November 2nd, 2010

Pelosi remains optimistic

Washington (CNN) - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi remains optimistic this evening that Democrats will be victorious in the midterm elections.

"We will be on pace to maintain the majority in the House of Representatives," Pelosi said to media assembled at the Democratic National Committee headquarters. "The people have to speak and this election will not be determined by the pundits."

Pelosi was joined by her colleague Rep. Chris Van Hollen, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the organization tasked with electing House Democrats, who said that "millions of voters around the country are proving the Washington pundits absolutely wrong."

Citing high turnout and early returns, Van Hollen added, "This thing is not over."

Asked by CNN about the election data they are receiving, Van Hollen coyly responded, "We are looking at various districts in bell weather precincts within various districts." He declined to elaborate.

Filed under: 2010 • House of Representatives • Nancy Pelosi
  1. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert but...

If the Democrats lose badly I can no longer rely on the government to support me. This is a concept I find difficult to accept. I may be forced to get my GED.

November 2, 2010 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  2. Ron

"We are looking at what we are looking at, and it's nobody's business so stop looking..."

Here's you looking at you vacate that chair, Mizz Pelosi

November 2, 2010 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  3. kaneda

I hate her!

November 2, 2010 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  4. Rick McDaniel

For Pelosi and Reid, it SHOULD be over!

The citizens should not tolerate their dictatorship.

November 2, 2010 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  5. Rick Bates

It's time for Nacy Pelosi to go home for good.

November 2, 2010 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  6. Freddy M

Does anyone else feel like no one is winning in this election? ('No one' being us the people)...get this election over with and start making decisions...tired of all the talk...actions speak louder than words

November 2, 2010 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  7. Watchman

Pelosi – Optomistic?????

She remains out of touch with reality – just like on health care and the stimulus.

November 2, 2010 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  8. Bobbo

You better keep fighting for all of us Mrs. Pepolosi. We can't afford to go back to work! It is to hard for many of us to go and work every day. Please People, do something! Go and vote for us and Mrs Pepolosi. We badly need this government support. Don't you understand? . I like your positive thinking Mrs. Pepolosi, and I wish I can believe you, but I have this bitter filling that the gooood time is over...

November 2, 2010 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  9. Claudia, Houston, Tx

All millionaires and billionaires will run the country, and for the rest of you folks, eat dirt, that includes the tea party too.

November 2, 2010 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  10. FactCheck2010

More jobs have been created in the past 8 months than were created during all 8 years of George W. Bush's administration.

FACT.

November 2, 2010 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  11. FactCheck2010

Bush caused the Great Recession, losing America over 500,000 jobs per month during his last year in office.

Obama and the Democrats stopped the crisis and now are turning things around.

FACT.

November 2, 2010 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  12. Denny

Nancy, you need to turn in the keys to the 757 first thing tomorrow morning.

November 2, 2010 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  13. Bobbo

You are absolutely right!!! When the facts are present even the gods are speechless
    Indeed the President has created so many jobs, I'm just sad that because of Him some not so fortunate people in DC ( specially in the House and the Senate) are loosing their jobs today. I feel really bad for Harry from Nevada. After all this years of hard work...poor guy – if it wasn't for Obama, he could've retire in DC

November 2, 2010 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  14. Brandon Talamantez, Idaho Falls, Idaho

I am proud to be a Democrat! I admire Ms. Pelosi and all Democrats who voted for health care.

November 2, 2010 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  15. Bill

Can we get this vapid pig out of the speaker chair? Please?

November 2, 2010 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  16. jules sand-perkins

Optimistic?
    Drinking what?
    Again, Pelosi proves that she is an idiot.
    However, she is a wealthy idiot.
    Private planes when people don't have jobs. Limousine liberals are something else.

November 2, 2010 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  17. Ridgeway

Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye. Take your pals Reid, Frank and Obama, their mooching supporters and get the hell out of my wallet you commie B. Hurry up Soros and catch up with you looks. Dead.

November 2, 2010 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  18. FactCheck2010

Democrats WILL keep the House majority if Democrats all over the country continue to vote up to the minute polls close.

The only way Republicans win is if Democrats don't show up, because there are a lot more of us.

FACT.