TRENDING: Palin won't 'waste time' on Couric
November 22nd, 2010

TRENDING: Palin won't 'waste time' on Couric

(CNN) - If Sarah Palin does run for president next year, at least one high profile journalist will be forbidden access to the former Alaska governor.

Speaking to Fox New's Sean Hannity in an interview to air Monday, Palin said she wants nothing to do with Katie Couric, the CBS Evening News anchor who's line of questioning facilitated one of the most memorable political foibles of the 2008 presidential campaign.

"As for doing an interview, though, with a reporter who already has such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say? Why waste my time? No," Palin told Hannity of Couric, according to excerpts obtained by Time's Mark Halperin.

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree. I studied journalism, who, what, where, when, and why of reporting," Palin continued. "I will speak to reporters who still understand that cornerstone of our democracy, that expectation that the public has for truth to be reported. And then we get to decide our own opinion based on the facts reported to us."

In a series of interviews with Couric authorized by the McCain campaign, Palin stumbled over a number of questions, most memorably when asked, "When it comes to establishing your world view…what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read?"

Palin appeared unable to name a single publication – a performance for which she was much maligned - and later said she found the question insulting, as well as emblematic of a liberal slant in the mainstream media.

"So a journalist, a reporter who is so biased and will, no doubt, spin and gin up whatever it is that I have to say to create controversy, I swear to you, I will not my waste my time with her. Or him," she told Hannity in the interview Monday.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. GL

tim miller and the rest of you Tea Baggers need to get a clue. This woman is a nightmare and should not be no where the White House. This sentance along should tell everybody she is not PRESIDENTIAL –

November 22, 2010 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  2. Alaskan Sourdough

Hahahahahahaha Sarah the quitter won't waste her time with Katie Couric...?!?!?!? What makes her think Katie wants an interview with a brainless airhead? That the best laugh I've had all week!

November 22, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  3. Enrique

Is it me or does it seem like all Sarah Palin does is attack and criticize others? Does she not have anything constructive ever to say? I honestly can not understand her appeal. She exudes negativity and hate. Not very Christian-like attributes.

November 22, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  4. Steve (the real one)

Kinda like liberals avoiding an interview on Fox! They turn into Olympic class track stars and run as fast as as far as they can! As much as some of you want to ignore this, there is NO difference

November 22, 2010 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  5. anonymous

EVERYONE has magazines in their home. Maybe she was embarassed to cite People and all the other rags. ANd what about citing Roe VS Wade as the only Supreme Court case she knew of.

November 22, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  6. ~~ JULY ~~ ( Palin is the new Paris Hilton )

Why give a REAL reporter a chance when you have FOX NEWS money on her bank.

November 22, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  7. Al

Oh Sarah, talk about bashing alcohol amongst alcoholics, while drinking...

November 22, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  8. Jim in CT

The only thing I am interested in reading about Sarah Palin would be her obituary. One can only dream....but Christmas is around the corner...please Santa please

November 22, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  9. Workingsofanidlemind

Ah yes, Palin, the mother of all Alaskan Land Slugs!

November 22, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  10. MikeMazzla

It wasnt an insulting question if she answered it. My sons English teacher asked him what books he read over the summer.. was that an insulting question or just in inquiry from someone who wants to know more about the person they are asking. I guarantee you ask that question of Hillary, or Obama, or anyone else they just answer that simple question. She fumbles on that simple a question?

November 22, 2010 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  11. LW

What arrogance! What makes Ms. Palin think that Ms. Couric would even be interested in another interview ... I'd say once was more than plenty!

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  12. ~~ JULY ~~ ( Palin is the new Paris Hilton )

chris

Katie Couric is solely responsible for the downfall of journalism in America. Remeber her making fun of Sarah Palin's child with down syndrome? Stay classy Katie..
    ____________________________________________________________

Huh??? when? where is the video of that ....

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  13. John

That tricky "liberal media," asking a VP candidate to name a newspaper/publication she reads... Actually, when you think about it, could Katie have served up an easier "grapefruit pitch" than that??? She could have said "the Anchorage Daily News... and I'm stickin to it!"

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  14. gary

I am a republican! Palin causes me to re-think my position. To do any job well you must be qualified; She has no qualification.

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  15. skorpeo

she blames katie couric and the "liberal media" for simply asking what magazines and newspapers she reads. i've been asked the same question when interviewing for a job. it's a way of getting to know you as a person. and what we learned was that caribou barbie was a vacuous moron, who despite having a degree in journalism, doesn't read. we have since learned, years later, that she insists on playing the victim of an imagined attack against her.

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  16. Expat American

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism..."

Dear Lord, was Palin drunk when she made this statement? Sober people don't speak like that.....

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  17. jo9hn arnold

i hope the next plane she takes crashes. shes a slut,got slut for kid.bastard for grandchild. she is stubid in all regards.

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  18. Chris Meece

I'm surprised how many of you, who I'll assume are higher than normal intelligence, can be ignorant on this issue. Asking what magazines and newspapers shaped her world view is a very biased question. It would have been biased had a conservative reporter asked it of a liberal politician. Had she answered with more conservative leaning publications, the answer would have hurt her with liberal voters. Had she answered with more liberal leaning publications, the answer would hurt her with conservative voters.

Not only was this a biased question it was highly arrogant. This wouldn't have been asked of a liberal politician. This was simply an excuse for Katie to ridicule Palin for reading sources that have different viewpoints than Katie. Instead of debating ideas, liberals like Katie, prefer to attack the person. If they convince you sheep that a person is stupid and/or evil then they don't have to debate the ideas.

November 22, 2010 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  19. GL

IT IS THIS SENTENCE THAT GOT PEOPLE ALL FIRED UP and you Tea Baggers think we are out to get her. You fools need to get a CLUE Sara Palin is a STUPID and can not form a sentence that make any sense.

November 22, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  20. Anonymous

If "What magazines or newspapers do you read?" is a GOTCHA! question, you don't deserve to lead anyone.

November 22, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  21. Maggotbrain

Yes, Palin is stupid.

November 22, 2010 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  22. MarkieBee

What newspapers do you read? ARRGHHH That's a gotcha question Katie!!! Don't you know anything about journalism Katie? I do, I went to six different colleges and took 13 years to get my degree in communications. So next question. Why is the bank bailout a good thing? That's why I say, I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax payers looking to bail out, but ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping tho— it's got to be all about job creation too, shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track, so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as— competitive— scary thing, but one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. (verbatim)

Sorry you whiffed Sarah. Man up, to use your crude term, and own your failure instead of whining about it as if you were the victim – AGAIN!

November 22, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  23. Brian, NJ

She stumbled through a question almost every political figure has been asked. What newspapers do you read? Simple right? She didn't find the questions insulting, she couldn't answer it.

November 22, 2010 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  24. MaryLand

Ahahhahhahhhahaha! Oooh, I'll bet Katie is just heartbroken!!

What a hoot! "I am taking my ball and going home. I don't LIKE Katie! She's SMART!"

Wah, wah, wah.

November 22, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  25. Joe

Sarah Palin is braindead! I'm sure she'd prefer to be interviewed by Bristol or Willow ... they can discuss applying makeup or having babies!

November 22, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |