November 7th, 2010

MSNBC to reinstate Olbermann Tuesday night

(CNN) - Prime-time host Keith Olbermann, who was suspended for violating the ethics policy of his employer, will be back on air Tuesday night, the president of MSNBC said Sunday.

Olbermann was suspended Friday after a news report by Politico revealed he had donated to three Democrats seeking federal office.
FULL STORY

Filed under: Keith Olbermann
  1. samson

Am surprise at the support Keith got, he is left leaning alright but he report facts and challenges the propaganda lies from the 24 / 7 fox news machine, remember one day the American people will wake up from the dumbness and see fox news for what it is

November 7, 2010 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  2. NameGerry

Now CNN should reinstate Rick Sanchez.

November 7, 2010 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  3. Orlando Patriot

WOW!! Good for Olbermann!! Now his 10 total viewers can quit playing Chutes and Ladders and be told what to believe since they are not smart enough by themselves to know how to think on their own..........

November 7, 2010 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  4. jbird

He doesnt necessarily have to come back. He's huge, and he could always pull a Howard Stern by telling his managers what they can do with themselves. He is MSNBC's bread and butter in primetime, and knows it!

November 7, 2010 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  5. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I can't believe that someone's individual political contributions cost someone a job. Since there was a clear policy in place already, it does make some level sense to me though.

November 7, 2010 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  6. Tom

Good for Keith! He is a brilliant man.

November 7, 2010 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  7. barry

It won't matter nobody watches MSNBC anyway.

November 7, 2010 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  8. Snow

His suspension was just a show by "pms"msnbc to try to cover up their liberal slant to the news.

November 7, 2010 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  9. thomp

The man has lost all credibility as a journalist! Can't believe MSNBC is allowing this. From now on he is just another Democratic hack that should have to pay to be on.

November 7, 2010 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |
  10. NameDaniel R Martin

He shouldn't have been suspended in the first place

November 7, 2010 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  11. vanessa

I'm so very HAPPY 2 know that MSNBC has brought Keith back! wise decision.. love all commentors but Keith is my fav! love his show!.. regardless what the right wing, fox viewere wishe 4, Keith is back!! he's the show i turn 2 to listen 2 facts! no lie, no CRAP! lol...

November 7, 2010 11:49 pm at 11:49 pm |
  12. J.V.Hodgson

My god I do not understand this. His employer ( invasion of privacy and basic freedoms) has no right to know his personal politics or how he may vote in an election. and as long as his contributions are within federal laws his employment contract cannot violate his individual constituional rights
    You say CNN has a similar policy that potentially leads to discrimination ( illegal) as the Implication is Fox only recruits Republicans and MSNBC only Democrats.
    I have two rules, I dont work for companies who ask either my religion or politics either in writing or verbally in Interviews, and if they do I terminate the interview and my application.
    No wonder MSNBC backed off I would have taken them to court!! In a republican supreme court I win!!
    Regards,
    Hodgson.

November 8, 2010 12:04 am at 12:04 am |
  13. Bobbi

Best news I've heard all day!!!

November 8, 2010 12:43 am at 12:43 am |
  14. November 2, 2010 - The Day Progressive Socialism was STOPPED! Rollback to continue in 2012!!

This CLOWN should have been fired. It wasn't just the money he donated which violated ethics rules but what about all the free air time this fool gave to people he supported? What was the value of THAT? MSNBC is a joke and nobody with half a brain watches it anyways. This fool has discredited it even further.

November 8, 2010 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  15. mstabers

Well that's not very fair and balanced.

November 8, 2010 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  16. Rick

That was fast. Welcome back!

November 8, 2010 02:19 am at 2:19 am |
  17. emmanuel

if OReily was working in MSNBC during his sex scandal he would have being stoned to death,myhousehold and i are not watching MSNBC until Keith come's back on the air.

November 8, 2010 02:46 am at 2:46 am |
  18. nita

im so happy keith have been reinstated and he did nothing wrong. you go keith and keep telling he truth to the american people.

November 8, 2010 04:59 am at 4:59 am |
  19. Marie MD

See you Tuesday night Keith. I am glad that MSNBC came to their senses.
    If only the FCC would do the same with faux news it would be a better world.

November 8, 2010 06:15 am at 6:15 am |
  20. Beth

MSNBC is nothing without Olberman. He is the one voice of truth left in the media. CNN is going the way of fox news. I
    can't stand to watch CNN anymore. They are in a competion with fox news to become fascist central.

November 8, 2010 08:26 am at 8:26 am |
  21. nadalis#1

This is wonderful news. MSNBC overreacted. It is an American right to donate to political campaigns. Just ask the extremely right wing faction of the Supreme Court. I agree that MSNBC should try to uphold a higher standard than Fox News, but it seems taking the high road never wins. Remember Dukakis?

November 8, 2010 08:42 am at 8:42 am |