November 19th, 2010

Trump under 'pressure' for 2012 run

(CNN) - Donald Trump says he's recently received more pressure than ever before to run for president, but he'd rather not throw his name in the ring.

"I love this country and I have had tremendous pressure over the years for me to run, but I've never had it like now," Trump said on CNN's "John King, USA." "I'd rather not do it. I'd rather have somebody in there that's gonna straighten out the country."

Trump said he thinks people ask him to run because of his "instinct for business" and "instinct for people," but would only say he's thinking about a presidential run in 2012.

The real estate mogul is famous for his lavish lifestyle and reality show "The Apprentice," and is often mentioned as a potential candidate for president.

Filed under: 2012 • Donald Trump
  1. James Powell

I don't want to stare at that comb over or whatever it is for four or eight years.

November 20, 2010 06:55 am at 6:55 am |
  2. Karen

You've GOT to be kidding. We don't need any more TV types in Washington. They don't know anything about middle America and never will.

November 20, 2010 07:16 am at 7:16 am |
  3. Joe Shmoe

BS....what egomaniacs and sheisters like Trump, Palin, (fill in your own favorites here) won't do to get their name in the press to plug their shows, books or whatever.....Donald Trump for president........HA

November 20, 2010 07:29 am at 7:29 am |
  4. Glenn

Mr. Trump could be just the person we need to help "straighten out" this country. Far too many of our politicians have too little "real life" experience to do the job effectively. Our current president had one of the thinnest resumes of any candidate in recent memory, and as a result is having a difficult time handling the country's dire circumstances. Let's, for once, elect a no nonsense president with some true real world experience.

November 20, 2010 07:31 am at 7:31 am |
  5. Mattski

Yes I think Trump should run as an Independent. So should Michael Bloomberg, Sarah Palin, Lou Dobbs, and for that matter, so should R.P. McMurphy. I'll give McMurphy my vote.

November 20, 2010 07:32 am at 7:32 am |
  6. Lady-Di Florida

Crazy, but he'd probably make the best president we'd ever have!!

November 20, 2010 07:35 am at 7:35 am |
  7. Mike S.

I'm glad Trump has decided not to run for President. I don't think you can run a country by playing the corporate bankruptcy game that has fed his greed and ego for decades. There's more to being president than picking out gorgeous women.

November 20, 2010 07:39 am at 7:39 am |
  8. Anonymous

Yeah right

November 20, 2010 07:40 am at 7:40 am |
  9. Christopher

Sigh! Is America REALLY that stupid??

November 20, 2010 07:46 am at 7:46 am |
  10. Clwyd

With that kind of a show on TV and the face on this site he would have to be running as a repulsican as all his qualities, or lack there of, would really fit the republican mold! He'd be a winner by their standards!

November 20, 2010 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  11. Dawn Ada, Ohio

Seriously??? I would vote for my dog before I would vote for Donald Trump!!

November 20, 2010 08:06 am at 8:06 am |
  12. agathokles

This has to be a joke, right? Donald Trump as President? It's almost as hilarious as.... Sarah Palin as President.

November 20, 2010 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  13. Kana

Donald Trump surely has knowledge and experience to run a large business. But, regardless of what any president would like to do, if they don't have the support of Congress and the Senate very little will get done. At this time Dems and Reps are to busy fighing\disagreeing with each other instead of working together to resolve the countries problems. It's time our elected oficials realized this and knocked off the BS and get to work. The desisiveness of the two parties is only making things worse.

November 20, 2010 08:14 am at 8:14 am |