October 30th, 2010

New polls, races still close

(CNN) – New poll numbers released show the so-called battleground states of the mid-term election are still battlegrounds.

According to new McClatchy-Marist poll numbers released Saturday, the races in Colorado, Pennsylvania, Washington and Wisconsin remain closely contested three days before Election Day.

In Colorado, Republican Tea Party-backed candidate Ken Buck leads Democrat Sen. Michael Bennet among likely voters, 49 percent to 45 percent.

In Pennsylvania, Republican Pat Toomey leads Democratic Rep. Joe Sestak among likely voters, 52 percent to 45 percent.

In Washington, incumbent Democratic Senator Patty Murray and Republican challenger Dino Rossi are neck and neck among likely voters, Murray with 49 percent and Rossi with 48 percent.

In Wisconsin, Republican Ron Johnson leads incumbent Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold 52 percent to 45 percent, among likely voters.

The polls have a sampling error of plus or minus 5 percentage points, which means the contests in these four states are dead heats.

–CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report

Filed under: 2010 • Colorado • Pennsylvania • Polls • Washington • Wisconsin
  1. vic nashville tn

Mainstream media (specially FOX) or politicians doesn’t get the today’s restore sanity rally message

Every day posting the polls really we don’t know how far these polls accurate tired hearing these polls

October 30, 2010 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  2. Lynn

The Republicans are chomping at the bit to get their high-rolling big business buddies back in control. Would you return to a doctor who messed up? How can anyone vote for Republican's this time around when they crashed and burned our country almost into oblivion when in control last time. They are insanity tied up in a bow of Sarah Palin's making.

October 30, 2010 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  3. Truth squad

Actually many of the Republicans that messed up were tossed out in primaries by Tea Party candidates.

Nice lie Lynn. I know, I know, only Democrats can get credit for cleaning things up around Washington, so let's forget the facts.

October 30, 2010 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  4. I Support President Obama

I think republicans may get suprised on Tuesday and should not start measuring for drapes. There is a majority in this country just like in 2008 that remember how the republicans our country.

October 30, 2010 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  5. Liz the First

It's mind-nubing to think any Democrat anywhere is in trouble. after all the great things they and Obama have accomplished, they should all be shoe-ins, along with every other Democratic candidate. the republicans' behavior the past two years is disgraceful! lies and obstructionism and fearmongering don't solve the country's problems! they made a decision to destroy Obama's presidency and the American people are collateral damage. they don't deserve a single vote or a single seat. they've done nothing to deserve it. anyone who votes for these loonies is a sucker. we will be a very sorry country if the repugs take even one house of congress.

October 30, 2010 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  6. Lib Hunter

I agree with the poster who questioned these so-called msm polls. I think the Repuicands that they have up by four or so points as well as the ones that supposedly tied with their radical anti American Liberal opponent will actually go on to win by 10 or more points, just like Scott Brown in Mass. LMFAO Libs are doomed. Imam Obamas agenda will soon be crushed. Thank God for Real Americans. Nov 2 coming soon. Tick Tock Libs TickTock

October 30, 2010 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  7. Bessy

Please folks, get out there and vote Democrat. It is the only chance that our country has. The Republicans have so many " scary " idiots running for office, just imagine them running our country and dealing with the world.

October 30, 2010 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  8. larry csehil

Hahaha. The dems going down in glorious flames. I love it. You people STILL don't get it. I almost feel sorry for you. Give Barney Frank and Chris Todd some truth serum then ask why the housing market crashed

October 30, 2010 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  9. LaVon

Lol...Lynn you took the words right out of my mouth...I couldn't agree more.

October 30, 2010 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  10. Bob in Pa

It's close in Pa cause they think they can still get away with Voter fraud. Make as many polls and the news sound like it's close then fix the vote. Driving around western Pa neighborhoods Toomey yard signs outnumber Sestek by a least 5 to 1. You can lie to the nation, but you can't sneek this one by the residents.

October 31, 2010 01:50 am at 1:50 am |
  11. Bob in Pa

Just a a side note Vic, the restore sanity rally message was nothing more than comedians on stage. They had no message, they were just full of satire out for a few laughs. However it was very heartfelt when they honored Anderson Coopers teeshirt.

October 31, 2010 01:53 am at 1:53 am |
  12. frag

The generic Republican doesn't exist, that's why I'm voting for the nonexistent Guy/Gal on the nonexistent ballot in the nonexistent race. Then I don't need to worry about reality. I can just waste my time reading how some news organization wasted their time gathering this worthless information.

October 31, 2010 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  13. the real ib

I will vote republican this time and I am an independent voter who has had enough of this insanity of Obama's and the demo's out of controll spending and ramming bills down our throats that we don't want. My health ins. is going up and my wife's who is disabled secondary ins. is going up by $50 per month thanks to the great thing called Obamacare. It's time for a real change.

October 31, 2010 08:42 am at 8:42 am |