TRENDING: Palin won't 'waste time' on Couric
November 22nd, 2010

TRENDING: Palin won't 'waste time' on Couric

(CNN) - If Sarah Palin does run for president next year, at least one high profile journalist will be forbidden access to the former Alaska governor.

Speaking to Fox New's Sean Hannity in an interview to air Monday, Palin said she wants nothing to do with Katie Couric, the CBS Evening News anchor who's line of questioning facilitated one of the most memorable political foibles of the 2008 presidential campaign.

"As for doing an interview, though, with a reporter who already has such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say? Why waste my time? No," Palin told Hannity of Couric, according to excerpts obtained by Time's Mark Halperin.

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree. I studied journalism, who, what, where, when, and why of reporting," Palin continued. "I will speak to reporters who still understand that cornerstone of our democracy, that expectation that the public has for truth to be reported. And then we get to decide our own opinion based on the facts reported to us."

In a series of interviews with Couric authorized by the McCain campaign, Palin stumbled over a number of questions, most memorably when asked, "When it comes to establishing your world view…what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read?"

Palin appeared unable to name a single publication – a performance for which she was much maligned - and later said she found the question insulting, as well as emblematic of a liberal slant in the mainstream media.

"So a journalist, a reporter who is so biased and will, no doubt, spin and gin up whatever it is that I have to say to create controversy, I swear to you, I will not my waste my time with her. Or him," she told Hannity in the interview Monday.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Dianne

An old teacher I used to know used to accuse some students of having "diarrhea of the mouth". I think that sums up Sarah Palin. A string of words going on and on and on and on......! Would she even have the sense of protocol to know when to speak and when to listen if she moved on into a more serious position in government?!! Scary thought!!

November 22, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  2. Take America Back from the Libs

All you CNN, Lib/Dem bloggers; if Sarah Palin is so dumb, so ignorant, so evil, so irrevelent.....why do you spend so much of your time and treasury trying (and I emphasize...TRYING) to discredit her......seems to me that if she is as bad as you guys say, she doesn't need your "help" is ditching her!
    Me thinks you should listen to Huckabee and "watch out for her"......I'm just saying......

November 22, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  3. LM

Katie Couric ate her for breakfast. Ya' scared of the mean journalist, Palin? Tough. How can she stand up to other countries' leaders if she feels threatened by Couric, one of our own journalists?

November 22, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  4. paul.cos

Really...Its everyones else's fault that Palin has no clue where she is or what she is talking about.Its everyone else"s fault she is completely unprepared for any form of intellectual thought.As a person running for office how could you not know what books you have read ?When will this cardboard cut out fox news drone start to take responsibility for what she says and what she does.....And she wants her finger on the button.God help this country

November 22, 2010 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  5. Mulanrui

She is happy to be interviewed by an "entertainer" like Hannity on a network that employs her (and several other GOP candidates). Perhaps she gets a bonus for trashing the media competition.

November 22, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. Tim

Katie Couric has more knowledge in her little finger than you ever will, ya big baby! Stop your darn whinin' already! Mama grizzly my butt.

November 22, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  7. Cat

Palin is trying to blame Couric for the fact that Palin is stupid, I do not care who interviews this moron, the out come will be the same. Palin is a moron stupid and dumber than dirt

November 22, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  8. Leo

Dear Sarah Palin,

Please run for president and please win! We need good comedy material in these USA so we can laugh while our country goes from bad to worse.

Thanks.

November 22, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  9. Zeus

So she doesn't want an interview with the woman who allowed her to show the world that she wasn't prepared for the office she was seeking? I get it, that makes it Katie's fault. Was it Katie's responsibility to help her from fumbling the interview?

November 22, 2010 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  10. GCV

Hey @nobiashere. Years ago I was taught in marketing that the best way to market around a flaw was to loudly proclaim being the opposite. So just as Fox News proclaim the "fair and balanced" rubbish when they're anything but, one might question the handle you chose.

November 22, 2010 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  11. Joe

That's OK, Sarah. Katie can just interview Tina Fey pretending to be you. It will make more sense and be more relevant.

November 22, 2010 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  12. Cherylynn77

And her favorite founding father was "all of them." Or, if she really had to pick just one, it would be George Washington.How original was that? Katie didn't make Sarah Palin look stupid...she did that all by herself, and she continues to do so today. It's too bad half-term govenor of Alaska Sarah Palin didn't learn to think and to speak in the five years it took her to earn a communications degree.

November 22, 2010 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  13. Anonymous

PLEASE stop covering this woman on the NEWS! She is a character – nothing more and nothing less. Let's start some serious discourse about the future of our country. My biggest wish is that the press stops covering her PERIOD!!

November 22, 2010 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  14. Da Weasel

I do like how almost everyone here is smart enough to see through Palin's torn facade, but I find it so great to hear how because I think Palin is an absolute imbecile, I'm a hater. This is politics, not the music or entertainment industry. There is nothing worse for this country than when politics becomes more of a popularity contest than it does about who is actually a smart person. I have very little doubt that if Palin runs, she will most likely win the primary nomination because independents aren't allowed to vote in them.

I would love to see someone like Huckabee as the Republican candidate, and would vote for him easily, but if Palin even so much as sniffs near the Republican nomination, I won't even think twice about voting for Obama; he will get my vote and many, many others who would have liked to see someone other than Barack take a turn at actually doing what they said they were going to do. I already despised Hannity's voice and didn't think there could be anyone in the world more biased than he is, and I still make that claim. Palin is not out to make our country better, she's not out to make her family better, she clearly wasn't out to make Alaska better. No, Sarah Palin is out for one thing and one person only, and that is herself. She is a selfish, ignorant republitch who has no right getting any media coverage at all. Quit with the love affair CNN, no one wants to hear her voice and no one wants to hear about what she has done lately.

November 22, 2010 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  15. Video Guy

Does this lady realize if the Press stopped repeating every dumb thing that comes out of her mouth, her book sales would be smaller, her speaking fees smaller, and Fox would drop her in real short order.

November 22, 2010 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  16. Mike

She will always be the "Village Idiot". She will always be STUPID! All she wants to do is flitter around making speeches of what she knows little about and making LOTs of money. She is doing all she can now to "get that money" coming in. Looks like anybody can write a book now. She is NOT anything but a money leech! As for a mother, you'd have to ask her nanny since she is never at home being a mother. How anyone can vote for or side with a dumb-ass twit as her is beyond me. She is "white trash" and of course.....an IDIOT.

November 22, 2010 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  17. Britney

HAHAHAHAHAHA ...LOL!!! Palin never gives me one hellava laugh everyday. What would I do without her?

November 22, 2010 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  18. tstorm

Palin, don't be so scared of Katie. She has more intelligence in her little pinkie than you have in that big empty head of yours, bless your heart!

November 22, 2010 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  19. Robrob

"How did she get through Journalism school..." Well, to be fair it took six years and three schools.

"Remeber her making fun of Sarah Palin's child with down syndrome?" No, and neither do you.

November 22, 2010 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  20. Mrs. D

You know something? If she were ugly as a shoe, no one would pay attention to this stupid woman. I've heard some talk about how pretty she is, as though that were a prerequisite for leadership. Funny, I thought it took brains to run government...doe!.... never mind!

November 22, 2010 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  21. Marie MD

@jeff in alabama – GET LOST!!! You are a first class idiot just like your idol the AK bimbo. Did you see the piece? She was asked what newspapers she reads and she couldn't answer it. All of them. All of the founding fathers. All of the idiots who continue to make me rich because they are even more stupid than I am. After that interview daddy mcnasty had to be there with her so she couldn't sink his chances even more. DIDN'T WORK!!!! Talk about beatufy (if you think some crosseyed moron is beautiful) being only skin deep. That goes with her lack of intelligence among other things.
    This is a woman who didn't know African was a continent. She had no idea how North and South Korea happened. She thinks that she has international experience because Putin can also see Russia from his house.

November 22, 2010 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  22. AmFem

tim miller- Beautiful.... absolutley. Intellegent? Only if you compare her to a box of rocks.

November 22, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  23. Dave

Couric's questions weren't biased... Palin just gave idiotic answers to them and is refusing to take responsibility for her own actions. And that's typical of Republicans; when they're too stupid to handle a job, it's always someone else's fault. "What newspapers and magazines do you read" is hardly a "gotcha" question.... you just answer it. Palin cannot handle questions – she only wants to be fawned over. She's pathetic.

November 22, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  24. Spud181

oh my freaking god...how could someone this stupid have anything to say that is worthy of one minute of press coverage?

November 22, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  25. StoopidIzAzStoopidDuz

Curic: "What newspapers do you read?"
    Palin: "Dur...uhh...I can't rememberz"

November 22, 2010 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |