October 28th, 2010

Bush's favorite iPad app

(CNN) – Former President George Bush has gone high tech.

First, the two-term president hits YouTube to promote his new book.

Now, we learn he is an iPad addict.

That's according to wife Laura, who told Yahoo news it's hard to break her husband away from the popular Apple gadget.

"He reads the Wall Street Journal on it in the morning before the paper even is thrown," Mrs. Bush said.

The former first lady added the ex-president's favorite app is Scrabble.

"Scrabble is the one that George now seems to be playing constantly," she said. "Like, I'm trying to get his attention; 'I'm still here.'"

As for Mrs. Bush, she doesn't have an iPad but says she is hoping to get one on her upcoming birthday.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert, but....

I thought his favorite gadget was Speak and Spell. Have a nice day!

October 28, 2010 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  2. Thomas

Now that he is out of office George starts reading news papers? If only he had done that while in office he might have learned something important.

I am sure he is having problems playing Scrabble. It seems he just can't find the W, M, and D tiles anywhere.

October 28, 2010 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  3. CorpAmerica

He must of found the calculator app....lol

October 28, 2010 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  4. Peace

Karl Rove really wants serious people when it comes to deal with serious matters. He warned us about Christine O'Donnell and we have all witnessed her shortfalls. Sarah wants to seat in the White House and earn the title without working hard to reach there. Presidents job is 1000 tougher than that of a Governor. Tough jobs requires hardworking people and who are committed to it, but in the eyes of many, Sarah has not showed any initiatives.

October 28, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  5. jim

He is an expert at the WMD app.....

October 28, 2010 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  6. P.E.Rich

It's really an ETCH-A-SKETCH disguised as an iPad...........

October 28, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  7. Really?

There is just too much material here to choose from. Does his wife know she is participating so eloquently in our satirizing her husband by suggesting Scrabble is his favorite game? I guess it might sell books.

October 28, 2010 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  8. RightCoastVA

Sounds like a normal guy living a normal life...Amazing how politics washes the humanity away.

If anything it tells me, stay the hell out of politics.

October 28, 2010 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  9. John

I bet it's a color-by-numbers app.

October 28, 2010 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  10. snackbar

Bush looks better all the time. Still, I figured his favorite app would be "The Google."

October 28, 2010 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  11. gr8tp8ntr

wonder how long it took him to figure out how to turn it on?

October 28, 2010 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  12. T'SAH from Virginia

BUSH is slowly 'slipping back into the news' – I wonder WHAT'S UP!!!!???

October 28, 2010 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  13. Anonymous

The former first lady has to wait for a birthday to get a ipad????

October 28, 2010 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  14. lol

Can't find "WMD" tiles, classic!

October 28, 2010 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  15. Bob

I thought Fox News was his favorite app.

October 28, 2010 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  16. Dominican mama 4 Obama

It appears that with most stories dealing with the Shrub, it is Mrs. Bush lending support or validation to his comments. I'll take Laura doing the talking for him versus Chaney any day.

October 28, 2010 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  17. fryguy34

Say what you will but Bush looks like a genius compared to what we have now....

October 28, 2010 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  18. Patch

I imagine the words, "Strategery isn't in the OSPD?" have been uttered once or twice...

October 28, 2010 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  19. Samuel Prime

We want him to come back as president.

October 28, 2010 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  20. E1atoM

Very smart this ex-prez is for Scrabble being his favorite I-Pad game. You see he never looses because he makes up the words as he goes, just like when in office. I bet the village of Crawford is sooo happy to have him back. (-;

October 28, 2010 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  21. Eric

I'm guessing he doesn't get many triple word scores...

October 28, 2010 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  22. Ken Bennett, Lincoln Park Michigan

Leave W alone he has finally embraced his internets

October 28, 2010 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  23. Dave

I hope someone tells him that writing in crayon on an iPad with void the warranty...

October 28, 2010 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  24. Shaniqwa Mohammed

He's playing the DEMOCRAT'S LOSE AGAIN IN NOVEMBER game. And Bush wins – again!
    He's playing the ONE TERM OBAMA game. And Bush wins – again.
    You sorry sack of crap liberals should learn to play THE BUCK STOPS HERE game. But unfortunately, you just keep blaming Bush for all of this country's problems. How long can that last? Until November 2010, I guess. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

October 28, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  25. Steve

It's probably an Etch-A-Sketch. Has anyone seen him try to shake it?

October 28, 2010 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |