Tea Party roadmap to hit shelves
November 23rd, 2010

Tea Party roadmap to hit shelves

(CNN) - Senator-elect Rand Paul is coming to a bookstore near you with a Tea Party roadmap.

"The Tea Party Goes to Washington" is scheduled to hit shelves in February and outline the future Republican Kentucky senator's plan for the Tea Party. The release will coincide with the new session of Congress.

"This latest victory for Rand is also a major victory for the Tea Party, and in his new book, Rand will literally take the Tea Party to Washington," Center Street publishers said in a statement.

"We are excited to publish this blueprint for fresh ideas and approaches to fix what ails our nation," Rolf Zettersten, Senior Vice President and Publisher for Center Street said in a statement.

Ophthalmologist Rand Paul won a close election against Democrat Jack Conway to succeed retiring Republican Sen. Jim Bunning. Paul was an early Tea Party-backed candidate, and the race received national attention because of Paul's past and the feisty television ads on both sides.

Paul has already voiced his intentions to start a Tea Party caucus in the Senate.

Filed under: Kentucky • Rand Paul • Tea Party movement
  1. Clwyd

I would use the Tea Parties road map to line my garbage pail!

November 23, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  2. W L Jones

Only one thing wrong with challange the Republican tea party, your money is not long enough. It appears they are waiting in line for there last word and testiment.

November 23, 2010 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  3. Jay

Seems like everyone in politics likes writing books and going on tours and I wonder many times whether they're doing it just to get rich off the backs of gullible fools.

Sad state of this once great nation.

November 23, 2010 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  4. george from alaska

oooooh i'm all a flutter gushing over it. gee i hope he foot taps me in the bathroom stall like his other repub buddies. tea baggin express party up the ole hershey highway...gobble...gobble!!!

November 23, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  5. Mona

Oh no. Does that mean news anchors will be reading quotes from the book just like they are reading quotes from Sara's new book? Where have all the real journalists gone? Anyone who appears to think it is okay for his community organizer to stomp on the head of one little young woman with a placard is not anyone who should be elected to high office. His silence after the event was deafening.

November 23, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  6. Jack

Mr. Paul, I am white, I have farmed, I have been in sales, I have owned 2 of my own business's and have started 3rd one and I am 63 years old and I found your actions and your Teat Party associates childish, immature and very bigotted at times.

Your book doesn't even interest me in the least! Neither does Mrs. Palin's book. If you are what we have for leaders for this country then we dug very low in the barrell.

I truly hope that you and Mrs. Palin grow up very fast!

November 23, 2010 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  7. Me

I am so sick of the Tea Party. They are the epitome of anti intelligence. They have these views that are not based on fact. The Tea Party is the Angry townhall mob that was organized by Health insurance companies and Big Pharma to shut down the healthcare debate. They had no idea they were being manipulated by Health insurance companies and Big Pharma
    That angyr townhall mob, with the help of FOX 'news' evolved into the Tea Party
    A bunch of angry white people, mad that their beloved nation is being led by a black man. Oh they say that they are
    Taxed
    Enough
    Already
    But most of them got a tax cut (define ignorance) They say they want to control govt spending, but where were they when we were being spent into oblivion by the last admin? Now, all of the sudden they care?! No! This group was born of hate and it runs on fear and ignorance.
    The tea party is an obstacle of American evolution that must be overcome in order for us to make it to the next level.

I HAVE SPOKEN