November 5th, 2010

Biden sought Olbermann's advice on anger

(CNN) - MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, suspended indefinitely Friday for donating to Democratic candidates for office, said in an interview two days before his suspension that Vice President Joe Biden once sought his advice.

“I once had a conversation with the man who is now the vice president when he was still in the Senate, who asked me for advice about how to turn anger into righteous inspiration,” Olbermann said in an interview with the New York Times Magazine.

Olbermann added, “He [Biden] said, ‘I just come across like I’m angry and out of control, and you seem to focus it and make it look useful and expressive.’’’

Also noteworthy, Olbermann expressed surprise with Jon Stewart’s criticism of him during the Rally for Sanity.

“I saw that. I was sitting at home, with my notebooks for the election, in that Saturday haze that anybody who does five shows [a week] is still in until the middle of the afternoon on Saturday," Olbermann said in the interview. "I was thinking: That’s odd. I wouldn’t think of myself in those terms. Why is my videotape there?”

1. Steve

If Keith Olbermann wasn't given a chance to undo those contributions, he should have been. Firing him from MSNBC seems so heavy handed, especially for such an even-handed guy. He is one of the best, most thoughtful, intelligent and witty news people I have ever seen on ANY channel. I, and other people who tune in to watch him will be ready to subscribe to whatever he does next; be it radio, tv, internet or whatever. Long live Keith Olbermann!!!

November 6, 2010 07:14 am at 7:14 am |
  2. LogicalUS

Good Lord, how did America come to be lead by certifiable nuts? A complete loon like Biden goes to one of the most obnoxious hate-filled nutjobs on TV for advice? Really?

Is liberalism really a mental disease? It appears so more and more everyday.

November 6, 2010 07:25 am at 7:25 am |
  3. Willy Brown

"9CNN) – MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, said in an interview two days before his suspension that Vice President Joe Biden once sought his advice." Yep Joe is smarter than Obambi. LOL

November 6, 2010 07:46 am at 7:46 am |
  4. keepstuffingthis

Olberman doe not realize how offensive he is? Some real psychiatric problems here. That explains a lot. Perhaps Maddow and Behar have the same problem. Hope they don't get any treatment, they along with Pelosi, Reid and Obama were responsible for several milllion Repulbican votes last Tuesday.

November 6, 2010 07:56 am at 7:56 am |
  5. John Blanar

Poor Keith , what a booob, he is,,,,,,,,,,, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

November 6, 2010 08:16 am at 8:16 am |