November 12th, 2010

Political Notebook: A Preview of Candy Crowley's Interview with President Bush

(CNN) – Listen as CNN's Candy Crowley, host of "State of the Union," previews her prime time Sunday interview with former President George W. Bush about his new memoir, "Decision Points."

To subscribe to the Political Notebook podcast in iTunes click here.

1. GOP Taliban Victim

Does Bush really still believe people are buying his WMD, "free" Iraq for Democracy or women rights, or other lame excuses?
    He is a poor salesman. Where is Cheney now? This is Cheney's war. He should answer for it not Bush. Bush was simply just a puppet taking orders from Cheney and his Conservative hand-picked "lawyers".

November 12, 2010 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  2. vic nashville tn

Thanks to Bush this Sunday I will wake up late to watch GPS and reliable sources

November 12, 2010 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  3. S. In California

I didn't think I could find LESS respect for our former president but I did. As I watched M. Lauder (sp) ask him questions and he sat there as if he were on a picnic and joked about disgusting issues such as water boarding, torture and the war quite honestly, I almost threw up. People DIED in his unnecessary war(s). I fail to believe anyone and I mean ANYONE could find humor in such topics. Not only is he the second worst president in history he is inhuman and despicable. I pray God remembers him and his attitude.

November 12, 2010 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  4. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

WAR CRIMINAL!

As a veteran, I find it appauling and a blatant slap in the face that this WAR CRIMINAL is in the headlines. He should be in the Hague along with his defense secretary and vice president. Crimes against humanity were committed in Iraq and Guantanomo. If they can't be locked up, they should be banished from this country. They lied us into war at the cost of almost 5,000 of my brothers and sisters. Mr. Bush needs to stop worrying about his legacy and just go away!!!

November 12, 2010 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  5. Agathe

I never believe that former president Bush was a bad person, he is a simple minded person who can not see the complexities of the world. He sees the world through his Bible and his narrow, myopic mind. Had he traveled the world and been willing to engage in dialogue with other views we wouldn't be stuck in two expensive wars.

November 12, 2010 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  6. InHoustonTx

Please come back George!

November 12, 2010 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  7. sammieb51

Wonder if they once again covered that part about how waterboarding was legal because his attorney said so?? This guy needs to be tried for war crimes, not lauded in the media as being some sort of guru leader. 911 may not have ever happened if he had not cleared so much brush in Texas and paid attention to the country and to continue to tie WMDs to it? Give me a break! No mention of the collapsed economy or so many other reprehensible actions he took (or didn't - "Osama Bin who - I don't know, I never think about him" – imagine if Obama made a comment like that!) or the resounding silence all around about how his Uncle collapsed the S&Ls in the late 80's. And last I checked, GOP Taliban, ignorance of the law offers no exemption from its consequences, whether you're a puppet or simply received bad advice from an attorney, all the rest of us still go to jail, unless we want to set up this precedent in our legal system to let all of us walk!!

And thanks to his economic policies (or lack thereof), I can't afford the book!

November 12, 2010 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  8. SurRy

How many times are we going to have to look at his smug smirking face while he admits he broke the law? And don't tell me that was in the past, we want to look forward, blah, blah, blah. Wonder how well that defense would work for all the other folks accused of crimes. Someone please remind me why he isn't at The Hague?

November 12, 2010 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  9. Will

Why are the Bushes suddenly back?

November 12, 2010 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  10. Concerned Citizen

I have seen the book on sale, it is in the fiction section and comes with a free box of crayons! It was being ignored by people in droves!

November 12, 2010 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  11. diridi

you get sin...if you see this idiot's face prima facie...o.k...he messed this nation, a wonderful nation on earth...to hell, and crazy...now interviewed by Candy is too bad, i bet, she does not have any work...I like candy....she is the one unbiased in CNN apart from wolf, o.k....john king is a racist, and biased...so is gloria borger...get rid of these two...CNN....

November 12, 2010 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  12. Sgt Barnes

What a bunch of uneducated kooks...Congress supported a declaration of wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan and that would be a Congress comprised of Democrats, Independents and Republicans. Bush blew it by allowing a Republican controlled Congress up till 2006 to deviate from conservative values of lesser government, less spending and fiscal responsibility. Do you suppose it was okay for Hitler to gas the jew in Germany prior to world war II, if you do then you would have a difficult time in acknowledging that was the same type of behavior that Hussein (not Barrack) was doing to the Kurds and others under his rule, as usual the UN failed to intercede and here we are. I do not personally agree it was the right decision but it is what it is, and one thing is for sure, George W. Bush has more class in his pinkie than Obama has shown in his entire Administration.

November 12, 2010 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  13. David

We miss you, Presdient Bush.

Looking forward to the book. I've oredered 15 copies as Christmas gifts.

November 12, 2010 01:35 pm at 1:35 pm |
  14. Cash

GOP Taliban Victim: Bush is a better man than the idiot we have running the country now will every be. And another thing Obama never had any grace due to the ugliness of chumps like you. Keep perpetuating that hate – it comes full circle.

November 12, 2010 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  15. Peter s

God bless you Mr. President Bush

November 12, 2010 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  16. Ben in Texas

Ask him why he's not in prison. Ask him why Nancy Pelosi failed to investigate and impeach him. Ask him why he hasn't apologized for his crimes. Ask him to name 1 president in history who was worse, in terms of criminal activity and incompetence.

Ask him to do the honorable thing, for once in his life, and take a flying leap off the Golden Gate Bridge.

November 12, 2010 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  17. Steve in North Carolina

@ GOP Taliban Victim. George Bush is a decent man who protected our country and served as a strong President for America. Shills for George Soros (who spout the same lines of propaganda that you do) are the real puppets.

November 12, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  18. kayla

why listen to when? he won't tell the truth anyway.

November 12, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |