October 20th, 2010

Obama requests emergency stay of 'don't ask, don't tell' order

Washington (CNN) - Finding itself in a strange legal position, the Obama administration filed an emergency request Wednesday with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to stop the military from allowing openly gay troops from serving.

In effect, the administration wants to continue barring gays from the military even though it ultimately favors repealing the policy known as "don't ask, don't tell."

FULL STORY

1. Concerned Voter

Thank you, Mr. President, for standing up for equality.

October 20, 2010 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  2. stufit

Sure would have been wonderful if he had reacted to the BP oil spill or the Tennessee flooding that fast. But being Obama, I believe he must have been on one of those vacations the rest of us can't afford at those times. LIfe in the land of Obozo.

October 20, 2010 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  3. vic nashville tn

President are you supporting don’t ask don’t tell or are you against don’t ask don’t tell

Why are you waiting on congress to repeal don’t ask don’t tell

Better you prepare a good answer before you appear in The Daily show with Jon Stewart.

October 20, 2010 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  4. T'SAH from Virginia

All of those who are for the REPEAL for DADT – better get out there and VOTE!!! If we allow the FAR-RIGHT Extreme GOP acting like they are NOT the Tea Party WIN in November – you can KISS DADT and any hope of it getting REPEALED – GOODBYE!!!

WAKE UP and smell the CORRUPTION and OBSTRUCTION coming from the FAR RIGHT!!! Get out and VOTE to STOP IT!!!

T’is T’SAH and I approve this message!!!!

October 20, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  5. yup yup

WOW you dems are do full of hate.

October 20, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  6. angry liberal

Obama:
    I am in favor of gay rights just not right now.
    I am in favor of ending the wars just not right now.
    I am in favor of immigration reform just not right now.
    I am in faovr of wall street reform but I'd rather give them money right now.
    I am in favor of hope but not actually doing anything.

October 20, 2010 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  7. gt

obama said he was going to do away with dont ask,,,, why is he appealing something he wants.....bi-polar...

October 20, 2010 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |