in Nevada regret voting for her in the primary!
4. Iott running in Ohio, a Nazi-wanabe.
5. Paladino running for the NY governorship forwarded sexually explicit emails; he is a bigot and tries to hide it, etc., etc.
6. Jan Brewer of AZ: a racist and totally inept
7. Rand Paul....... he is a nut, calling for the repeal of the Civil Rights Act; he too would like to see an end to Social Security & Medicare!
8. Dan Maes running for governor in Colorado, was asked to step down by the GOP for embellishing his record as policeman in Kansas!
9. Linda McMahon (CT) running for the Senate: wants to repeal Minimum Wage, which will affect all our teenagers and the working poor!
I ask the Republican Party these are the best candidates you can offer America???????
Shouldn't they be working, or trying to find work if unemployed?
"Shouldn't they be working, or trying to find work if unemployed?"
Indeed. I'm telling you...the first stop for those buses should be the next farm they pass where there are migrant workers, so they can "take back" our jobs. Then, the bus drivers, relieved and relaxed, can drive away with an empty bus sans screaming lunatic bigots.
Maybe it should read "Tea Party activists, entertainers for the tour and journalists riding along all milled about on the side of the road" wondering how they became part of a caravan of idiocy stranded in the wasteland of Nevada.
The headline should have said "Tea Party Express Buses Stopped by Stimulus Road Project".
Gotta wonder...being out there in the middle of nowhere like that...how do they still manage to get reception on their tinfoil hats?
Stimulus money stopped the tea-drinkers express!!
That's how it will be in Nov.
The voters will pour out all the tea.
Really? Exactly how do you know it was funded by the stimulous? The article did not say!
Funny! The teabaggers express caravan is stopped by road construction (possibly stimulus money but I bet they didn't care) and the half term didn't jump out to talk or see and be seen? Isn't what's her face (until she herself won't recognize herself in a mirror)supposed to be on the bus? Do I have the wrong caravan of retards?
I am surprised if this is her tour that she didn't jump out to see and be seen.
BTW – cnn or anyone have pictures of the half term in 2008 and now? It starts with her teeth to botox and something else.