November 22nd, 2010

Barbara Bush to Palin: stay in Alaska

(CNN) – Sarah Palin may not have the biggest fan in former first lady Barbara Bush.

"I sat next to her once. Thought she was beautiful," Barbara Bush said. "And she's very happy in Alaska, and I hope she'll stay there."

Bush, along with her husband, former President George H.W. Bush, spoke to CNN's Larry King in an interview set to air Monday.

President Bush discussed the Tea Party movement, and although he said "some of the ideas make a lot of sense," he said he isn't sure how the new movement will fit into the larger political landscape.

The former first couple also talked about their son, former President George W. Bush's new book, "Decision Points."

"I loved the book," Barbara Bush said. "I thought it was very frank. He's not trying to write a biography, he's trying to tell how it is in the White House."

Her husband agreed that it was "good" and "from the heart."

"I think he's done a good job selling the darn thing, he's been out there all over the place," the former president said.

1. zazu

The first lady makes some sense! Now someone with a backbone among Republicans can tell that part of their useful idiots who pride themselves with how much ignorant they are their limits. They are taking over the Asylum. Watch out! The monsters you fed are about to cannibalize you.

November 20, 2010 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  2. Sgt. Joe

Thanks for that,Babs.

November 20, 2010 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  3. Robert

This from the same woman, who after Katrina – felt that the people in the Astrodome were in a better place than where they lived. Mean lady.

November 20, 2010 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  4. alumette

I guess few people within the GOP like Palin. She appeals to low lives with opinions and beliefs such as the ones she has. The lack of intellect replaced by personal greed confuses some but fools no one. She is trying to make a buck and enjoys the ride in the mean time. Dumb as a street ho.

November 20, 2010 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  5. Anonymous

It's not often i agree with Barbara, but she has it spot on this time!.
    Hopefully she will stay in an area that has no phone service so we don't have to hear from her.

November 20, 2010 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  6. aznatv

Only thing I've agreed with Babs on.....Palin needs to stay in Alaska. Sorry Alaskans but you can have her. As far as GWB goes....his book is nothing more than filled with lies, which mirrors his life. Explain those lies to mothers and fathers who lost their children to a needless war in Iraq. Tell that to their children. Pathetic. I hope I never hear the name BUSH again in my lifetime.

November 20, 2010 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  7. peckish

The reason she wants Palin to stay in Alaska is so she can inflict another of her children on us–She won't rest until Jeb is president, too.

November 20, 2010 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  8. e01938

I used to think of Republicans as heartless but competent – at least fiscally – but I now now consider them heartless, incompetent, and petty. Hard to believe but I find myself yearning for the old school blue blood GOP of yesteryear who were rightfully skeptical of the Christian right and any other fundamental zealots.

November 20, 2010 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  9. craig

I hope that Palin does not go after the Bushes. We know how W feels when people become a threath to his family. I can see it now, W runs for Prez, He wins and we invade Alaska.

November 20, 2010 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  10. GI Joe

She's a smart woman – she needs to inform W that he should quit bragging about being a war criminal with all of his illegal torture. THAT is the soul reason that many criminals in Gitmo will NOT be punished further – their information was gathered ILLEGALLY BY BUSH/CHENEY. When are THEIR trials on war crimes?

November 20, 2010 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  11. Mandy

No, please have her run. Pretty please...can't wait to pull out the popcorn for that train wreck.

November 20, 2010 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  12. red

wow! barbs was straight to the point. how is sarah gonna spin this one?

November 20, 2010 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  13. Robert

Good for the former first lady, finealy someone see's Palin for what she is. A snake feeding off air head's

November 20, 2010 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  14. PhilipJames

yes, lets all listen to the wisdom of the Establishment Bushes.... Ivy League jerk offs...
    by the way, wasn't it George Bush who screwed up the Republican Party by acting
    like a liberal? helped destroy the economy while in office?
    as for Barbara, well STFU and go away.

November 20, 2010 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  15. Robert

Good for the former first lady, finealy someone see's Palin for what she is. Stay in Alaska SARAH

November 20, 2010 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  16. RealAlaskan

With all due respect to Mrs. Bush, I have also sat next to Palin. Thought she was odd. And she's not happy in Alaska, and I hope she'll continue to stay away from here.

November 20, 2010 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  17. glib lib

People like and admire Sarah Palin because she is like them, down to Earth, not overly sophisticated, and ignorant to wordly affairs. The last time we put someone like us in office was in 2000 and again in 2004. How'd that work out? Not too good. I agree that Sarah is alot lilke the rest of us. Point is that the rest of us have no business being in politics, much less POTUS.

November 20, 2010 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  18. Joe

Thanks, Barbara, for your honest appraisal of Silly Sarah. I just wish you had told your son to stay in Texas.

November 20, 2010 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  19. Odalice yolanda feliz

Barbara bush and Palin? atlist she was nice in speaking about her.

November 20, 2010 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  20. Randy

Smartest thing this woman has ever said.

November 20, 2010 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  21. Chris C

I like Palin. Unfortunately I can't see how she can be taken seriously on anything regarding policy.

November 20, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  22. truthinrock

As much as I HATE to admit it, I have to agree with Babs and George.

November 20, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  23. sheila

I have always loved Barbara Bush because she tells it like it is. Good for you Mrs. Bush! Would that many others had the guts to speak out.

November 20, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |