October 26th, 2010

Fiorina in hospital

(CNN) - California Republican Senate candidate Carly Fiorina is in the hospital for an infection related to reconstructive surgery after her battle with breast cancer, Fiorina's campaign announced.

Statement from campaign:

"Carly learned more than a year and a half ago that she, like millions of women, had breast cancer. After successfully battling cancer, she had reconstructive surgery this summer and remains cancer free today. However, this morning Carly came down with an infection associated with the reconstructive surgery and, as a result, she was admitted to the hospital to receive antibiotics to treat this infection. While this will impact her campaign schedule today, Carly is upbeat and her doctors expect her to make a quick and full recovery and be back out on the campaign trail soon. Carly is looking forward to getting back to her full campaign schedule and to defeating Barbara Boxer on November 2."

The campaign for Fiorina's Democratic opponent Sen. Barbara Boxer responded to the news.

"We wish Carly Fiorina a speedy recovery and hope she is able to return to her normal schedule soon," Rose Kapolczynski, Boxer campaign manager said in a statement.

Filed under: 2010 • California • Carly Fiorina
  1. Todd

But did she have to kill HP in the process?

October 26, 2010 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  2. Syko

America needs you to get well, Ms. Fiorino.

October 26, 2010 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  3. SmallBizOwner

Get better Carly, WE NEED YOU!!!

October 26, 2010 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  4. John Smith

Sympathy ploy by Fiorina. If there's nothing wrong why is she there? She knows the value of those breast cancer voters.
    Maybe she should drop out.

October 26, 2010 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  5. Anonymous

I wish her well, however why is she hospitalized for anit-biotics? There is either something more to this or she is using her illness as a campaign ploy.
    Sorry, but now days anything is possible.

October 26, 2010 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  6. Ain'tNoPlanB

Desperate times call for desperate measures. This woman still let's her boobs do all the magic. She's a snake trying to gather the sympathy vote. I'm not buying it. If I am wrong, then I am correct in saying that she's physically unfit for the job – the election isn't even over.

Boxer (the lesser of 2 evils) still gets my vote. This "Leona Helmsley re-incarnate" needs to find another company to leave in ruins and get the hell out of Sacramento.

October 26, 2010 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  7. Vote for the best candidates

I can't believe that CA voters are even considering Boxer. Not only does she have the ego - thinking that she's 'earned' her senate seat, but she's uber rich and a complete buffoon. Just listen to her speak and communicate. She's also voted for uber bad policies. Vote against the kook for that, if nothing else.

Fiorina understands economics, jobs and business. California (and the US) need representatives that can allow our economy to grow–instead of killing it with silly legislation like Cap and Trade and Obamacare.

*I added the 'rich' because democrats, for silly some reason, think that only republicans have money.

October 26, 2010 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  8. Mika from california

Im not a fan of hers but I hope she has a quick recovory.

October 26, 2010 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  9. No Tea For Me

I wish her the best and hopes she has a quick recovery. I hope she takes care of herself first. I have a close relative that has been in remission for 13 years from breast cancer.

October 26, 2010 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  10. kabong30

Regardless of politics, here's to a speedy recovery.

October 26, 2010 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  11. Marge

And why in the world do people need reconstructive surgery. I had breast cancer and said what the H.... I'd wear a bra with a pad and people didn't like it tough luck on them. I want to know is her health good enough for her to run. I sure don't feel like I could take on a stressful job like being a Senator. she ought to be enjoying herself with her family. I know I am.

October 26, 2010 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  12. S. in California Laughing In Anticipation Of How Well Democrats Turnout At The Polls

While I'm certainly NOT going to vote for her, I am not going to wish her bad health either. I guess the stress over losing got to her.

October 26, 2010 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  13. a little sad

Don't want her to win, but hope she gets well soon.

October 26, 2010 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  14. Video Guy

I hope she is out and back spreading misinformation real soon. I also worry if she has Health Insurance to cover this, she is unemployed.

October 26, 2010 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  15. JungleCogs

Good thing she doesn't have ObamaCare!

October 26, 2010 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  16. suecalif887

Carly, I hope you will get well soon and get back on the campaign trail.
    I am rooting for you , and hopes that you win.
    I am urging all my friends and family to vote for you.

October 26, 2010 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  17. Steve Jones

Carly, we're pulling for you....get well. California is on your side.

October 26, 2010 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  18. Alice

I have walked in your shoes. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will get through this. This country needs you.

October 26, 2010 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  19. Otto

How nice that she's got fantastic health insurance that will pay for this inpatient help. So sad she's paying millions for the ability to deny so many others that help.

October 26, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  20. John G

I wish her the best and I'm voting for her in 1 week.

October 26, 2010 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  21. heidi

Prayers for this woman. No one deserves a disease like this.

October 26, 2010 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  22. Brandon

Best of luck to her. I have no intentions on voting for her. But I hope for her speedy and quick recovery.

October 26, 2010 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  23. Bill

I wish her teh best health-wise but I sure hope she loses the election.

October 26, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  24. Caral from SoCal

And I look forward to voting for her. Best of luck, Carly, in getting past the infection just like you got past the cancer.

October 26, 2010 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  25. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Many years ago Illinois Senator Chuck Percy was trailing in the polls when he collapsed at a television studio after a debate with his opponent – a debate he lost bady. Because Percy was a Christian Scientist, he refused medical treatment and decided to "recuperate at home." The sympathy vote picked up and he nosed out his opponent in a race where he was well behind. Similar situation here? I hope not. But if Fiorina gets sick this easy, how can she expect to serve out a term responsibly?

October 26, 2010 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |