November 10th, 2010

Political Circus: Dubya could have endorsed Obama?

Washington (CNN) - Politics is serious business - but not all of the time. From the halls of Congress to the campaign trail, there's always something that gets a laugh. Here are some of the things you might have missed.

Say what?

The Financial Times reports that former President George W. Bush is alleged to have told a group in 2008 that he "probably won't even vote for the guy," referring to Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain.

And the zinger: "I had to endorse him. But I'd have endorsed Obama if they'd asked me," according to a blog post on the Times' website.
Full Story

Filed under: George W. Bush • Political Circus
  1. AZ DEM

Yeah the LAST thing Obama needed was Bush's endorsement for president...that MAY have actually legitmized McCain's chances of winning....well atleast until he unleashed that dimwit from Wasilla on the lower 48... and for THAT I will NEVER support him again unless he comes to his senses and begins ACTUALLY putting the country first

November 10, 2010 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  2. keepstufingthis

Certainly ridiculous and untrue, but we know from the Sarah Palin (Tina Fey) I can see Russian from my house, that millions of dope addled liberals will hear it from some comedian (like Jon Stewar) and believe that it is true. They actually believe the media and press and don't know how to find out the truth. If they did, they would not be democrat lierals.

November 10, 2010 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  3. "I Want My Country Back" Libs Go Home

I suppose it makes CNN and the Lame Stream Media feel just a little better after The Tea Party kicked their Liberal Butts...... to attack GW now, I mean, who else can you guys attack???? WAKE UP! This Great country is moving swiftly even more to the Right, Conservatives will rule, every time you LIbs get your shot, you cannot help but to try to change the entire system into France/Canada/UK.....all in one swoop! By-the-way, how's that Hope & Change working today??

Oh yeah......when you clean out your desks, try not to trash the joint!

November 10, 2010 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  4. Rick McDaniel

Amusing. Perhaps Dubya was kidding, or perhaps he just had a lapse in judgement. LOL.

November 10, 2010 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Bush, th Village Idiot, should be in jail.
    Boo-Hoo Boehner and his commercial flying "sacrifice" should think about who' going to pay for the SS to accompany him on these "money-saving-however-foolishly-risky" commercial flights. God-forbid someone decides to do him harm, they'll have the added "bonus" of taking out civilians on the flight with him.

And...Bush should be in jail.

November 10, 2010 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  6. "I Want My Country Back" Libs Go HomeI

The MAJORITY of Americans know that the tea party is really a fringe group with an un-American agenda disguised
    as "conservatism". When Oprah ask Bush if Palin was qualified to be President, George ask Oprah why he was being
    pulled into the swamp again. Even he knows that McCain made a big mistake in choosing her for a running mate. George may
    have been percieved as a mad man, but even he knows that the tea party is not happening in this country.

November 10, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |