Palin ratings rebound
December 1st, 2010

Palin ratings rebound

(CNN) – Sarah Palin appears to have staying power when it comes bagging Caribou and grilling salmon on her reality television show.

While critics of the former Alaska governor were quick to point out that ratings for the former GOP vice presidential nominee's "Sarah Palin's Alaska" fell by more than half in its second installment one week ago, the most recent iteration rebounded by 17 percent, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

That means 3.5 million viewers - an enviable audience for any basic cable show, much less a potential 2012 candidate - tuned in to TLC to watch the former Alaska governor's somewhat controversial show that has some Republicans like Karl Rove and Joe Scarborough grumbling that one of the party's likely White House frontrunners is looking clearly unpresidential.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. awaitingmoderationby CNN

Ya see, the democrat liberals and particularly those who dwell here on the Ticker, don't get it. The more mean, demeaning, degrading, demonizing comments they make about Palin, the more they convince us that she is right. When all of liberaldom is against something as much as they are Palin, it means that she must be right and the real thing, because liberals only attack what is honest, ethical and/or moral and honestl since such traits are a threat to their existance. They live in a very corrupt world and want to see every one corrupted and brought down to their level, much like unions hate to have good, productive workers, because they make the majority of them look so bad. That is why unions are so at home and in fact own the democrat liberal party.

December 1, 2010 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  2. R D

Everyone loves a nature show but she is unnatural. A weird species at best a self promoting goon.

December 1, 2010 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  3. Mr. Lemming

When the reality hits that real Americans have lost their unemployment benefits, medicare, education funds, social security
    benefits, and general dignity, they will realize that voting the Republicans back in was a huge mistake, and that media playing
    up Sarah Palin and her un-American agenda is no longer cute or funny.
    Maybe they won't realize it until they wake up in a FEMA "camp" for the homeless.

December 1, 2010 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  4. GI Joe

When I want to see a show about nature, I turn to PROFESSIONALLY DONE National Geographic. No slurs, snipes, digs, lies, ego.

She's a snake that is despised by people who actually have a functional brain.

December 1, 2010 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  5. Tam

That just means that 3.5 million Americans are as illiterate and dumb as she.

December 1, 2010 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  6. Sniffit

Already a Palin story today CNN? And one that is a LIE?

C'mon CNN how can I ever honor my promise to leave this board if you keep posting Palin stories for me to whine about.

December 1, 2010 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  7. runner305

It just shows how many fools there are, out in the general public.

December 1, 2010 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  8. dina

Well as a non Palin supporter, I watched the show only to see how badly she portrays herself as a "presidential candidate. And... sne does not come off as a good candidate in this one either. I am sure ratings are up for the same reason, curiosity. She is a shrewd seller of her image but that does not make her presidential material.Lots of people watch the Kardashians ans Dancing With the Stars but I would guess they are not the literate of America.

December 1, 2010 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  9. Disgusted in Texas

Golly gee, Mooney, thanks for letting us know. I was really worried that maybe she hadn't murdered enough animals yet.

December 1, 2010 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  10. twiddly

I so want to see Sarah in a public debate with other republican contenders; she will get demolished.

December 1, 2010 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  11. Linda in FL

I for one have not watched any of the series. The jump must signal it was a bad night for TV in general. I love TLC but I won't support this program.

December 1, 2010 09:09 am at 9:09 am |
  12. Ben Ben

I wasn't one of the sheep to tune in. Never watched it and never will and will not vote for her in 2012.

December 1, 2010 09:10 am at 9:10 am |
  13. Bubba

I had my local cable remove that channel from my lineup. It's nothing but GOP propaganda for her "presidential campaign" fundraiser.

December 1, 2010 09:11 am at 9:11 am |
  14. T'sah from Virginia

"...rebounded by 17 percent, according to the Hollywood Reporter... ...That means 3.5 million viewers..."

Okay – it rebounded by 17 percent – which added another 1/2 million (approx) to the little over 3 million from last week – therefore, she has an audience right now of 3.5 Million so her audience range is 3-5 million viewers!!! LMAO

Okay, she rebound and 3.5 million viewers really is not bad at all. My question is – why doesn't she continue to be a celebrity and leave the presidency alone!!!

All viewers are NOT tuning in because they LIKE her – Many want to see what they can BLOG on and/or Twitter about – that's it. Whatever, I have not and will not watch because I will hear about it on other networks and I DO NOT want to add to her false ratings!!!

Let's continue to Move America Forward with our current leader, President Obama and let Sarah have her days in her "REALITY WORLD"!

December 1, 2010 09:13 am at 9:13 am |
  15. kellycanuck

How the hell is this news? And why is not in some entertainment page? I said the other day that I log onto CNN to get international and USA news, and all I see is Palin doing this , or Palin doing that , with misleading headlines you put on there like a sensationalized British rag paper. I scroll down and see "Surprise News for Palin" and I check and see that its about her bloody ratings on some reality show. Seriously CNN , what has happened to you? This is the last time I am logging on to your site to check for REAL news. You've seriously gone from being one of the worlds most read sites to a joke.

December 1, 2010 09:14 am at 9:14 am |
  16. GetOverIt

So the fact that her reality TV show ratings have rebounded makes her a more credible candidate for higher office? Are our standards really that low?

December 1, 2010 09:15 am at 9:15 am |
  17. RTinHuntsville

My figgerin' says that's a net 41% drop from week one. Why is this played as a positive?

December 1, 2010 09:15 am at 9:15 am |
  18. Kim J.

Her ratings rebounded because no one can resist watching a train wreck.

December 1, 2010 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  19. lrkr

Excellent. Please stay on TV as a reality star and never run for office or exert real influence over people ever again.

December 1, 2010 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  20. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

It is because she is on a book tour. She hasn't said anything completely stupid in the past 36 hours. I still find her knowledge lacking as well as her work ethic. I don't think that she can really muster up the courage to hold an elected office for a full term anymore.

December 1, 2010 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  21. Robin Bray

So to be clear. That is a 17% increase from the 50% drop. So it is still a 33% drop. No way to spin that as good news really. Don't try to spin Hollywood PR as good news. It's all about selling advertising revenue.

December 1, 2010 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  22. weallgotone

Come on people! Really?!

December 1, 2010 09:22 am at 9:22 am |
  23. michael

who cares who watches this idiot and her band of idiots!

December 1, 2010 09:23 am at 9:23 am |
  24. Warstorm

When will the 15 minutes of fame end for this family?????? Why can't she go quietly into the night?!?!? Stay in Alaska!!!

December 1, 2010 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  25. John

Well frankly if she likes what she is doing so what? And to be brutally honest, looking presidential has a lot of different meanings anymore, a lot of them not so good. Besides, the odds are she is going to stay in her role as king maker rather than run anyway

December 1, 2010 09:25 am at 9:25 am |