Palin hits back at Barbara Bush
November 24th, 2010

Palin hits back at Barbara Bush

(CNN) - The Barbara Bush-Sarah Palin verbal spat continued Wednesday with Palin's response to the former first lady, who on Monday said she should stay in Alaska.

"I don't think the majority of Americans want to put up with the blue-bloods," Palin said in a radio interview on the Laura Ingraham Show Wednesday. "With all due respect because I love the Bushes, the blue-bloods who want to pick and choose their winners instead of allowing competition."

The former Alaska governor said she will not be suppressed by leaders of the Republican Party, who she said are ignoring "the will of the people." She also called their statements "inefficient," "unprofessional" and "immature."

Wednesday's interview coincides with the release of her new book, "America by Heart."

However, on conservative Sean Hannity's radio show Tuesday, Palin said if her 2012 candidacy were hurting the Republican Party she would step aside.

"If I get in the way of that cause, I don't need a title, I don't need a position," Palin said.

Palin has repeatedly left the door open to a presidential run in 2012, even telling ABC's Barbara Walters that she could beat Obama in the next election. In the meantime she is in the midst of a national book tour, which will include stops in Iowa and South Carolina, sites of early presidential primaries and caucuses.

Filed under: Barbara Bush • Sarah Palin
  1. Dumbasrocks [R]s

Well, she presumes to know "the will of the people", and she thinks she knows who the "real Americans" are. Well, she does know one thing: how to pander to the lowest common denominator of the rightwing.

Isn't it a shame that we expend so much effort, loot and blood to defend ourselves from foreign enemies, even while the homegrown rightwing enemies of this country thrive due to the malignant ignorance of the masses?

November 24, 2010 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  2. felicia

Palin is a whinny little wench. I am so sick of this money grubbing fool. She is a hateful individual.

November 24, 2010 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  3. Ben in Texas

I rarely understand anything that the Quitter says, and this is no exception. "blue-bloods who want to pick and choose their winners instead of allowing competition"? Is she perhaps referring to the Extreme Court coronation of Dubya in 2000? Or is she angry that the Tea Party is not on the ballot? Or is she saying that the entire processed is rigged by the rich?

Well, that's a given, honey.

November 24, 2010 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. Dave

No one should listen to anyone in the Bush/Clinton crime syndicate. At the same time, don't listen to this fake, palin. Fake grass-roots candidate. She's really a neo-con like the majority of them.

November 24, 2010 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  5. Jesse

You mean fair competition like in Alaska? Isn't Palin supporting Joe Miller's lawsuit against Murkowski, the rightful election winner? Don't they want votes to NOT count? Don't they want to disenfranchise a ton of voters? Yeah, fair competition. You betcha!

November 24, 2010 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. Marko

Again, "will of the people" not respected by republicans. The republicans did not respect the "will of the people" from the 2008 elections during the years of 2009 and 2010. Remember the party of "No". No to everyone who the people voted overwhelmingly into office in 2008.

November 24, 2010 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  7. Jersey George

Palin's amazingly thin-skinned. She can dish out criticism but can't take it no matter where and from whom it comes from. That's one of the reasons why she quit as Governor, people were catching on to her corrupt governing ways. The other was her fear of being out of the media limelight as she was during the 2008 campaign and falling into obscurity as governor of Alaska. What a media hound!

November 24, 2010 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  8. Rob

She already has a title: CU Next Tuesday!

November 24, 2010 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  9. mike125

Relax, America. Didn't you hear that President Obama pardoned two turkeys today ? One of them is named Newt, the other is called Sarah.

November 24, 2010 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  10. ginamesic

....what a looser.....Go back to Alaska and stay in Alska!

November 24, 2010 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  11. doesn't really matter

I'm really sick and tired of this idiot's "folksy" rhetoric about elites, blue bloods, liberals, etc. When one doesn't have an opinion that agrees with yours, that doesn't make them a blue blood, liberal elitist. That makes them a person who most likely has way more sense than you. I'm no fan of the Bush family, but I certainly agree with Barbara on one point! Get back to where you belong Sarah... the frontier of Alaska. No of us "elitist blue bloods" really give a flying fig about what you think.

November 24, 2010 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  12. George B from Ohio

This white trash bimbo is laughing all the way to the bank. The American free market ... where throwing red meat to the NASCAR crowd can make you rich ... ya lotta love it.

November 24, 2010 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  13. Michael in AZ

Does she think it's smart to pick a fight with Barbara Bush? The old lady is not going to take any crap from the youngster from AK. She should either drop the tit-for-tat arguments or be prepared for the coming pile-on. And that's all coming from her party. I just want to watch this one.

November 24, 2010 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  14. North of 49

It never looks good to swipe back at Grandma. That's why I hope Palin keeps this up!! If she can't graciously handle a minor comment from the former prez's mum, how gracious would she be as head of state? Bashing halibut heads as a metaphor for diplomacy? Oh dear....

November 24, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  15. ~~ JULY ~~ ( Palin is the new Paris Hilton )

Palin has no respect ... not even for her kids .. sad sad woman. I am a NO Bush fan but hey I do respect Mrs. Barbara Bush! I respect ALL the First Ladies.

November 24, 2010 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  16. Agent Stan Smith

Maybe they should oil wrestle for "who's right". Wait, which Barbara Bush are we talking about?

November 24, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  17. Hugo

Ohhh, libtardos, take it easy, she is dead on this time. We have had the Kennedy's, the Bush's and the Clinton's living the high life off our tax dollars and dirty insider political trading for decades. You would think you dumb libtard's would be all behind her on this one...wealth envy is a horrible thing but propagating nepotism and cronyism within our political system has left us where we are now, broke, unemployed and in two on-going wars. Perhaps TSA could employ some healthcare people and provide colonoscopies as part of their shake down service, I mean kill two birds with one stone, healthcare cost reduction and a screening for deadly weapons as you travel, no waiting with immediate results...

November 24, 2010 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  18. Nick , California

I'm sorry, but Palin does not speak for the "majority" of Americans...

We all know that's a load of crap! You are making a mockery of education and bringing greed to a whole new level.

\Matthew 19:24.. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

November 24, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  19. JoeT

Stay classy, Sarah. And please open another box of wine, fetch me some more cheez whiz, and give me some more chikin-in-a-biscuit.
    (By the by, didn't she already have a title, i.e., "governor", until she quit?)

November 24, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  20. kcl

OMG can't this lady let anything roll off her back? Just wait until she attacks Obama just for saying I don't think about her.....heaven forbid she's not on his agenda.

November 24, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  21. DJS In NM

Although I am not a Republican, I do respect George and Barbara Bush. Mrs. Bush has always been outspoken, and, in this case she is correct - Sarah Palin should return to Alaska and remain out of national politics. She will continue to harm the Republican party until the Republican leadership grows "some" and issues the same statement to Palin as Mrs. Bush.

November 24, 2010 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  22. andrewstl

can she ever just ignore any comment.

she would be a mess if she really had people scrutinize her

November 24, 2010 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  23. Susan in Arkansas

How is it that she understands so perfectly, "the will of the people?" Talk about delusions of grandeur! Her arrogance and ignorance just makes me shake my head in wonderment.

November 24, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  24. rick

I honestly think that Sara Palin believes the CRAP that drivels from her mouth... What a DAUUUUUUSH bag.

November 24, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  25. S. In California

I was waiting to see how long it would be BEFORE CNN pushed one of her stories to the top of the ticker. Answer: Not long.

November 24, 2010 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |