TRENDING: Palin won't 'waste time' on Couric
November 22nd, 2010

TRENDING: Palin won't 'waste time' on Couric

(CNN) - If Sarah Palin does run for president next year, at least one high profile journalist will be forbidden access to the former Alaska governor.

Speaking to Fox New's Sean Hannity in an interview to air Monday, Palin said she wants nothing to do with Katie Couric, the CBS Evening News anchor who's line of questioning facilitated one of the most memorable political foibles of the 2008 presidential campaign.

"As for doing an interview, though, with a reporter who already has such a bias against whatever it is that I would come out and say? Why waste my time? No," Palin told Hannity of Couric, according to excerpts obtained by Time's Mark Halperin.

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree. I studied journalism, who, what, where, when, and why of reporting," Palin continued. "I will speak to reporters who still understand that cornerstone of our democracy, that expectation that the public has for truth to be reported. And then we get to decide our own opinion based on the facts reported to us."

In a series of interviews with Couric authorized by the McCain campaign, Palin stumbled over a number of questions, most memorably when asked, "When it comes to establishing your world view…what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read?"

Palin appeared unable to name a single publication – a performance for which she was much maligned - and later said she found the question insulting, as well as emblematic of a liberal slant in the mainstream media.

"So a journalist, a reporter who is so biased and will, no doubt, spin and gin up whatever it is that I have to say to create controversy, I swear to you, I will not my waste my time with her. Or him," she told Hannity in the interview Monday.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. anthony

Will Katie Couric waste time on Palin? We already know that Palin is an idiot, what is the point of another interview? Just like Gingrich, shouldn't Palin win a primary first before anyone takes her seriously?

November 22, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  2. Disgusted

When are we doing to stop paying attention to everything this publicity seeking know-nothing does? Her 15 minutes are over. Give us all a break.

November 22, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  3. CK1

She claims to have a degree in journalism........yet she can't seem to compose proper sentences or speak proper English. WTH is: "I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism."?
    There was nothing biased about the Couric interview. Those were legitimate and fair questions.

November 22, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  4. Di

Translation: "I will only spend time with journalists who are biased in my favor."

November 22, 2010 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  5. masgap

It's too bad she doesn't anything much

November 22, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  6. Becky

Palin and Hannity are nothing like Couric. Katie has more class and is recognized by more journalists than they ever will be. As far a who, why, where and all that crap, I learned that in grade school when writing invitations. Communication degree? I really think it was all about being in front of a camera or having access to a microphone. You better 'man up" as your friends would say. When you go in to politics you're going to be asked hard questions.

November 22, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  7. Justin in Maine

Since when is journalism a cornerstone of our democracy? Free speech, sure, but not journalism. Nothing was preventing SP from answering Couric's questions...except her own ineptitude.

November 22, 2010 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  8. JEM

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism". Is this an actual sentance?

November 22, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  9. Liz in Texas

Oh the irony. She's on Fox News talking about biased reporters. Forget about her ignorance. What is galling is how stupid she thinks the rest of us are.

November 22, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  10. Thank You

CNN has Palin fever. Me Too !!

Even her haters come hear, read and comment. She is irresistible,

November 22, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  11. Bob C

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism. And I have a communications degree."

And in what language did you earn this so called degree? Can't anyone stop this imbecile from embarrassing us as a nation. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks this show boater is ready for any kind of leadership position needs to seek psychiatric help immediately.

November 22, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  12. Bob Dog

Katie Couric is an intelligent, classy, hard working woman, with plenty of talent. Of course Sarah "The Circus Clown" wouldn't like her for exposing Palin's cheap, self-serving, superficial reality.

Katie Couric for President!!

November 22, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  13. Amber Williams

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism." This quotation from Sarah Palin speaks for itself.

November 22, 2010 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  14. Wray

It was a simple question and unbiased. Unlike a Sean Hannity interview to some Republican ditto-head.

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  15. gsquare

Just how stupid is this woman?

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  16. Reddog

That's right Sarah, only allow "journalists" who will play into your manipulation of the truth. You're so transparent that when you travel by air I'll bet you don't even need a full body scan. Anyone with any intelligence can see right through you.

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  17. penn

Doesn't sound like a Mama Grizzley to me.

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  18. MatrixhasU

Gotta love Sister Sarah she is great for a good laugh. She always complains about the media and said President Obama was a rock star yet she is on tv shows and has her own.

Love watching the Drama that is Sarah Palin

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  19. CandyBee

This woman is the embodiment of "The Peter Principle." She has reached the level beyond her competence. That's enough said.

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  20. kdmquito

Huh??? How is asking you what newspapers you read biased...This of course was asked of GWB and of course we know his answer – perhaps our bias is that we want a PRESIDENT who has read a newspaper – now that is a bias I can live with! Enough of Palin!

November 22, 2010 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  21. Becks

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism."

You have got to be kidding me. Is this irony or tragedy? I'll opt for stupidity.

November 22, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  22. Anonymous

"I want to help clean up the state that is so sorry today of journalism'

What the hell does this even mean? Is there a U.S. state that is sorry about something and needs a good cleanin? This ding bat is a simple minded ignoramus, and if the economy continues to tank, this nut could be our next president. Please consider this when you want to sit the next election out to teach someone a political lesson.

November 22, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  23. Excoastie

A free press keeps a free society free. Palin must object to either a free press or a free society.

November 22, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  24. billp

When the going gets tough, the tough quit halfway through their first term and avoid tough questioning by reporters. That's the kind of leader this country needs – one who runs and hides, but not without name-calling.

November 22, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  25. Joshua Ludd

Why does CNN report on her every single day??? Because she might run for president, you say? Well, where is the coverage, much less daily coverage of any other possible candidate???

November 22, 2010 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |