Obama doesn't think about Palin
November 24th, 2010

Obama doesn't think about Palin

(CNN) - Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin spends a lot of time talking about President Obama, but the microphone doesn't swing both ways.

"I don't think about Sarah Palin," Obama told ABC's Barbara Walters in an interview set to air Friday.

Instead, he said he's focused on being "the best possible president," while he acknowledged Palin's lure.

"Obviously Sarah Palin has a strong base of support in the Republican Party and I respect those skills," Obama said. "But I spend most of my time right now on how I can be the best possible president."

His comments came on the same day Palin's new book "America by Heart" hit bookshelves and her daughter Bristol Palin appeared in the finale of "Dancing with the Stars."

Palin told Barbara Walters in an interview last week that she thinks she could beat Obama in the next presidential election. The hypothetical match-up has also been measured by recent polling.

According to a Quinnipiac survey released Monday, Obama had a 48 to 40 percent advantage over Palin in a hypothetical general election match-up. The president also held an 8-point advantage over the former Alaska governor in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll, 52 to 44 percent.

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. Maggie Shayne

>>"But I spend most of my time right now on how I can be the best possible president."

I think what he means is "I spend most of my time trying to figure out why these ignorant masses aren't still fawning over me as the Second Coming."

November 24, 2010 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  2. Educator 36

Most educated and informed people of both parties believe Mrs. Palin cost the Republicans the election in 2008 and the Republicans will surely suffer another presidential defeat in 2012 by supporting her because she and the right wing she represents are so polarizing.

November 24, 2010 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  3. cmeadows

I'm proud of President Obama. Through the adverse movement against his every move his head high and has always taken the higher road, leaving the fools to their folly. As a Christian Nation established on Freedom, we have not let this man do his job. We are to worried about "self" and promoting "self rightousness". Let me remind my fellow Christians... He is still the President and instead of attacking put your self in his place..... if only for a day. Great Job Mr. President.

November 24, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  4. Cal

Why would he think about her or anyone else right now. He is too busy either trying to create a new programs we will never be able to pay for or succumbing to dictators. The only reason he would think about Palin is to reflect on how unqualified they both are to be President. We need someone to rise up in 2012 that can actually lead.

November 24, 2010 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  5. love

who cares what Palin have to say

November 24, 2010 10:55 am at 10:55 am |