November 2nd, 2010

Angle 'cautiously optimistic' at Senate prospects

Las Vegas, Nevada (CNN) – After casting her vote in Nevada, Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle said, with a laugh and a smile, that she's "cautiously optimistic."

But asked what she'd do once sworn in she was all business.

"Well I think it's the first act of business that the people of America and the people of Nevada want, and that is: Repeal Obamacare and to make the tax cuts permanent. And that should happen even before we're sworn in," Angle said.

Filed under: 2010 • Nevada • Sharron Angle
  1. John Scott in Huntington Beach

Good idea...repeal health insurance for children and remove the pre-existing conditions ban. That'll be good for the nation and probably win you a lot of votes. Moron.

November 2, 2010 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  2. Pretzel Logic

Sure Sharon. Obviously you have no clue as to how the Senate operates. Your first order of duty should the lunatic fringe in Nevada actually vote you in is that you will be required to wash Mitch McConnell's car. After that comes a lot of laundry from K Street. Please don't think you'll actually be allowed to speak in public again.

November 2, 2010 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  3. Janet in Oregon

We're planning to retire to Nevada, but the very thought of Sharron Angle as our senator makes my skin crawl. If she wins, the only hope is that she will not be taken seriously in the Senate, and her radical ideas regarding health care, Medicare, and Social Security will be dust in the wind.

November 2, 2010 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  4. William Feader

Up here in Canada we have a hard time understanding why the 'greatest country on earth' can not seem to find the money to protect it's citizens from predatory health care. We've done it for 50 years now and we are not broke so what's your problem?
    I guess the real reason is more black than white eh.

November 2, 2010 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  5. Colin

If she wins tomorrow and the vast majority of the population wakes up to what has happened, does she still support those "2nd Amendment remedies" should they be used against her?

November 2, 2010 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  6. jhoger

What do Republicans have against fixing rules and incentives in the private insurance industry to bring 30 million uninsured Americans in out of the cold?

They say ObamaCare but what they really mean is that they don't want any riff raff going to see their doctor. "We The People" are hosing ourselves.

November 2, 2010 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  7. jim engle

Clever – your first order of fiscal responsibility is to put us in dept for 700 Billion so the 2[

November 2, 2010 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  8. NameSusieqlv

What Sharon Angle and her supporters do not want to accept is that repealing healthcare is actually business as usual... Leaving the big problems to someone else ( our children I guess), as each year the cost of doing nothing will rise exponentially!

November 2, 2010 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  9. jim engle

Great, your first order of business is to give the super rich a hand. The compassion is overwhelming.
    I have considered changling my last name (Engle) because it sounds like yours. And I don't wantto be associated

November 2, 2010 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  10. Rich Stevens

If Sharon Angle gets elected i will no longer be MOR, she will swing me harder left. A mindless Republican committee automaton who, along with Wisconsins Ron Johnston will need map directions to Washington. If Bachmann is still around maybe she can have Angle moron and Palin over to discuss how they will turn our country into what it once was, an artic glacier covered in ice.

November 2, 2010 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  11. Keithro

While repealing the Obamacare health insurance bailout is great – I would like to see the pre-existing conditions ban to remain law.

November 2, 2010 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  12. Kenneth Brown

OMG...why is she the front runner and most likely the new senator? What is wrong with everyone? I feel like I am in an episode of The Twilight Zone! Even here in liberal Hawaii where I live people are flocking to the polls to vote for the Republican on the ticket. It took eight crazy years of Bush before the People reacted loudly and voted them out, but only 20 months of Obama who has done nothing but fix Bush's errors and the country goes nuts. Go Canada!!

November 2, 2010 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  13. S mallory

I cannot believe that the free thinking people of Nevada have elevated this woman. Makes me sad to live in the State.

November 2, 2010 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  14. Bob

I can't fathom why anyone would want bigger government...

November 2, 2010 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |