(CNN) - If Sarah Palin does run for president next year, at least one high profile journalist will be forbidden access to the former Alaska governor.
Speaking to Fox New's Sean Hannity in an interview to air Monday, Palin said she wants nothing to do with Katie Couric, the CBS Evening News anchor who's line of questioning facilitated one of the most memorable political foibles of the 2008 presidential campaign.
"As for doing an interview, though, with a reporter who already has such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say? Why waste my time? No," Palin told Hannity of Couric, according to excerpts obtained by Time's Mark Halperin.
"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree. I studied journalism, who, what, where, when, and why of reporting," Palin continued. "I will speak to reporters who still understand that cornerstone of our democracy, that expectation that the public has for truth to be reported. And then we get to decide our own opinion based on the facts reported to us."
In a series of interviews with Couric authorized by the McCain campaign, Palin stumbled over a number of questions, most memorably when asked, "When it comes to establishing your world view…what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read?"
Palin appeared unable to name a single publication – a performance for which she was much maligned - and later said she found the question insulting, as well as emblematic of a liberal slant in the mainstream media.
"So a journalist, a reporter who is so biased and will, no doubt, spin and gin up whatever it is that I have to say to create controversy, I swear to you, I will not my waste my time with her. Or him," she told Hannity in the interview Monday.
Wait until Palin has to debate the other Republicans! The idiot she is will be on on display for the world to see. Do I think this will make a differnce to her followers? No, not really. They listen to millionares like Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity, and many of them don't lnow how they are going to pay their bills. They are stupid enough to be led by these fools.
I wonder if her followers go to the most uneducated, stupid dentist, doctor, mechanic, etc. If they don't, will someone please tell me why you would want someone who is so clueless as president.
The Couric question was an effin softball - any "accomplished" professional could answer it, even if the answer was just fluff... If you don't read, why not have the stones and just be honest and say "I don't read newspapers or magazines - I prefer to get my information from other sources..."
And you want to be President ? What are you going to say when the question is "Should we use military force against..." or "what is your position on the energy reform bill?"
The issue has nothing to do with Couric - it has to do with you... The American people deserve better than another politician who wants to blame their flaws on someone else... Step up to plate lady or get out of the way - this record is broken and we deserve something better than: "Well don't ya know, Joe... Can I call you Joe"...
She doesn't need to be interviewed to display her weakness. Only her fools, er sorry, followers, fail to see what is obvious anyway.
Oh Sarah...........poor Sarah. While you may label all media, except FOX, the 'lame-stream-media'.......you indeed stand out on your own as a brilliant lame-brain. Ms. Couric didn't write a column that was edited, or slanted.........she did an interview. She asked you simple questions and you made an attempt to answer them. It wasn't her fault that the dribble that spewed out of your mouth made you appear stupid.........no, the fault lies solely with you. Maybe she could have given you the questions in advance, then you could have written the answers on your palm(s).....it was a 2 part interview.
You mention that you have a degree in journalism..........are we supposed to be impressed? Our president graduated magna cum laude from Harvard. But hey........whose comparing apples?
Barbara Bush said out loud what many don't have the public voice to say..................'she hopes you stay there'......go home to Alaska, Sarah.....not that they want you either.
I'm not saying I'm on Palin's side – but hurrah for her to diss that snippet Couric – never watcher her and never will –
shes a disgusting JOKE of a 'journalist' UGH !!
The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.
1. Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.
2. Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.
3. The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning – I imagine – that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.
4. Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.
5. For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.
6. President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona. Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.
By the way, she was content to return to Alaska after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.
You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the Democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her.
I guess they're only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives.
So "You go, Girl." I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals.
I rest my case. Only FOOLS listen to the biased media.
"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."
That the second sentence followed that abomination of a first sentence is truly, truly sad. I mourn for the bygone days of Americans taking pride in and revering intelligence and clear, thoughtful, moving articulation of ideas. Today's ignorance worship is a cancer. Jefferson would have taken pity on this woman and sent her to an institution, not sat down with her to discuss our society's core ideals and societal mores. Instead, myriad imbeciles revere her butchering of our language and undermining of our society's conceptual and moral foundations. It's an absolute atrocity perpetuated by the media. Seriously.."THAT IS SO SORRY TODAY OF JOURNALISM"????? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!? WTF IS SHE TALKING ABOUT????? WAKE UP!!!! IT'S LIKE SHE'S TRYING TO CO-OPT JOHN STEWART'S MESSAGE ABOUT DIVISIVE MEDIA DESPITE BEING ONE OF, IF NOT THE, BIGGEST REASON HIS MESSAGE WAS NECESSARY!!!! She's a godd-mn trained talking point parrot who simply regurgitates nonsense like a mama bird feeding her chirping twit chicks. She can't even get it straight half the time....robot malfunction...send her back to MIT to get new firmware. You can't possibly tell me your brains are so starved that you need to feed upon her bilious ideological vomit.
Palins head will surely blow up one day soon from her ego !! This is a person that should never ever work in public service, she has the thinnest of skin and could not stand up to anyone smarter then her and that says it all.
"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree." Hahaha! I hope she gets the GOP nomination.
Seriously, after "Palin the Quitter" left her position as Governor she proved that her real desire is $$$ and feeding her narcissistic ideal of her importance. It is a disgrace and speaks volumes toward the dumbing down of America that her name is even being uttered as a possible candidate. Katie Couric is a smart, accomplished and professional journalist while Palin is a freak like Limbaugh.
Unfortunately, I think that the majority of the attention that Sarah Palin gets is because she is largely a national joke and many journalists are pushing to see how far they can promote her towards the presidency before anyone in the Republican Party notices that it is all a twisted joke. Sarah Palin dropped out of being a governor of a state. Her intellect means she might succeed as the mayor of a really small town that nobody has heard of, but she really has no business being in any headline ever. Thank God that Barbar Bush so succintly suggested she stay in Alaska – at least one Republican isn't brain damaged.
I love to read CNN posts on Sarah Palin . Your like water on a ducks back as far as affecting the tidal wave thats coming when Sarah says its official . She will run for president. She is a national treasure that will win and win big . She is a rock star.So just keep the hate up just remember when you call her stupid then your calling me and a lot of other people stupid .This is a bad thing as far as the libs are concerned . The election results will bear me out .Happy Thanksgiving suckers
Uh... she was asked a simple question, "what newspapers do you read?", she goes deer in the headlights and it is somehow a left-wing conspiracy. No effort was made or contrived to 'create' that moment. Stupid is, stupid does and Sarah Palin made herself look stupid at that moment.
Curic: "What is the Bush Doctrine"
Palin: "Dur...uhh...I don't know, but if Georgie wrote it I am sure it will be a best sellerz"
Shouldn't there be two CNN Tickers: one for Palin and one for real news.
If Ms. Palin is going to run for president, which includes being commander-in-chief of the world's foremost military, and she's afraid to talk to Couric, so much for her macho momma grizzly image. It's more like momma wuss.
I'll ask again as I did in 2008... if Sarah Palin can't handle heat from Katie Couric, how on earth will she handle pressure from Vladimir Putin?? Pathetic...
come on people this retard has no idea about anything she was a Gov for 2 yrs and quit. Kaite just exposed her for the friggen idiot that she is.
Stay in Alaska sara the rest of us want nothing to do with your and you values and especially your foreign policy expertise.
face it people the Palin's are nothing but a bunch of hillbillies.
Who really cares what this quitter has to say. As for running for president, she is a legend in her own mind. She couldn't or wouldn't even finish her governorship in Alaska so what make people think she could handle the job of president. The only this woman has going for is her greed and big loud mouth.
Ah, isn't the human body a wonderful thing? That so much ego could come out of a single brain cell...
"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism." Huh? Moron.
I know, Katie couric is so rude for asking simple questions anyone can answer.
"I will speak to reporters who still understand that cornerstone of our democracy, that expectation that the public has for truth to be reported. And then we get to decide our own opinion based on the facts reported to us."
Death panels anyone?
OMG! A Communications degree? Really? That pretty much says it all about the sorry state of education in America today.
I'm a Republlican, and I continue to be shocked that anyone in my party would even consider Palin a legitimate candidate for the presidency. Frankly, its embarrasing.