BREAKING: Sources: Plouffe to join White House staff, Axelrod may exit sooner than expected
November 22nd, 2010

Washington (CNN) – President Obama is planning to bring former campaign manager David Plouffe onto the White House staff at the beginning of January to work alongside senior adviser David Axelrod for a brief time before Axelrod moves on to help run the re-election campaign, according to a senior administration official and a senior Democratic strategist familiar with the plan.

The sources added that Axelrod is now planning to leave his White House post as soon as immediately after the State of the Union address, which is an earlier departure date than originally expected and could be part of a new round of departures at the White House.
FULL STORY

Filed under: David Axelrod • David Plouffe • President Obama
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA

Welcome back Plouffe! Let's get the POTUS back on message and kick butt and take names.

November 22, 2010 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  2. Randolph Carter, I'm no expert, but...

Does this mean that the progressive Obama of the campaign trail will replace the corporatist war-monger Obama currently occupying the White House? I'm not holding my breath. Have a nice day!

November 22, 2010 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  3. T'sah from Virginia

David Plouffe is going to be a welcomed asset to the WH. I guess you have to start NOW to beat down unworthy news coming from the RIGHT brought to you by CNN!!

Let's continue to Move America Forward with our current leader, President Obama and others who are for the same progress!!!

November 22, 2010 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  4. Jake

Great, now he's going to be back in full campaign mode again...just like he has been the last 3 years. 2012 can't come soon enough.

November 22, 2010 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. Ancient Texan

Axlerod leaving the sinking........we'll see. Or, he got embarrassed over the Bush tax cut announcement.

November 22, 2010 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  6. stevegee

That's my kind of "change" ... another rat leaving the sinking ship.

November 22, 2010 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  7. Jim from Va

I can't wait to see Axlerod leave.I only hope he takes that so called "summer recovery tour" with him.

November 22, 2010 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  8. Rick McDaniel

There will be lots of folks looking for a job with a future, outside the WH, in the next year.

November 22, 2010 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  9. Peter s

Thats good news!! its does more good to remember those who worked hard in 2008!!

November 22, 2010 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  10. Sherri W.W.

@Dutch Bad Newz,Va.~you are so right! Kick B***&Take Names!~and I hope President O.does the same!~ as his base plans to do!~Lord,with all the "nut jobs" out there we better get busy for sure if we dont want our country run by fools!~~ and@T`ash from Virginia~I hope to be able to get in contact with you after the 1st of the year[when I have a MUCH improved computer to work with!]~You are ALWAYS behind our President and I always look for your input!Keep up the good work and I am trying hard myself,to let folks SEE what is REALLY going on~and ~as you say~LETS KEEP MOVING AMERICA FORWARD WITH THE GREAT PRESIDENT WE ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE!! Get on Board America~lets take OUR country BACK this time!~from the idiots and do~nothing fools!

November 22, 2010 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |