November 1st, 2010

Obama heads to Seacrest

(CNN) - First "The View," then "The Daily Show" and now "On Air with Ryan Seacrest?"

President Obama will fill the airwaves on Election Day for his first interview with Ryan Seacrest, the radio DJ and host of "American Idol," according to the White House.

Seacrest took to his Facebook page Monday to elicit questions.

The interview will be available on his website after it airs. "On Air" is syndicated to hundreds of stations across the country.

According to Deputy White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, the president taped the Seacrest spot, as well as a spot on Russ Parr and Steve Harvey's shows Monday afternoon. He also did local radio interviews with hosts in Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Honolulu and Miami.

Filed under: 2010 • President Obama
  1. Kate

At least the President is not hiding from the media.

November 1, 2010 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  2. shitaye g

i love obama i will vote for him 2012 i can't weight.

November 1, 2010 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  3. jeanette johnson

I Think That We As Americans Should Stick Together And Help Our President And Stop Putting Him Down He Has Done Well I Must Say Much Better Than Mr. Bush

November 1, 2010 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  4. zk

obama stand for me thank you obama

November 1, 2010 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  5. ChumBucket

He's going to do an interview with the host of "Dancing with the stars"?

Wow, hard hitting stuff.

November 1, 2010 07:14 pm at 7:14 pm |
  6. DCCalifornian

Who has the right to decide what is or is not "beneath" the President of the United States. If you ask me, I would rather my President spend 15 minutes being interviewed on a popular radio show then spend copious amounts of time on some random ranch in Texas.

Only 36% of 18-25 year olds vote during presidential election years. This number goes down significantly during non-election years. My guess is that he is doing this interview to encourage the youth vote. A worthwhile cause to all of those who believe in democracy....

November 1, 2010 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  7. S. in California Laughing In Anticipation Of How Well Democrats Turnout At The Polls

Do what you have to do Mr. President and do it well. Those who don't like it tough.

November 1, 2010 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  8. duke1958

Well, I for one will be glad when this election cyle is over. Whatever the outcome, our politico's need to come together to get this economy back on track. Can we have some COMPROMISING! Work together for the common good and get people back to work for crying out loud!

November 1, 2010 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  9. Ann

where are those idiots explaining me how 'normal' it is to see Mr. Obama in full campaign these days? Entertaining is even better, Mr. President.

November 1, 2010 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |