November 1st, 2010

Palin: Politico report is 'crap'

(CNN) - Sarah Palin is making clear she's no fan of Politico – the news organization that published a story Sunday night quoting anonymous Republican sources saying GOP leaders will try to forestall a Palin White House bid.

"Politico, Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei, they're jokes," Palin told Fox News on Sunday night, referring to the writers of the story. "This is a joke to have unnamed sources tearing somebody apart limb by limb."

"If they would man up and if they would, you know, make these claims against me then I can debate them, I can talk about it, but to me they're making stuff up again," the former Alaska governor continued.

The comments came shortly after the website published a story by Allen and VandeHei that claimed establishment Republicans are deeply fretting the possibility of a Palin presidential campaign and will work behind the scenes to ensure it does not occur.

"I don't think the paper that we just printed this article on, you know, it's not worth even wrapping my King Salmon in," Palin also said of Politco. "I'll just ignore this crap."

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. pw

Sarah palin!!. WOMAN UP! You didn't serve your full term as governor, you. Made grandpa munster mccain looked foolish. You are racist and a religious hypocrite. This one woman who will not vote for your dumass! You caribou bitch

November 1, 2010 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  2. Mom of 3

Palin has no problem with commentators or reporters talking about anyone else and has no problem with the lies and misrepresentations perpetuated daily by Fox "news." It is only "crap" when they talk about her. I am sure the Politico story is correct. The GOP knows that if Palin gets the 2012 nomination they will lose by a landslide. She is such a whiny hypocrite. She won't even talk to the media (unless it is the conservative mouthpiece Fox) because they will expose how brainless she truly is.

November 1, 2010 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  3. SmarterHuman

EVERY thing Palin does is about anger, yelling, attacking. If she were a dog, we'd put her down for being rabid.

She's WAY too dangerous to lead anything.

November 1, 2010 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  4. carolinago

Attacking one of the more respectable moderate conservative news sites, are we Palin? Your political days are numbered.

November 1, 2010 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  5. trashcup

Hmmm...doesn't sound like she's ignoring this "crap" as she calls it or she wouldn't be talking about it. On Fox News Sunday she called CBS reporters "corrupt bastards" – a really poor choice of words when her own daughter is the mother of a bastard child.

Palin will never be elected to a national public office. All she is in it for is the cash. She found the golden goose like her partners in crime – Limbaugh, Beck, etc. How much does she charge for a political rally these days? $100,000 each appearance? Flying around in her private jet makes one think she is now part of the elite class. Bet she hasn't been to a kid's soccer game in a couple of years now.

November 1, 2010 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  6. S.B.

Why won't she just.....GO AWAY.......

November 1, 2010 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  7. Dave

"Crap" is the word that comes to mind when I think of Palin. She's a big gooshy sack of it, and some oozes out from time to time and defiles the world.

I can't take the Republicans seriously anymore. It's clear that they're either incredibly naiive and falling for the tricks of an obvious grifter, or they're theocrats who could care less about a candidate's competency as long as they spout some religion. Either way, the Republicans' judgement can't be trusted, because there's absolutely no reason to be enamored of Palin. She's nothing as a political candidate and a horrible sociopath of a person.

November 1, 2010 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  8. AEJ

Man up Sarah!!!!!

November 1, 2010 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  9. maine liberal

"If they would man up and if they would, you know, make these claims against me then I can debate them"

quoting anonymous Republican sources (so she would be debating republicans)

as for makin stuff up she would know:

“The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil,” Palin wrote last week.

November 1, 2010 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama

The half-gov must've been some kind of foul-mouthed, freakazoid, holy terro up there in Alaska. Just think: who the hell goes up to Alaska to check up on things, so to speak? This woman sounds like she's used to running amok, terrorizing those around her and getting away with it.
    I mean come on folks, she's NOT acting! This is the way SHE'S BEEN FOR YEARS! Now that she has to interact with the rest of the civilized world, she just can't put the BRAKES on what she's been, and still is: out-of-control, power hungry gold-digger.
    Three cheers for sister Sarah!! Trip,Trip. Whore-ay!!!!

November 1, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  11. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I can't blame the GOP. When it comes down to it, Palin isn't thinking and hopes other people don't think. She seems to make it cool to disregard and disrespect education and learning. I don't understand what is good about her. She doesn't seem to be more than an unthinking ideologue. Show me where she has a nuanced and clearly developed stance on an isssue.

November 1, 2010 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  12. rr

It seems to be that she is thinks she should be allowed to say pretty much anything she wants without recourse and critique away on every one else. She is a very selfish, tunnel vision, poisoning, political influence that may bring America down not up where it should be. I feel sorry for the US citizens that feel that she is a viable option to run this country. She speaks talking points....... nothing else.....

November 1, 2010 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  13. Gary, Hunt Valley, Md.

Spoken by the Queen of Crap. How could someone so rich and hot be so petty, mean-spirited and vapid? Wait a minute, she's a celebrity politician selling crap in the Land of the Free. Damn PT Barnum is right again....

November 1, 2010 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  14. KV

it's "limb from limb" not "limb by limb".

November 1, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  15. pw

Isn't fox news part of the corrupt media!!. I guess she didn't know before she open her mouth.

November 1, 2010 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  16. Jude

This shrill, truth challenged big-time political loser calls anyone "crap"? Even the sound of her voice has all the irritating resonance of fingernails on chalkboard. She couldn't even maintain her promise to Alaska voters to fulfill one-term. It's all about Sarah, in her own little dimwitted mind twenty four seven. In terms of likeability, she's right up their with Dick Cheney. I'll be glad to see her truth-challenged little protege, Christine O'Donnell, go down to defeat tomorrow.

November 1, 2010 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  17. Bill P

"If they would man up and if they would, you know, make these claims against me then I can debate them, I can talk about it, but to me they're making stuff up again," the quitter Alaska governor continued.

So Palin is now willing to do interviews?
    She is willing to sit down with these reporters and answer questions?
    Now I get the joke!
    Her name is Sarah Palin!

November 1, 2010 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  18. Confused

Why is Sarah Palin still being referenced in Politics instead of Entertainment? She holds no elected office, is not currently running for any office, gives predominately paid speeches and has a tv show on TLC which is now The Light Celebrity network since there is no Learning to be done there. She no more deserves political ranking then Limbaugh, Colbert or Stewart. They are all entertainers.

November 1, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  19. lulapeache

Remember, la Paylin only cares about getting all the media attention that she possibly can, which she then parlays into a fat paycheck. The article presented her with yet another golden opportunity to open her potty mouth and spew some poo.

November 1, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  20. Jude

P.S. – I just took another look at the photo of Madame Palin. Isn't that the look of sheer insanity in her eyes? Also, her fake ultra-white fangs look pretty trashy as well–if there was ever a representative of pure white trash it is Sarah Palin.

November 1, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  21. john henry

Please don't forget, we have John McCain to blame for all this crap.

November 1, 2010 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  22. Ted T.

Oh, Sarah, I don't give a crap what you say!

November 1, 2010 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  23. Laverne

It's alright for Obama to be her and the republicans pushing bag, but when it comes to her everybody should just lay off and oh yea "SHUT UP"! I don't think so, if she plans on staying in the ring, she just better get use to it, cause it hasn't even gotten brutal yet. Time will tell if she really is a baracuda!

November 1, 2010 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  24. Canadian Jim

I wish all you democrats would shut up about her. With the ruckus you make, the Republicans are starting to figure it out, if you'd just kept quiet about it, the Republicans would have annointed her in 2012 (wiht Christine O'Donnell as VP) and we could have all enojyed Palin-Obama debates! It would be better than the first episodes every season of American Idol.Act like you're afraid of her and the idiot Republicans will put her forward in 2012. And oh, how we'll laugh and laugh.

November 1, 2010 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |