October 21st, 2010

Bush on 'What I got right, what I got wrong'

(CNN) – Miss President George W. Bush?

Well he's back!

The former president is out with a YouTube video previewing his upcoming book, "Decision Points," set to be released November 9.

In the three-minute video, Bush says he decided to take an "untraditional approach" to his memoir, forgoing an "exhaustive, chronological account of my life and years in office."

Might that be an off-hand reference to Bill Clinton's 1,008-page tome, "My Life?"

"I wanted to give readers a glimpse of the presidency from my perspective," says Bush. "That meant focusing on the most demanding and important part of the job: making decisions."

Bush goes on to say the first decision he writes about was the pivotal one he made at age 40: to quit drinking. Other decisions he details include deploying American troops to Iraq and signing off on a major bailout of the financial industry in 2008.

"I reflect on what I got right, what I got wrong, and what I'd do differently if I had the chance," Bush also says.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Alistair

George you had everything wrong under your leadership including the War and the Economy. PLEASE grows some horns on your head and your tail and crawl back to your cave and don't comeback!!!

October 21, 2010 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  2. Danny Cali

No thanks, you don't need to come back enough is enough.

October 21, 2010 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  3. Minnesotan

This should be the best and most amusing pop-up book ever made! I'm glad it will also be using small words so that conservatives, Tea Bags and inanimate objects can understand it.

October 21, 2010 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  4. Canuck

If there was any justice in this world he would be writing from a jail cell....

October 21, 2010 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  5. pw

I will not be buying this clown book!!. He can't speak english

October 21, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  6. ThinkAgain

So now that he's an ex-President, Bush is going to start admitting he makes mistakes? Why couldn't he do that while he was in office – and listen to people other than all the yes-men he surrounded himself with?

Think of the fortune in lives and treasure we could have saved ... starting with ignoring the August 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing that warned of imminent attack by Osama bin Laden using airplanes ...

October 21, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  7. Jess C

I look forward to hearing Bush taking some accountability for where our country is today and perhaps explaining how we were to fund the two wars. But, I'll wait for the Cliff Notes on this one. To his credit, he's been silent lately.

October 21, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  8. Republicans is smart in the head area

"I reflect on what I got right (just about nothing) what I got wrong (just about everything) and what I'd do differently" (you mean you're actually going to admit to mistakes unlike your embarrassing April 2004 press conference?)

The fact that there are people who consider this man a good President speaks to the collective stupidity of the right wing.

October 21, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  9. Phil

The chapter on what he got wrong probably makes up the whole book.

October 21, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  10. KatR

It would be worth it to read this book and learn what Bush thought was right or wrong in comparison to what We the People thought about those decisions. Unfortunately, right or wrong, our country is now dealing with those decisions....a risk Americans take in a government of, by and for the people. I've always envisioned Bush as a puppet for Cheney ambitions. Maybe I'm wrong.

October 21, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  11. Tired of all the nonsense

How many seconds does it take for him to say "I was wrong about everything and I take full responsibility."

October 21, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  12. June in Chicago

Personally, I thing GW was a puppet to Rove, Cheney and the like. I think he has a good heart, but got caught up with a bunch of crooks and that was his downfall. Rove and Cheney both belong behind bars as traitors to the Nation.

October 21, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |