November 2nd, 2010

Excited, angry, proud, Americans turn out to vote

The midterm battle comes to the forefront tonight. It's Election Day in America, and you won't miss a result by following CNN, starting at 7 ET tonight. Share your election experiences with CNN iReport.

Washington (CNN) - They're voting because they they want to boot the incumbents out. They're voting to teach their kids about their rights and responsibilities. They're voting because "democracy rocks."

All across the United States, millions of Americans are voting in midterm elections that look set to deliver a big setback to President Barack Obama.
FULL STORY

Filed under: 2010
  1. stevegee

In 2008, Obama and the Democrats totally misread their election win – voters wanted "change" in Washington, not a fundamental change to our republic. So today, November 2nd, 2010, voters across this nation will reject the Socialist agenda of Obama, Pelosi and Reid, and we will vote overwhelmingly for Republicans. And then, "hope" will return from coast to coast.

November 2, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  2. Elena

November 2, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  3. barry

Yes, a pretty big set back to Obama would be accurate.

November 2, 2010 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  4. stufit

Obama and the libs can deny it all they want (don't mind, they are only fooling themselves) that today's vote is really a referendum on the Obama presidency. It is indeed that, it is also about politicians who play to a one constituency and then to another to actually get elected (lying). It is about arrogance (Pelosi and Reid calling voters names because they do not agree), fear mongering (Grayson saying Republicans want you dead and Republicans will cut your social security), race (the Philadelphia incident and being called racist if you oppose the left wing). I remember the day after the 2008 election, to sit down and shut up, the liberals won. We all remember the arrogance, intimidation and name calling. The neat thing is the democrat liberals don't learn (heck they still think the Great Society was a success and are trying to reinvigorate it) and that is good for us. They stopped representing the real working people of American and now represent the fringe and loonies, that is why so many of us left them. Enjoy today and tomorrow republicans and conservatives and gird yourselves for the big battle in 2012. We have stopped the spread of the infection, in 2012 we must surgically remove the cause of the misery.

November 2, 2010 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  5. Alex

And that's all you right-wing taliban care about, huh? For our black President not to succeed, whatever the price to America.

You're in the same circle as Al Quaeda, you know that right?

November 2, 2010 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  6. Sweep

Everyone I have asked has already voted. Its a happy day that we are getting rid of a bunch of dead weight in DC.

November 2, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  7. maf

@stevegee, wow, you got the same message on all boards. . .did you robocall it in???
    It's not even time for the polls to close and you have made such vast statements regarding ALL Americans.
    I'm sure you don't speak for all, be careful about your "Hopes".

November 2, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  8. Lynda/Minnesota

Three quarters of the people voting today haven't a clue what they are voting for, or why. It will be humorous to listen to them grumble once reality sets in. I have my list of what I expect from Boehner, should he become Speaker. This time, I won't be taking NO for an answer.

November 2, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  9. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

Elena
    "Let's vote for those who will enable all Americans the opportunity to rise and fall on their own merits..to chase and live the American dream and to find happiness in their own choices, instead of trying to create a country that cannot fail and thus cannot succeed; the creation not of unity but of a uniform of oppression, a socialist power monger that is destroying our freedom."
    November 2, 2010 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |

Yeah, like a meritocracy is even possible given the pervasiveness of corporate control and institutionalised classism. I suppose those who don't have the connections or luck to succeed can just starve to death, leaving more pie for the hard-charging John Galts of this world. Jesus would be so proud of y'all. Have a nice day!

November 2, 2010 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  10. Duck Fallas

Good Lord, you right wingers really are nuts. It must be miserable being perpetually frightened and angry.

You'll all be forgoing your Socialist Medicare tomorrow, right?

November 2, 2010 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  11. Hamlet

Obama can lead us to confront important issues, but he can't make us think. We chose ignorance and fear over change, which gets labelled socialist by people who don't understand the word– just the vague fear and anger it stirs, so that the discussion remains emotional, irrational and divisive. Obama has not failed, our inept and corrupt Congress has. Look who the major lobbyists are (ex-Congressman, mostly Republicans)... ah well, we are a nation of dumb idiots... maybe we will have dumb luck and be okay.

November 2, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  12. Rick McDaniel

That's called, "the people taking charge, again".

November 2, 2010 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  13. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

Hey, can't we get over this election stuff and get back to fighting the Global War on Terror(TM)? I mean, those brown people aren't gonna kill themselves, you know. How did our oil get under their sand anyway? Have a nice day!

November 2, 2010 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  14. H. L. Mencken

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

November 2, 2010 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  15. randy

November 2, 2010 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  16. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

randy
    "I think I have finally found the true difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats elect someone to lead them and tell the people what they should do. Republicans elect someone to represent them, hoping they will do what the people tell them. Look at who elects who, how they speak to their supporters and how they vote. Now it is time for the people to decide do they want a leaders or representatives. In all reality it can't be both, it is up to each of us to decide what we want."
    November 2, 2010 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |

That's all well and good except for the fact that dems and repubs will only do what their corporate masters bribe them to do and neither party really cares about the little people like you and me. But just go on believeing that you have a choice in this election. Have a nice day!

November 2, 2010 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  17. Tired of the nonsense

If Boehner becomes speaker of the house, expect far worse than anything Gingrich put this country through. As evil and self-serving as Gingrich was, Boehner will be even worse.

November 2, 2010 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  18. kat

I was very excited to vote today. We need change more than ever today. BHO and his band of clowns have nearly destroyed us, now we must take back our country.

November 2, 2010 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  19. Mike in Fl.

I have in the past voted Rep. BUT, they sold their souls to the insurance (auto and health) companies. I am a safe driver, I lost my job, my credit rating cranked and my insurance rates skyrocketed. The greedy auto insurance companies are making more than ever. They are sponsoring NASCAR, and every other commercial on TV is for car insurance. WTF!

To thank the GOP, I voted all DEMOCRAT. GO DEMOCRATS! I even changed my party affiliation. Obama has done a great job so far. I wish I had voted for him.

Unemployment is high because there are way too many two income families (husband and wife working). Something needs to give.

Peace, out.