November 13th, 2010

Palin's advice: Trust me

(CNN) - Sarah Palin has a message for new members of Congress: keep your promises.

The former Alaska governor took to her Facebook page Saturday to dispense advice and chart a roadmap for the next Congress.

"Stick to the principles that propelled your campaigns," Palin said in the open letter. "The first step is, of course, to defund Obamacare."

In addition to repealing health care reform, Palin called for cuts in spending, tax cut extensions and border security, all of which were pillars of congressional campaigns during the midterm election cycle.

She also encouraged bipartisanship.

"You should extend a hand to President Obama and Democrats in Congress," Palin said. "After this election, they may finally be prepared to work with Republicans on some of these issues for the good of the country."

But if Democrats are not willing to work across the aisle, she said "we will all be looking forward to 2012."

And her message was not without a jab at the media who she often refers to as the "lamestream media."

"Remember that some in the media will love you when you stray from the time-tested truths that built America into the most exceptional nation on earth," Palin said.

"When the left in the media pat you on the back, quickly reassess where you are and readjust, for the liberals' praise is a warning bell you must heed. Trust me on that."

Palin is often mentioned as a potential 2012 presidential candidate and launches a book tour at the end of the month to promote her new book, "America by Heart: reflections on family, faith and flag."

The tour will include stops in Iowa and South Carolina, sites of early presidential battles.

- Follow Gabriella Schwarz on Twitter: @schwarzgcnn

Filed under: Congress • Sarah Palin
  1. A female in Wyoming

If Palin is going to run for president in 2012 or 2016 I will switch my party to Independent just so I can vote for her in the primaries and then I will switch back just so I can vote against her in the November election. The more people that do this the more slammed she will get. She will get slammed anyway, but her ego really needs to be ground into the dirt just so she can see what this country really thinks of her. The 80% of Repugs that support her are lying. I will bet anything they are rolling their eyes behind closed doors, wringing their hands and praying she doesn't choose to run. They are just trying to support their party regardless of which ignorant nincompoop is desiring power.

November 13, 2010 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  2. MAhole

One of the most important "issues for the good of this country" IS Obamacare you nitwit.............
    Please go away – far, far away..........

November 13, 2010 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  3. NSHSDad

Is there any plausible chance that there will be a single solitary day when we don't see Sarah Palin in the news?

She does absolutely nothing except run off at the mouth.

November 13, 2010 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  4. Terry

Who in the hell is this woman anyway? The face looks familiar but I can't recall anything of importance associated with the name.

November 13, 2010 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  5. blf83

Trust a con? No.

November 13, 2010 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  6. n

Why not just say we need to fix the current health care bill. Fix Obamacare are just words to fire up a crowd. Of course then she goes on to, extend a hand to Obama. It is nice when we don't hear from her for a few days.

November 13, 2010 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  7. B

When will Palin realize that the only reason she is popular is because of her so-called "lamestream media" attention. If the media quit covering every bizarre thing she says or does, nobody would be paying attention to her. But...the american public has a news appetite for the bizarre...thus her popularity. Once she actually starts to make sense with what she says, she'll disappear from the media; except for Fixed News of course.

November 13, 2010 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  8. Zeus

Most of my friends are Republicans. I've asked their opinion of her. I'm absolutely delighted that while most of them say they like her, NOT ONE of them says they'd ever vote for her for any office. In fact, one friend who met her and talked with her during the recent campaigning says after listening to her during a recent speech, his opinion of her sagged significantly. There are plenty of other Republicans who are far better prepared and would make a much be candidate for president.

And yes, she is nothing but marketing hype and way overdone. It's sad media outlets bother to cover her nonsense. Her goal is to be in the headlines daily. For example, note how she felt it important to weigh in on school lunch in a state she has nothing to do with? It was simply another photo-op. Her objective is media coverage 365 days a year.

November 13, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  9. Pat

Sarah giving advice is laughable. The only expertise she had is in the area of lies, rumors and innuendo. Unfortunately some of her admirers believe whatever comes out of her mouth. Hoping that she will just go away is not going to happen; I'm wishing that she loses her voice ...... permanently!

November 13, 2010 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  10. Big_D

I work and I am middle class so I pay higher percentage of taxes than the rich or the poor. I have to pay for my insurance that usually pays for nothing unless you fight with them enough. Now I am watching while the rich decide to take my Social Security and Medicare to pay for their taxes. I’m pissed! What can Palin take away from mandated health insurance? The govenment doesn't pay for it, WE DO! Nationalized healthcare would be far superior than this Lieberman mandated insurance.

November 13, 2010 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  11. Big_D

I work and I am middle class so I pay higher percentage of taxes than the rich or the poor. I have to pay for my insurance that usually pays for nothing unless you fight with them enough. Now I am watching while the rich decide to take my Social Security and Medicare to pay for their taxes. I’m ticked! What can Palin take away from mandated health insurance? The govenment doesn't pay for it, WE DO! Nationalized healthcare would be far superior than this Lieberman mandated insurance.

November 13, 2010 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |