November 17th, 2010

Pelosi elected minority leader

(CNN) – Outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been elected by her colleagues to be the next minority leader, fending off a challenge from Rep. Heath Shuler.

The vote was 150-43.
FULL STORY

Filed under: Nancy Pelosi
  1. Old Farmboy

This is a good day for the GOP...

November 17, 2010 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Congratulations Madame Pelosi! I greatly admire your chutzpah.

November 17, 2010 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  3. JB

I think the best analogy to this ridiculous decision by Dems is that to the Minnesota Vikings and Favre. Not only are they both hated by the majority of people at this point she's failed in the biggest situation(just like Favre in the NFC championship game) and is so far past her prime that she's not only bringing down others but embarrassing them to a point that their entire careers are now questionably headed in a positive direction – Peterson is taking a hit this year based on his avg/run just like anybody that voted for Pelosi has and will take a hit on their voter support.

November 17, 2010 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  4. Rick in OP

On behalf of the conservative community, let me say "thank you" to the Democrats for their latest act of insanity.

November 17, 2010 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  5. Samantha

The Democrats are gluttons for punishment. They can't wait to lose more seats in the House and Senate and the Presidency.

November 17, 2010 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  6. willie floyd

Good, we need her strength and determination. We don't need any more Blue Dogs like Shuler.

It's always fun to see if your comment gets posted or not-NOT most of the time.

November 17, 2010 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  7. Fair is Fair

Yesterday, Reid was reelected Senate majority leader. Today, Pelosi is elected house minority leader.

And they say that Republicans have nothing but retreads? Give me a break.

November 17, 2010 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  8. stufit

Thank God. I was worried that democrat liberals might have gotten the message from the last election and put someone in that does not call hardworking American taxpayers names and demean and degrade them. But being good liberals, the proved that they are quite deaf, and will never take personal responsibility for anything.

November 17, 2010 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  9. Rafael

Insanity: To keep doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

Delusion: Pelosi still thinking she did a good job.

Denial: Democrats continuing to blame others for their "shellacking".

Obama: Number one victim of his party's insanity, delusions, and denials.

Republicans: Main party to benefit from Democrats' insanity, delusion, and denial.

Hillary: The REAL (should have been) "The One".

November 17, 2010 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  10. Darth Vadik, CA

Congratulations Nancy, give Boehner hell, or at least as much hell as he gave you.

November 17, 2010 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  11. vic nashville tn

150 democrats my heroes today what right will say they don’t get it actually democrats got it now time for them to ignore FOX and its tea party

November 17, 2010 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  12. S. In California

Great news! Go Nancy! I am sick and tried (more disgusted) with republicans telling democrats what they should or should not do (even with members in their own party). She has guts and I love that in ANY person. I only wish our president would stand up like her and take control. I am so disgusted with democrats, I am now a newly registered independent. I want them to STAND UP AND FIGHT instead of running away. This is great news. I am behind her 100%.

November 17, 2010 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  13. malabar

Boehner nominated to house speaker and pelosi elected minority leader, aka GREAT Birthday all around 4 Boehner. on behalf of conservatives, republicans, rinos, and right leaning independents let me say than you Thank You THANK YOU democrats for ur blinding pride when it comes to ur old workhorse nancy!

November 17, 2010 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  14. Gale

Now you know why the Democrats lost so big in the November 2, election. They're stoooooopid!

November 17, 2010 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  15. Big E

I like Pelosi, at least should stands up for what she believes in, right or wrong. If some of you men Democrates stood up like her we would not be in this mess. When I see these COWARDS on TV and on these useless news sites stating she lost us the mid-term, i think to my self these nutless guys don't have a clue.. You gutless guys lost because you had no back bone, you let the Rep's and the media dictateto tempo.... Grows some nuts....

November 17, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  16. munchmom

Are they crazy?????? Yes, of course they are. This may well guarantee that Obama loses in '12-yippy skippy!!! Keep up the good work, Dems, and we could have our country back in 2012 too!

November 17, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  17. Rick McDaniel

Shows the Dems still haven't learned anything!

November 17, 2010 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  18. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Madam Speaker, just say NO like they did, and we'll take back the House in 2012.

November 17, 2010 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  19. diridi

Nancy, nothing wrong with you...o.k, wrong is with people who misunderstand....work for ethics, morality, and standards....unite all Dems....cause a way-out for future elections, in 2012, nothing wrong with socialism...let me tell you again, as I wrote earlier, "CORPORATE GREED, FRAUD, CHEATING PREVAILS, FREE-MARKET FAILS.." True, true....unite all democratic front....do not color saying Blue dog, Blue cat, etc,., Good luck, God bless the nation, the USA!!!! Concentrate on Jobs, and economy....we need...now...look, Kroger is going out of business....this is where we left off by Bush's Iraq war, and REagan Trickle Down....o.k, true, true, and true...

November 17, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |