November 1st, 2010

Paladino walks out of interview

(CNN) - Carl Paladino, the Republican gubernatorial candidate in New York, cut short a television interview with CNN affiliate WCAX after the reporter repeatedly asked whether recent remarks he made about New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand are "sexist."

Filed under: 2010 • Carl Paladino
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

If you can't stand the heat, RUN! Seems like the republican strategy for Sharon "Obtuse" Angle, Christine "Elvira" McDonnell and now Carl "I'm a Racist Pervert" Paladino.

November 1, 2010 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  2. Moe

Finally, a man that has cojones!!! That stupid lady went on about trivial matters when this state and country have enormous issues....good for him, I would have walked off too.....most people are sick and tired of these upper west side elitist.

November 1, 2010 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  3. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

Carl Paladino is a blight on mankind, BUT
    ASKED AND ANSWERED AND ANSWERED AND ANSWERED!
    Under the circumstances, it was not unreasonable of him to want to move on. Not that there is much that he could do or ssy to lift his numbers, but COME ON, have more than one topic ready to discuss!

November 1, 2010 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  4. Bruce

That's Crazy Carl for you - he has no ego, but he sure has an id, and as many an interviewer has discovered, he's not housebroken, either. LOL

November 1, 2010 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  5. diridi

America, if you are having brain, go and vote Dem....good luck, and god bless....

November 1, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

Considering the amount of TeaPers candidates that will be elected into office this mid-term elections, I imagine this walking out of interviews by TeaPers will be an all too common occurrence. While I will be the first to admit they are amusing, whether they can govern is a question yet to be answered. Reminds me of the batch that got elected in '94. Their leader from that election cycle (Tom Delay) is now on trial for money laundering. Some things never change within the GOP. Lack of leadership, lack of integrity spells disaster. Too bad the GOPer disasters always fall on the backs of the middle class.

November 1, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  7. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert, but...

Danged liberal media conspiracy! Have a nice day!

November 1, 2010 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  8. Clark Wilhelm Griswald

It's the new right-wing way, championed by Sharron Angle – never talk to the press. That way you can keep any and all ugly secrets hidden and skeletons on the closet. Expect to see more of it, even though it is totalitarian in nature, the opposite of the constitution that they pretend to champion.

November 1, 2010 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  9. IHTCF

I am almost certain it will be the crime of the century if this vile human becomes the Governor of New York.

November 1, 2010 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  10. Maggie

Mr. Paladino did the right thing by walking away. She did not want to discuss issues but kept asking the same stupid question over and over. What about Brown whose aide called Meg Whitman a whore. Where were the questions about that? I am a woman and I do not mind being called a girl. Makes me feel young!!!! So what!!! I imagine the word whore is much worse than girl. You did the right thing Mr. Paladino and I applaud you for it. I wonder if this reporter was called whore how she would feel against being called girl. Which word is worse?

November 1, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  11. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Well, at lest he didn't:
    Threaten to "take her out".
    Tell her she was talking "crap".
    Tell her that as a candidate he was NOT giving interviews to the press.
    Tell her to "Shut up!"
    Or, stomp on her face.

Let's look at the positive side of this folks!!

November 1, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  12. keepstufingthis

Clark Griswald, I guess he should only go on cream puff shows with idolizing supporters like our corrupt, inept, ineffective, incompetent, union toady president.

November 1, 2010 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  13. Dominican mama 4 Obama

...Nor did Palladino excercise his Second Ammendment "option". Bless his self-controlling little heart!

November 1, 2010 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  14. Marie MD

palaround sexist? Say it ai';t so. I am sure there are a lot of sick people out there and he proved it with watching and forwarding an e-mail of a horse and a woman having sex.
    He has proven time and time again that he is a bully and a low class nobody. I am surprised he didn't try to fight her like he did the reporter who asked him about his family values "other family".

November 1, 2010 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  15. Don`t P _ _ on My Leg and Tell Me Its Raining

This is why Tea Partiers don`t do interviews. Sooner or later they will self destruct.

This is why Angle, Rand, Miller , Tomey, and O`Donnell are avoiding serious media like the plague.

Each has the potenital for a Palin/Couric moment (or Maddow / Paul moment if you like).

Paladino is a thug. Hopefully some of these other Tea Partier`s loose too.

November 1, 2010 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  16. Darth Vadik, CA

Little boy didn't like the game so he took his ball and went home, LOL

Republicans remind me of Ostriches, the dumbest birds around, "if I just bury my head in the sand, then everyone will forget what I said", seriously Republicans seek help because your insecurities alone are destroying this country.

Just because your daddy didn't hug you as a kid doesn't mean that you ATTACK a country like Iraq to prove your manhood.
    And the HYPOCRISY on the right is astounding, do you people forget what you said just 3 years ago?????????

November 1, 2010 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  17. Carmen

I don't support him or his comments, but this was little more than a Fox News style drive by smearing, rather than a discussion of the actual issues surrounding this election. I would have walked away too.

November 1, 2010 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  18. D Goldsmith

Whiler I am not an admirer of Paladino, I thought the persistence of your CNN reporter of carrying on about sexism in the interview was unprofessional and reflected clear bias on her part. Any sane candidate would throw up his arms and end an interview where the reporter continued to ask the same question over and over after it was answered. She got what she deserved by his terminating the interview and needs to grow up and learn how to conduct a dispassionate interview. He wanted to talk about issues- all she wanted to do was badger him about a comment he made and explained after her first question.

November 1, 2010 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  19. Andrew Lotze

Obviously not a popular comment, but he answered the reports question 3 times, and then walked out when asked a fourth time.... I don't blame him.

November 1, 2010 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  20. Tard

Terrible interviewer. Is she 12?

He made it clear she needed to move on, she refused, THEN when she was SURE he wasn't coming back, what did she say? "Don't you want to stay and talk about the issues?" knowing she had refused before.

I'm not defending Paladino, but that was a terrible interview.

November 1, 2010 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  21. Chuck

So the interviewer needs to find a new job. She sucks. To say "little girl" is not a sexist statement at all, but rather commenting on her youth and inexperience and needing someone to take her hand and make decisions for her. This reporter is a little girl in a big girls world of journalism and someday if she tries hard she may grow up and wear big girl shoes.

November 1, 2010 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  22. me

I'm not a republican and I don't know the entire situation but I heard nothing sexist. I mean when did "little girl" become a sexist remark. He wasn't gonna call her "little boy", I guess he could of went with "little kid"?

November 1, 2010 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  23. kevin c.

For the folks defending Mr. Paladino's exit from the interview please consider this... what is he going to do when he gets tired of listening to the voters and his constituents? What if the majority of the people of New York don't agree with him on any given subject and try to start –and keep open– a dialog that he doesn't want to listen too? Is he just going to walk away? I bet he will. That's not the kind of person I would want representing me. I'd rather see him stand his ground and put up a fight- even if I don't agree with his position. Walking away means that the only opinion that counts and should be heard is his own. That isn't serving the constituents; rather, that's narcissism.

November 1, 2010 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  24. Biggger Issues

When he finally did answer the question that should have been it... She made the mistake of saying.. "I think" I don't care what the reporter thinks. The one who is going to be thinking and making decisions is the next Governor of New York State and we have A LOT of problems right now. He answered the question in great detail.. he said what he thought and why he said it... whether you agree with it or not and when pressed he said "No"

I don't think i am going to vote for him, but I am glad he walked off... I wanna know how in the hell property taxes are gonna get lower and the essentials needs are going to get paid for at the same time... I could care less what he says or thinks about colleague.

Get that reporter or whoever wrote the line of questioning off the air... she wasted his time and mine.

November 1, 2010 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  25. WhatUTalkin'BoutWillis

By the tone of the voice from this reporter she had an agenda...I would have walked off too. He answered her question and she persisted with the same question. This was not what a reporter does, she was a sham. What do you know...she is a reporter for a CNN affiliate...that answers a lot of questions.

November 1, 2010 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |